Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 699

Thread: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sports

  1. #381
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    675

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So you're arguing with my signature? Quit trying to derail this thread. Make another thread to complain about my signature.
    I have no complaints about your signature. Nor am I argueing. Simply made an observation.

  2. #382
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd View Post
    I have no complaints about your signature. Nor am I argueing. Simply made an observation.
    No complaint, yet you purposely ignored my post - which had - zero... to do with my signature to address my signature. Hahahahah. Keep at'er bud.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #383
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    675

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    No complaint, yet you purposely ignored my post - which had - zero... to do with my signature to address my signature. Hahahahah. Keep at'er bud.
    When you post something worth a response I'll do so. Have a really great day.

  4. #384
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd View Post
    When you post something worth a response I'll do so. Have a really great day.
    Lol, did you just get angry about my signature, claim you didn't get angry, and now you're leaving? You remind me of kids who get angry and ground themselves.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #385
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Oh good, you know how to read. Now let's see if you understand what you've read.... I won't hold my breath.



    Well, good thing I didAn't hold it. What I said doesn't mean that sexuality translates into social status. They are correlated. Do you know what that means? I'll give you a clue: Correlation =/= Causation. I said that they are generally far more educated, well paid etc than straight men which may be the reason as to why there is so much envy and falsehood being spread about them. Not that they are more educated, well paid etc because they're gay. See why reading comprehension is important?

    This is supported if one considers that the overwhelming majority of those opposed to homosexuality tend to be found in lower education social groups, less money etc. Protestant blacks, Social conservatives, evangelicals etc. You don't find well off conservatives rattling their sabers against gay marriage unless they're trying to sell a book.



    The only absurd thing here is that you failed to comprehend such a simple statement. No child left behind truly was a failure.



    Compensating? No. I'm arguing homophobes are seeking to bring attention for their failed lives. Not compensating for it. Compensating would mean you're actually replacing it with something of remote equivalency. However, seeking attention is definitely not equivalent to living a failed life.



    Spare me the big words buddy. You failed to comprehend a simple statement. It's too late to pretend you do now.
    Wow, more blowhard-ish nonsense wrapped in theasaurus.com.

    So if someone disagrees with the gay cause, that correlates, in your internet-intensive lifestyle, to certain evidence of an empty and failed lifestyle. What a desperately hopeless example of deductive reasoning that is.

    We can't compare investment portfolios, check stubs, and life resumes - an act which would be perfectly on par with your ridiculous argument - but I've got a pretty good idea who I'm bantering with, and leave it at we don't live in the same neighborhood or attend the same church.

    Lol. Now go ahead and make wild assumptions about church-going people. I can't wait.

  6. #386
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Wow, more blowhard-ish nonsense wrapped in theasaurus.com. So if someone disagrees with the gay cause, that correlates, in your internet-intensive lifestyle, to certain evidence of an empty and failed lifestyle. What a desperately hopeless example of deductive reasoning that is.
    You still can't comprehend what you're reading. I'm saying that if you feel gay men are chasing you, it's probably because you've grown up to believe that women are also chasing you. When in reality, it's far from the truth and nobody is chasing you. In the end, it adds up. The majority of people against gay marriage are low class, protestants. Not higher class intellectuals. So they're trying to pretend that their failure in intellectual, social circles don't exist by claiming that everyone who could be attracted to them will be attracted to them.

    We can't compare investment portfolios, check stubs, and life resumes - an act which would be perfectly on par with your ridiculous argument - but I've got a pretty good idea who I'm bantering with, and leave it at we don't live in the same neighborhood or attend the same church.

    Lol. Now go ahead and make wild assumptions about church-going people. I can't wait.
    We can't compare investment portfolios? Check stubs? What about income?

    Gay Couples More Educated, Higher-Income Than Heterosexual Couples - US News and World Report

    Among same-sex couples with both partners in the labor force, median household income is significantly higher ($94,000) than among heterosexual couples ($86,000). That's likely due to a number of factors, but education is likely one of them, says Gary Gates, a distinguished scholar at the Williams institute and the study's author. Around 46 percent of people in same-sex couples have college degrees, compared to under one-third of people in heterosexual couples. That higher level of education also likely contributes to higher incomes for same-sex households.
    Gay people earn more, owe less - Dec. 6, 2012

    Respondents not only reported significantly higher annual incomes -- $61,500 compared with the national median of $50,054 -- but they also carried about $4,000 less in debt than the average American and had $6,000 more in household savings. They were even slightly more likely to have jobs in the first place, with an unemployment rate of 7% versus the national rate of 7.9%, Prudential found.

    A combination of factors play into this, said Michele Meyer-Shipp, chief diversity officer at Prudential. To start, LGBT individuals are generally well-educated, with more than half of respondents receiving at least a bachelor's degree, and tend to live in higher-income areas, she said.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #387
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,630

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Breaking up with a babe because you can't get her to brush her teeth, or put the toilet seat down when she's done is one thing, breaking up with her after lying to her for 7 years makes him a scum bag! The distinction is worth exploring.

    Tim-
    There are many scum bags both straight and gay. That is just the way it is.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  8. #388
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Exactly like that except different in every meaningful way.

    Nobody ever killed themselves because they were afraid to post in an internet thread.
    I don't know, people kill themselves for all sorts of silly reasons and I'm not privy to all of them.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #389
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) so there will be a change based on this
    What change? What is it going to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    3.) "I" dont want it to be anything more than what i think it is and that is possible the first openly gay pro-athlete and thats awesome.
    Being first does not make one great. Someone had to be first at murder and theft too. So just being first in and of itself proves nothing, nor is it indication of ground breaking impact on a dying sport.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #390
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    1.)What change? What is it going to be?



    2.)Being first does not make one great. Someone had to be first at murder and theft too. So just being first in and of itself proves nothing, nor is it indication of ground breaking impact on a dying sport.
    1.) you already defined some of them/
    "some will make noise, others will accept, others won't care."
    "There wasn't really anything to "break" here other than random people's attitudes that being gay is icky. "

    and it will be easier for others for multiple reasons, many in the league have praised him. Him coming out and getting praise is a big deal.

    anyway now things are already changed and IF he finds a homes things will be forever changed cause he'll be the first pro-athlete in major american sports to come out.

    2.) LMAO there you go again i didnt say it "makes him great" you say you arent emotional but your post definitely suggest otherwise.
    being first is an groundbreaking in this case

    as far as impact on the sport NO, impact on the its landscape YES. because to make the landscape more gay friendly.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •