Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 699

Thread: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sports

  1. #31
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,747

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Well genius, where do you suppose all this contempt for homosexuality comes from? Especially the variety shared by many straight men concerning the imagery of gay men. Don't hide from yourself, what DID you mean by your insinuation that this athlete no longer has to hide in fear from bigotry. What is this bigotry you speak of? Where does it come from, can you define it without rhetorical accusations?


    Tim-
    I think that one look at Dennis Rodman assured him he had nothing to fear in coming out. LOL.

    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So having "no career", which includes his "not" college and well paid "not" pro years....is determined by some shifting goalpost now called "prime"?
    The prime of a players career is usually speaking when you will see him at his best statistically.

    As I tried to make clear, I would take that kind of "no career" any time.
    I'm sure though, your career has exceeded his, hence your superiority and ability to denigrate his.
    I'm sure my career is not the topic of the thread. The fact is that Dikembe Mutombo was meant to have the starting job in New Jersey, NOT Jason Collins and the only reason he even got the job was because Mutombo spent his time in New Jersey constantly injured. What he did with his chance was lackluster and like it or not there is nothing there to write home about. He was a weakness on the Nets line up, plain and simple. The dude was always a roster filler and his time in New Jersey did nothing but put that in stone.
    Last edited by Henrin; 04-29-13 at 05:19 PM.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by keymanjim View Post
    But, he's being praised for his ability to dribble ON some guy's balls.

    Look, he is coming to an end of his usefulness. Since the NBA is something like 95% black, he has to lean on some other federally recognized protected group to cry discrimination when he is no longer wanted.
    Now really that is unfair as he could have always converted to Islam to get imaginary preference from liberals. He didn't have to go suck any cock in order to be a minority. He could have worn a doily du-rag and prayed 4 times a day for his minority status. That is a hell of a lot easier for a straight guy than sucking cock is.

  4. #34
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Why is it bigotry? What is it about finding two men engaged in a lip lock disgusting, is bigoted? The thought of two men having anal sex causing other men to wince at that thought is now bigoted? Really? I know the narrative is to paint everyone a bigot that doesn't openly show love for the queer men, but lets be honest here, even people who seem indifferent on the subject wince at that visual. I would think that those that do not, are the weird one's, not the reverse.


    Tim-
    Bigotry isn't your squeamish emotional response to the idea of gay sex, but what you do about it to make the guy's life more difficult. You can go be as queasy as you like. Bigotry isn't how you feel, it's how you behave.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I think that one look at Dennis Rodman assured him he had nothing to fear in coming out. LOL.

    Look, that is very insensitive. Dennis was the first transvestite in basketball, not the first gay guy. Dressing in women's clothes does not make you gay as many flannel wearing lesbians can attest to. Still, I have to agree with your point, being gay is a bit tame compared to dennis.

  6. #36
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    1.)Well genius
    2.) where do you suppose all this contempt for homosexuality comes from?
    3.)Especially the variety shared by many straight men concerning the imagery of gay men.
    4.) Don't hide from yourself
    5.), what DID you mean by your insinuation that this athlete no longer has to hide in fear from bigotry.
    6.) What is this bigotry you speak of?
    7.) Where does it come from
    8.) can you define it without rhetorical accusations?


    Tim-
    1.) oooooh somebody is angry that they got caught making stuff up and using a strawman LMAO
    2.) i could never factually answer this questions in blanket form because im not dumb enough to think that one answer applies to all.
    But here is a list of some of it:
    ignorance
    shallowness
    stupidity
    bigotry
    fear
    religion
    just to name some

    3.) many straight men have imagery of gay men? hmm i see no evidence to support this claim
    4.) nobody is hiding just laughing at your strawman and made up stories
    5.) i never insinuate any such thing at all, no where EVER did i say he doesnt have to fear bigotry any more, another mistake by you
    6.) discrimination of many forms
    7.) already did see the answer to number 2
    8.) sorry tim what i pointed out was fact, you factually made stuff up and argued a strawmen that was never mentioned by me. This fact will not change based on your feelings.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #37
    Professor
    vendur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-05-13 @ 08:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,250

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    well because of reality and facts this would never work on people educated about the NBA/basketball and you just proved to not be in that category LOL

    nobody that understands the NBA/basketball would claim him to be "talentless", on average he has more basketball talent than everybody a poster here has ever personally known
    there is no real "fall guy" when you are 34yrs old, a center, a solid bench/defensive/niche player at the end of your career, you have play 12 years and you have made over 34million dollars in NBA pay alone

    but you are free to have your opinion
    I gave no opinion, only a statement of facts. He never had any talent, like most centers in the NBA. All they are is tall, not talented, for the most part. his last several years as a backup-backup he averages more fouls than points. He's total garbage, long past his expiration date.

  8. #38
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The prime of a players career is usually speaking when you will see him at his best statistically.



    I'm sure my career is not the topic of the thread. The fact is that Dikembe Mutombo was meant to have the starting job in New Jersey, NOT Jason Collins and the only reason he even got the job was because Mutombo spent his time in New Jersey constantly injured. What he did with his chance was lackluster and like it or not there is nothing there to write home about. He was a weakness on the Nets line up, plain and simple. The dude was always a roster filler and his time in New Jersey did nothing but put that in stone.
    "I'm going to go on denigrating his NBA career because he wasn't a star and continue to insist he had no career while I detail his career in the NBA."
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #39
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    And the title of this thread should be amended to say "....not that there's anything wrong with that!"
    LOL the article title and my ad of NBA center actually took all the space available.

    but yes that would be funny
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #40
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,730

    Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    It will be nice when the rush of gay people in sports comes out. Really, most sports boil down to the completely gay male concept of trying to play grabby with your opponents balls anyway. Still, it should lead to a number of other players coming out as long as he doesn't get tebowed. There will be a backlash that will help illustrate the bigotry and hate in america more and more and show how sad and pathetic hating gays really is.
    I don't know about a rush of gay pro athletes coming out, but yeah, there has to be at least a handful in each pro sports league. Every job I've ever worked I've had at least one or two gay coworkers, and those places didn't have near as many employees as pro sports leagues do athletes. So just by the law of averages, if you have sports leagues that have at least 600 to 700+ all male athletes in each league, guaranteed there's at least a handful of gay men in each league.

    I never heard of Jason Collins before this, but good for him!

Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •