Page 44 of 70 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 699

Thread: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sports

  1. #431
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,036

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You still can't comprehend what you're reading. I'm saying that if you feel gay men are chasing you, it's probably because you've grown up to believe that women are also chasing you. When in reality, it's far from the truth and nobody is chasing you. In the end, it adds up. The majority of people against gay marriage are low class, protestants. Not higher class intellectuals. So they're trying to pretend that their failure in intellectual, social circles don't exist by claiming that everyone who could be attracted to them will be attracted to them.



    We can't compare investment portfolios? Check stubs? What about income?

    Gay Couples More Educated, Higher-Income Than Heterosexual Couples - US News and World Report



    Gay people earn more, owe less - Dec. 6, 2012
    You're making a strawman argument regarding men feeling like they're the targets of gay men. That's simply not true. It's the sexual genetic deviance itself that is the gorilla in the room - or locker room in this instance - not a perceived "threat". Homosexuality is not normal, as much as you desperately want it to be. It's a mutation for some, a choice for others, but it's not normal. THAT is what weirds sexually normal people out, some more than others.

    I know and like a few gay people. But that doesn't mean I recognize or accept their lifestyle as everyday ho-hum normal.

    Regarding your obsession with this idiotic educational/financial concoction of a "study", think about how utterly preposterous it is to (1) believe an accurate "study" is even possible of something like this, and (2) that a sexual mutation like this can translate into higher education and financial responsibility. LOL

    That's a PRIME example of engineering a study to exactly what you want it to reflect, then feeding it to the needy who desperately want it to be true. Today's "scientific studies" are most often predetermined opinions added to manipulated data.

    How you use your anus doesn't mean you understand quantum physics and the stock market better. LOL
    Last edited by Erod; 05-01-13 at 11:16 AM.

  2. #432
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    LOL I love conservatives, they complain about two gay guys, but then quickly go in the back of their house and masterbate to two women going at it. go figure.
    Eh, again...kind of like the locker room thing...this is another of those instances where people are so invested in this that they must reject reason or the desire to honestly think and instead must go full on "belittle the other side". Not your specific statement, but many like it I've heard.

    It's funny that in a conversation about sexual orientation and what people find attractive, some people flip their **** and immeidetely go to bigotry if someone finds two guys kissing to be unattractive or a turn off or gross. For some people, sure, it MAY be a moral thing. For other people it may simply be a matter of what's visually appealing.

    I enjoy seeing two women kiss now. About a decade ago, it was one of the biggest turn offs possible and disgusted me. My high school girlfriend had gone off to an all girls college and cheated on me with a girl, ending our relationship. However, my "disgust" at the sight wasn't a moral disdain for lesbianism....it was a visual cue to the negative feelings of that relationship.

    I don't particularly enjoy the sight of two guys kissing passionately. Then again, I don't particularly enjoy the sight of my parents pashionately kissing either. Nor do I enjoy the sight of two significantly large or unattractive people kissing passionately. Or a really old person passionately kissing a really young one. All of those ellicite a similar "meh" to "eww" response to me. Does that mean I hate gays or my parents? Or is it because I don't find it visually appealing in an aesthetic or sexual way and thus have a negative reaction to it?

    Similar to my issues with the race discussion...I think FAR to often there is great over reach, massive over reaction, and intense stereotyping on the PRO side of things that it basically damages and weakens the ability to actually go after the reasonable and real problems when they come up. So many seem to exhibit a full on scorched earth policy where all things someone that disagrees with you says must be made out to be born of the most negative and harmful of intentions so that the person can claim their full moral superiority to themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well you might be right there. I refer to gays as homosexuals, but that's just me. Either way I still think its funny that conservatives complain about how acting on homosexuality is such a sin, but they have no problem masterbating to lesbians. Just saying.
    It's funny that you go with the blatant, across the board, prejudice towards conservatives by declaring what "they" complain about in a post seemingly based around your unhappiness with bigotry born of prejudice.

  3. #433
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,036

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp


  4. #434
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    What I find odd with the people honoring this mans brave announcement is the seemingly total disregard for the character that he must be to date a women for 7 years only to ditch her hopes and dreams for the spotlight of gay-come-outism.
    So you find it odd that people don't react based off you baseless assumption stated as fact?

    Man, a lot of things must appear "odd" to you.

    As to the actual issue...hard to say without knowing stuff about the woman. Not to mention the enormous complexity mentally that would go into a situation like his. By the sounds of his admission, it seemed he's been fighting with his feelings and views for some time. By the sounds of it once he came to an understanding of what he was feeling and who he was, he ended the relationship. That seems to be a rather reasonable and responsible way of handling it.

  5. #435
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Good for him - very gutsy, imo.

    It would have been even more gutsy if he was near the beginning of his career and not near the end (he is 34 and - I believe - currently not under contract to any team)...but that is nit picking.

    Hopefully, this will make things much easier for gays/lesbians in sports.

  6. #436
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    ALRIGHT...was waiting for this to come up.

    No....no RG3 did not CHIME in. What we have here is an issue of Scrotie McBoogerballs

    His comment was in a string of comments relating to a stupid story pushed by NFL.com in the past few days.

    While at the Draft Day party...in front of fans and not seemingly national media...RG3 was asked about what games were most memorable. He brought up the division clinching final game, and also the thanksgiving game. He made a reference to the chants of "RG3" at Texas Stadium when the crowd at Fedex started to chant it, and made a statement along the lines that during the Thanksgiving game the Redskins made "Dallas their home".

    An NFL.com writer heard about it and wrote a story on it...which got a TON of hate from Cowboy fans in the comments wishing injury on RG3 and people criticizing him for saying it or giving "bulletin board material".

    Here was the entire exchange on Twitter

    Robert Griffin III ‏@RGIII
    You ever say something & people interpret it a certain way but you didn't mean it that way but meant it how you said it??? Yea...

    Brent ‏@BRCope81
    @RGIII like making Dallas home?

    Robert Griffin III ‏@RGIII
    @BRCope81 Exactly lol among others

    Robert Griffin III ‏@RGIII
    In a land of freedom we are held hostage by the tyranny of political correctness
    It just unfortunate that people happen to see the single quote and ran with it. I've seen people state that RG3 was talking about everything from Jason Collins to the dumbass Washington Councilman who wants the Skins to change their name to the "Redtails". However, in context, it's clearly in relation to the reaction to his quote about Dallas.

  7. #437
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,140

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    I don't know about you guys and gals, but knowing what Jason Collins likes to do with his penis has really changed my opinion of him as a basketball player...
    Well, we all know what Michael Jordan likes to do with his....


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #438
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,269

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    It will be nice when the rush of gay people in sports comes out. Really, most sports boil down to the completely gay male concept of trying to play grabby with your opponents balls anyway. Still, it should lead to a number of other players coming out as long as he doesn't get tebowed. There will be a backlash that will help illustrate the bigotry and hate in america more and more and show how sad and pathetic hating gays really is.
    So I guess they'll have to paint pink lillies on the court.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #439
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    he was a terrible player. the fact that he is gay is irrelevent.

    In other headline-making, earth shattering, landscape of sport altering news... NASCAR pit crew tire changer Christmas Abbott comes out and admits she is female
    1. A terrible player doesn't stay in the NBA for over a decade. He's not a superstar, but he's been a solid role player filling a role most teams like to have...big man depth.

    2. The fact he's gay is irrelevant to the type of player he is. That doesn't mean the fact he's gay is irrelevent in and of itself however

    Also, I get your attempt at a joke at the end but it's highlighting the problem in your argument here. The fact this IS making headlines and is getting talked about and has been getting such attention means it's at least somewhat note worthy within the public consiousness. I don't think it will have a lasting impact or a sizable mark in history due to him being quasi-active at this point, on the very tail end of his career at best, and not a "sexy" name or even a well known one. But that doesn't mean the immediete impact and scope isn't at least buzz generating and of some note.

  10. #440
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,036

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Good for him - very gutsy, imo..

    It would have been even more gutsy if he was near the beginning of his career and not near the end (he is 34 and - I believe - currently not under contract to any team).
    Gutsy? How about opportunistic posturing. Self-serving.

    He just went from an NBA no-name to a HUGE celebrity right before his playing days are over.

Page 44 of 70 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •