Page 40 of 70 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 699

Thread: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sports

  1. #391
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    What's especially annoying to me is that we have a "war" going on in Afghanistan, we have problems with NK, Iran, etc., children are abducted, missing, abused, killed, yet THIS is one of the top stories on the news? Really?

  2. #392
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) you already defined some of them/
    "some will make noise, others will accept, others won't care."
    "There wasn't really anything to "break" here other than random people's attitudes that being gay is icky. "

    and it will be easier for others for multiple reasons, many in the league have praised him. Him coming out and getting praise is a big deal.
    No, what I listed is what is and what will nominally occur over time. You are saying he's making a change, I'm trying to get from you what that change will be. You have never addressed it, instead falling to lame "LMAO" dismiss comments. Some people said "good job!", well duh. To be expected, and not ground breaking change. Some percentage already supported gay athletes and would of course say "good for you!". So what's new? What's earth shattering? Can you at least give an actual response instead of juvenile "LAMO" responses?

    anyway now things are already changed and IF he finds a homes things will be forever changed cause he'll be the first pro-athlete in major american sports to come out.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    2.) LMAO there you go again i didnt say it "makes him great" you say you arent emotional but your post definitely suggest otherwise.
    being first is an groundbreaking in this case
    You're touting him for being first, yes? Or did you not write ""I" dont want it to be anything more than what i think it is and that is possible the first openly gay pro-athlete and thats awesome.". So it's great, yes? It's awesome that this guy could be the first. It's like you don't even know the words that are coming out of your mouth. And before you say "LMAO...I didn't say it, I wrote it"; I already understand, don't make stupid retorts.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    as far as impact on the sport NO, impact on the its landscape YES. because to make the landscape more gay friendly.
    That's just your supposition on the matter. But it's not going to be any more or less "gay friendly" than it is now, nor will it impact how "gay friendly" sports would ultimately become if left to their own devices. Nothing in this story, in this brouhaha suggests that there will be anything of substance to come from this.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #393
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    1.)No, what I listed is what is and what will nominally occur over time. You are saying he's making a change, I'm trying to get from you what that change will be. You have never addressed it, instead falling to lame "LMAO" dismiss comments. Some people said "good job!", well duh. To be expected, and not ground breaking change. Some percentage already supported gay athletes and would of course say "good for you!". So what's new? What's earth shattering? Can you at least give an actual response instead of juvenile "LAMO" responses?

    anyway now things are already changed and IF he finds a homes things will be forever changed cause he'll be the first pro-athlete in major american sports to come out.



    You're touting him for being first, yes? Or did you not write ""I" dont want it to be anything more than what i think it is and that is possible the first openly gay pro-athlete and thats awesome.". So it's great, yes? It's awesome that this guy could be the first. It's like you don't even know the words that are coming out of your mouth. And before you say "LMAO...I didn't say it, I wrote it"; I already understand, don't make stupid retorts.



    That's just your supposition on the matter. But it's not going to be any more or less "gay friendly" than it is now, nor will it impact how "gay friendly" sports would ultimately become if left to their own devices. Nothing in this story, in this brouhaha suggests that there will be anything of substance to come from this.
    1.) nope its what you ASSUME would occur and now you will never know because this happened, hence change/impact
    I actually addressed it head on you just dont like my answer, deflect all you want i answered you very direct lol Your emotion continues to get the best of you and thats why you are resorting to being uncivil and failed insult but nobody buys the lie. I listed two reasons that you said then two of my own. Nice try but its a complete lie

    do you want them again?

    A.)"some will make noise, others will accept, others won't care." (the acceptance part is impacted)
    b.) "There wasn't really anything to "break" here other than random people's attitudes that being gay is icky. " (yes now it wont be so icky, that was impacted)
    c.) it will be easier for others to come out for multiple reasons (impact)
    d.) many in the league have praised him. Him coming out and getting praise is a big deal. because it lets people know you have supports, REAL PUBLIC support which would have never been known without this move (impact)
    sorry you fail! lol you can claim all you want i didnt directly answer but that is a lie and you may not agree with my answers but it doesnt change the fact i answered with actual response.

    yep more proof how emotional this is for you


    2.) touting him? LMAO NO ( you love making stuff up. Why do you argue made up points and strawmen?)
    identifying FACTS? YES
    you fail again, nice try but would you like to stop making stuff up, because the proof is all right here you lose again

    3.) you simply dont know that and the people supporting him IN THAT SPORT disagree with you LMAO

    its fine that you disagree but your not going to change anybody's mind because you dont have anything logical or factual enough.

    If he, many players and coaches and owners and the president of the sport feel he did changes things, guess what, he did LMAO

    you can debate degree but he factually changed things

    again do you have some facts you want me to aknowledge, tell me what you want me to say LOL it will be easier

    now if you would like to talk about anything actually said let me know
    or vent some more, its ok, let it out
    Last edited by AGENT J; 04-30-13 at 11:12 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #394
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    What's especially annoying to me is that we have a "war" going on in Afghanistan, we have problems with NK, Iran, etc., children are abducted, missing, abused, killed, yet THIS is one of the top stories on the news? Really?
    you didnt really expect something different did you? just saying news hasnt been about news for quite some time now unfortunately
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #395
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    A.)"some will make noise, others will accept, others won't care." (the acceptance part is impacted)
    Any proof beyond "because I said so"? Because it's really just you saying so.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    b.) "There wasn't really anything to "break" here other than random people's attitudes that being gay is icky. " (yes now it wont be so icky, that was impacted)
    Assumption. This was already a decaying model, you offer no additional time rate changes.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    c.) it will be easier for others to come out for multiple reasons (impact)
    Depends on reaction, and not at the beginning. Again, decaying trends so it will be easier regardless as time increases.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    d.) many in the league have praised him. Him coming out and getting praise is a big deal. because it lets people know you have supports, REAL PUBLIC support which would have never been known without this move (impact)
    Assumption. Many probably do praise, I already addressed this. Real Public support effects have been assumed by you
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #396
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    What's especially annoying to me is that we have a "war" going on in Afghanistan, we have problems with NK, Iran, etc., children are abducted, missing, abused, killed, yet THIS is one of the top stories on the news? Really?
    Those things were all true yesterday and the day before and the day before that and the day before that. Should they make the news every day? Yep. We're still in Afghanistan. Ok.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #397
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    1.)Any proof beyond "because I said so"? Because it's really just you saying so.



    2.)Assumption. This was already a decaying model, you offer no additional time rate changes.



    Depends on reaction, and not at the beginning. Again, decaying trends so it will be easier regardless as time increases.



    Assumption. Many probably do praise, I already addressed this. Real Public support effects have been assumed by you
    good job abandoning your lies and trying to address the things i already gave you twice now

    1.) its happening NOW lmao
    the articles in the OP are proof LMAO
    2.) wrong again, the people in support disagree and then theres the stories, books, interviews and documentary that show how there was an icky factor. One link to one of the stories of an explayer and how he and others felt it wouldnt be safe to come out is in this thread.
    3.) the reaction is already good, when top players, coaches, owners and execs of the league give you support that makes it easier.
    4.) another lie, theres nothign assumed im going but those peoples owns words WOW dude you are desperate.

    lets go over the facts, the NBA has been impacted, thats a fact. How greatly or how little, who knows but the impact is factual.

    is there something else you want to debate because you opinion about the impact is meaningless to me and i dont care how big or little you or i view it because thats opinion but the impact exists and it is factual.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #398
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) its happening NOW lmao
    It's been happening for a good long time now as public opinion has been swinging in favor of accepting the gay community. So....nothing new. Do you have any metric to claim that this dude coming out has led to an INCREASE in that already established trend?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    the articles in the OP are proof LMAO
    LMAO, LMAO, LMAO.....measured increase in rate? Got it? Or do you just have supposition and assumption and are pretending that an already existing trend is due to this new thing right now? Cause it seems the latter

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    2.) wrong again, the people in support disagree and then theres the stories, books, interviews and documentary that show how there was an icky factor. One link to one of the stories of an explayer and how he and others felt it wouldnt be safe to come out is in this thread.
    Indeed, of course in the 70's there was a lot less acceptance, even less going further back. As we've progressed, we've seen opinion and consciousness change. So how is this case, this guy coming out now, increased that rate of acceptance? I understand the trend, I know it's easier to come out now than in the past, and that in the future it will be even easier. Didn't take this guy to make it true. Thus if this is a notable event, there must be an effect, and thus you can show me an INCREASE. Did the time rate of decay increase, and can you show it; or is all you have "I said so!"? Cause at this point, LMAO, it seems to be the latter.

    3.) the reaction is already good, when top players, coaches, owners and execs of the league give you support that makes it easier.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    4.) another lie, theres nothign assumed im going but those peoples owns words WOW dude you are desperate.
    No, I'm trying to get you to understand you're talking out of your ass. "because it lets people know you have supports, REAL PUBLIC support which would have never been known without this move". The assumption here is that his coming out CREATED REAL PUBLIC SUPPORT. The reality is that it's been there all along in the representative statistics and dynamics. This guy coming out does nothing to impact these numbers. If this is such a great and notable event, there will be affects on numbers. Did more people all of a sudden come out in support of the gay community? Public mind you, you claimed public. Where are the stats to prove the point? No...didn't think you had. So you want to call me a liar because I called out your assumptions, but you can do nothing to prove your assumptions any more than assumptions

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    How greatly or how little, who knows but the impact is factual.
    LMAO, and I think you just messed up. Cause this is what I've been saying to accurate degree. You're trying to claim this as some great event, that we should stand up and look at it, that because of it public opinion is swinging and demonstrated and blah blah blah blah. But here's the truth. You do not know. You've assumed the whole dynamic, you've supposed the entire effect. You have no idea, and no analysis to show any increase over baseline. But here's a remarkable event, yes? Redefining the sport or sport's world or whatever other BS you want to throw out there. And end of the day....YOU DO NOT KNOW. You say it's "factual", but only as cover for your ignorance on the data set. You have no proof of factual. You have no measurement of increase from baseline, you have nothing but your supposition and assumption. Thank you for admitting you've done nothing but suppose and assume the greatness of this event.
    Last edited by Ikari; 04-30-13 at 11:51 PM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #399
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    1.)It's been happening for a good long time now as public opinion has been swinging in favor of accepting the gay community. So....nothing new. Do you have any metric to claim that this dude coming out has led to an INCREASE in that already established trend?



    2.)LMAO, LMAO, LMAO.....measured increase in rate? Got it? Or do you just have supposition and assumption and are pretending that an already existing trend is due to this new thing right now? Cause it seems the latter



    3.)Indeed, of course in the 70's there was a lot less acceptance, even less going further back. As we've progressed, we've seen opinion and consciousness change. So how is this case, this guy coming out now, increased that rate of acceptance? I understand the trend, I know it's easier to come out now than in the past, and that in the future it will be even easier. Didn't take this guy to make it true. Thus if this is a notable event, there must be an effect, and thus you can show me an INCREASE. Did the time rate of decay increase, and can you show it; or is all you have "I said so!"? Cause at this point, LMAO, it seems to be the latter.




    4.)No, I'm trying to get you to understand you're talking out of your ass. "because it lets people know you have supports, REAL PUBLIC support which would have never been known without this move". The assumption here is that his coming out CREATED REAL PUBLIC SUPPORT. The reality is that it's been there all along in the representative statistics and dynamics. This guy coming out does nothing to impact these numbers. If this is such a great and notable event, there will be affects on numbers. Did more people all of a sudden come out in support of the gay community? Public mind you, you claimed public. Where are the stats to prove the point? No...didn't think you had. So you want to call me a liar because I called out your assumptions, but you can do nothing to prove your assumptions any more than assumptions



    5.)LMAO, and I think you just messed up. Cause this is what I've been saying to accurate degree. You're trying to claim this as some great event, that we should stand up and look at it, that because of it public opinion is swinging and demonstrated and blah blah blah blah. But here's the truth. You do not know. You've assumed the whole dynamic, you've supposed the entire effect. You have no idea, and no analysis to show any increase over baseline. But here's a remarkable event, yes? Redefining the sport or sport's world or whatever other BS you want to throw out there. And end of the day....YOU DO NOT KNOW. You say it's "factual", but only as cover for your ignorance on the data set. You have no proof of factual. You have no measurement of increase from baseline, you have nothing but your supposition and assumption. Thank you for admitting you've done nothing but suppose and assume the greatness of this event.
    1.) reality disagrees with you. Nothing new? nah only players, owners, coaches, ex players, other sports players presidents ex presidents and movie stars all tweeting and face booking etc etc their approval and telling the player they are proud of him.
    yep that happens all the time, nothing new at all LMAO
    again REALITY anf facts prove you wrong, if you disagree just provide an example when this happened to another active NBA player that came out?
    2.) see answer one, the articles prove you wrong unless you have an example of this happening to some other NAB player before for coming out. Reality trumps you again LMAO
    3.) there you go again MAKING STUFF UP and arguing things nobody said, this type of dishonesty will never work on me or honest posters. Can you point where I said it isnt easier NOW than the 70S????
    THe facts being discussed is IMPACT, your strawman loses and you fail again LMAO

    Fact remains impact exists nothing changed

    4.)HHAHAHAHA here comes more emotional temper tantrums. ANother made up failed argument that doesnt change the fact it had an impact. But please feel freee to argue all the meaningless angry feelings you have and i will continue to point out the facts that it had an impact. Are all the players, coaches, articles, owners, president of the sport lying?????

    didnt call you a liar i said you lied which you 100% did in fact lie
    I have zero assumptions im going by the people in the league that said so, but feel freet to tell them they are wrong and all liars you fail again

    5.) nice try ive been saying the impact is factual and you said it wasnt, wow another lie and back pedal LMAO it wont work dude. like ive been saying the impact is factual. The rest that you want to make up that YOU THINK i am saying based on your biased emotion is a completely failure because its your ASSUMPTIONS and nothin else. Meaningless exaggeration to deflect but the fact still remains it is a factual impact and the league says so, so does reality.

    sorry this bothers you but this has impacted the NBA, period.

    the proof is the league and people in it and whats happening, you lose.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #400
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) reality disagrees with you. Nothing new? nah only players, owners, coaches, ex players, other sports players presidents ex presidents and movie stars all tweeting and face booking etc etc their approval and telling the player they are proud of him.
    yep that happens all the time, nothing new at all LMAO
    LMAO, numbers? Testimonials are all fine and good, less you are claiming and effect above baseline; then you need to demonstrate the effect above baseline

    As I have already said, I understand the testimonials and would full expect them in a system which has both champions and dissenters.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    again REALITY anf facts prove you wrong, if you disagree just provide an example when this happened to another active NBA player that came out?
    The guy's the first, yes? So obviously that was a retarded question. Numbers? You make claims, can you demonstrate the claims?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    2.) see answer one, the articles prove you wrong unless you have an example of this happening to some other NAB player before for coming out. Reality trumps you again LMAO
    LMAO, already handled. LMAO. Testimonials do not statistics make. Please make with the numbers. Of course in a system where there were ALREADY supporters, the supporters would come out and support. Sorta what they do. Doesn't mean that they had CHANGED THEIR MINDS BECAUSE OF THIS MAN'S ACTIONS. That's the contention, and what you cannot, will not show. Now if you had numbers that had measurement of acceptance before and after the announcement....maybe then we could proceed. Got those numbers? LMAO.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    3.) there you go again MAKING STUFF UP and arguing things nobody said, this type of dishonesty will never work on me or honest posters. Can you point where I said it isnt easier NOW than the 70S????
    THe facts being discussed is IMPACT, your strawman loses and you fail again LMAO
    ....It's like reason and logic are toxic to you. I didn't say you did, don't make crap up. But you posted ex-players saying how it was such a big deal for him to come forward and in their day they couldn't. Well of course in their day (assuming they aren't from the future) it was harder. Duh! Now it's easier, in the future it will be even still easier. You seem to be missing the real point here in order to make your lame attacks and stupid arguments which continually prove nothing. Don't claim that attacks against your arguments are attacks against you. Jesus.

    Fact remains impact exists nothing changed

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    4.)HHAHAHAHA here comes more emotional temper tantrums. ANother made up failed argument that doesnt change the fact it had an impact. But please feel freee to argue all the meaningless angry feelings you have and i will continue to point out the facts that it had an impact. Are all the players, coaches, articles, owners, president of the sport lying?????
    They could be, perhaps just to avoid a media spectacular. I don't know them well enough to really comment. But again, personal testimonial is not statistics. Produce the numbers, otherwise assuming broad changes in dynamic off of selected published testimonial is.....assumption.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    didnt call you a liar i said you lied which you 100% did in fact lie
    Which is calling me a liar. Is this how far down the rabbit hole you're going. Also, nothing I have written thus far has been a lie.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    I have zero assumptions im going by the people in the league that said so, but feel freet to tell them they are wrong and all liars you fail again
    No, you've taken a few published testimonials and holding onto them like gospel. What you haven't done is provided ANY numbers, stats, analysis to back your point. I'm not saying their wrong, I'm sure it was a brave thing, I'm sure back in the day it was harder. What I am not sure about, and skeptical about, is the overall influence and impact this is going to have on sports and on society in general.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    5.) nice try ive been saying the impact is factual and you said it wasnt, wow another lie and back pedal LMAO it wont work dude. like ive been saying the impact is factual. The rest that you want to make up that YOU THINK i am saying based on your biased emotion is a completely failure because its your ASSUMPTIONS and nothin else. Meaningless exaggeration to deflect but the fact still remains it is a factual impact and the league says so, so does reality.
    No lie, no back peddling. LMAO. If the impact is factual, you have the numbers to show it. If not, then you don't. So the ball is in your court. Factual impact, yes? You keep saying it over and over again. So PROVE IT.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    sorry this bothers you but this has impacted the NBA, period.
    Has it? How many more gay people have come out since his announcement? What percentage turnaround in opinion has occurred? Factual, yes? Factual is measurable. Where's the measurement? That's all I'm asking for, been asking for nothing more this entire time. Factual means real, real has impact that can be measured. Show me the measurement.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    the proof is the league and people in it and whats happening, you lose.
    Have the rules changed? Has admittance changed? Have more people come out and declared themselves gay? Has there been an appreciable increase in acceptance?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 40 of 70 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •