Page 47 of 70 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 699

Thread: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sports

  1. #461
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    And just where have I presented ANYTHING in this thread as fact? My reaction to this turd burglar's coming out was minor. In fact I said who cares, however, my reaction to the way he treated this poor woman was legitimate, based mostly on the available information, and appropriate. The fact that you seem to give him a pass is your right, I on the other hand am not so lenient. I wouldn't normally care one iota but the media propping this guy up as some virtue of honor and courage is what gets the hair on my neck to stand up; when in reality he "appears" to be a self serving attention whore, who would rather proclaim his intentions to the media rather than make sure that the girl he brought along for his complex sexual discovery ride for 7 years knew in advance.

    What kind of noble honorable guy would do that? Answer, NO ONE would, so keep on keeping on brother. My disdain for Collins has nothing to do with his sexuality, it is and always is about his character. He lacks one, by all available instances!

    Tim-
    The funny part is that you don't see the disconnect.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #462
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    If it's factual, you can prove it. Hearsay doesn't count for proof, even though you like to use it a lot (Oh so and so said this, and that dude said that...).

    Selectively published quotes is not scientific study. You seem to confuse that too. The TRUE statement, that any honest and intelligent person would say would be that "right now there's a lot of speculation, there's a lot of talk. There is potential for some good to come out of it, it can have a positive impact on the perception of gay athletes; but as to that we'll have to wait and see. "

    And that is the most correct, honest statement backed by current measurements one can make. Not "factual" impact, but possible impact.
    already proved BY THE PEOPLE OF THE NBA LMAO
    are you seriously trying to convince people of this scientific study BS deflection LMAO
    and now you bring up hearsay and court of law???

    wow you are desperate, yes of course the views of the people actually in the NBA are meaningless to you because they prove you wrong, whos words should we use? yours? LMAO no thanks ill believe the people of the NBA since, well, oh yeah they are in the NBA:
    and the true statement is an impact has already factually happened and is already factually present, hence all the reality happening right now, this fact will not change no matter your emotions.

    Now we dont know how "possibly" FAR the impact will be or how "possibly" big the impact will be but the impact is already here and already happening. Again nobody intelligent and honest would deny this fact. But please continue because its hilarious watching you lie and make up arguments and trying to reframe every post. Good luck. Is that letter written yet? Can i read it before you send it? I wanna see how you tell them all that they are wrong and liars.
    Last edited by AGENT J; 05-01-13 at 12:58 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #463
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    current data doesnt not support that, the most recent shows the majority (51-54% cant remember) of blacks support SSM and then even more at the younger age bracket of the NBA
    so theres no failure at all, that was actually in a thread here titled "gay president" go check it out

    oh yeah and this strawman also does NOTHING to the fact that there was an impact says the people of the NBA So yes i agree you presented, well, nothing at all really
    In Prop 8 70% of blacks opposed gay marriage according to exit polls. Why is that important? Because exit polling is more reliable than your average run of the mill poll, why? Because people actually vote on the issue. You fail! Again!


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  4. #464
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    of course not! thats not what i meant at all i was just asking why you expected different since the news has been ****ty for awhile

    I agree with you 100% news SHOULD be about actually objective honest news but sadly that hasnt been going on for along time. Its pathetic but thats what i expect from them especially MSNBC and FOX the worse of the worst but i would LIKE and I WANT different
    Very true.

  5. #465
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The funny part is that you don't see the disconnect.
    yeah i didnt get that either, all the evidence seems opposite of what you bolded
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #466
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    current data doesnt not support that, the most recent shows the majority (51-54% cant remember) of blacks support SSM and then even more at the younger age bracket of the NBA
    so theres no failure at all, that was actually in a thread here titled "gay president" go check it out
    actually we just discussed this and I pointed out how the polling data you were citing was a bit flawed (on the point of African Americans, it was using an extremely small sample size). And while evidence does indicate a softening around the gay issue with african americans, that seems more dependent on it being an Obama policy position, as opposed to actual support for gay marriage.


    It's a very important distinction when we are discussing acceptance of such a lifestyle

  7. #467
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The funny part is that you don't see the disconnect.
    He is a turd burglar, pillow biter, whatever you want to call it, so what. What that's not funny?

    Making fun of him doesn't mean my disdain in this context is at his character, not his stealing of turds..

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  8. #468
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    In Prop 8 70% of blacks opposed gay marriage according to exit polls. Why is that important? Because exit polling is more reliable than your average run of the mill poll, why? Because people actually vote on the issue. You fail! Again!


    Tim-
    ok
    ZERO impact to the fact begin discussed in this thread LOL

    strawman failed, keep up the good work though tim

    let me know when this fat changes
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #469
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    already proved BY THE PEOPLE OF THE NBA LMAO
    are you seriously trying to convince people of this scientific study BS deflection LMAO
    and now you bring up hearsay and court of law???
    Quit lying, I never brought up a court of law. I said hearsay isn't evidence. LMAO, how desperate you must be to deflect against backing up anything you say.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #470
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    actually we just discussed this and I pointed out how the polling data you were citing was a bit flawed (on the point of African Americans, it was using an extremely small sample size). And while evidence does indicate a softening around the gay issue with african americans, that seems more dependent on it being an Obama policy position, as opposed to actual support for gay marriage.


    It's a very important distinction when we are discussing acceptance of such a lifestyle
    yes you did give me your opinion on that and yet it did soften no matter the reason and yet it still has nothing to do with the thread/fact being discussed

    thanks though
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 47 of 70 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •