Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 699

Thread: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sports

  1. #241
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Andy View Post
    No, you're specifically arguing we are wrong about him being a crappy player and have used meaningless Wikipedia quotes to bolster your argument.

    He was a crappy player. It doesn't make him a bad guy but saying otherwise is just wrong.
    This is you not reading what the argument that was countered, the argument was that he had "no career", I said that I would be happy having a "no career" at $5M for 5 years.



    I don't think Collins did it for the money but the talk on both CNN and ESPN since he came out has been how badly it will hurt his career.

    His play hurt his career; not his sexuality. If he is re-signed it will be because a team wants to kick the tires on his PR value.
    So I guess it is to be determined whether it hurts or helps his NBA pro career.....but that was never the point for him to do it.

    You guys just keep missing the point.....on purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #242
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    10-24-13 @ 02:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    913

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    You can be a fairly unspectacular player statistically and still find a way to have a lengthy productive career if you find the right role. Yeah he's been a journeyman the past eight years or so but he deserves some credit for being able to stick around and get paid.
    Yeah but his rolls have basically been bust and bench warmer for his career.

    I think it's fine if you want to support him in coming out but why do we have to completely re-write history and pretend he was something that he wasn't?

  3. #243
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No, not only conservatives. But the vast majority complain about how the act of homosexuality is a sin, yet then masterbate to it. Just saying.
    God is a man. Therefore god lives under the delusions of all men. Hence, good suffers from the fantasy that all lesbians are hot, flirty, and just bi-curious

    I went to seminary, brah~!!!

  4. #244
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    1.)Equality? Please. It's a sport, not society. Is gay marriage all of a sudden going to become legal because of this? No.
    2.)Will anything of any real impact change because of this?
    3.)No. Nothing will really change, locker room will still be the locker room, individuals will still either accept or shun or ignore as they were going to do previously.
    4.)Owners and coaches will still take the top talent regardless of sexual preference. It's a null factor, it really is. I wouldn't be so excited about a null factor.
    1.) weird i dont remember saying gay marriage will be equal because of this. Seems like you are interested in jumping around and argue things that im not talking about LOL Weird this upsets you so much. So much aggression.

    I believe even the article says altering the landscape of SPORTS which your question was about and NOW you have tried to change it twice lol
    2.) sports landscape could definitely change
    3.) the people in those lockers rooms disagree with you
    4.) who said this would be different and why would it change lol
    5.) again you are welcome to your opinion, the gay community, many gay supporters and many people in the NBA disagree. But its all opinion, besides venting your emotions im not sure what you are trying to accomplish or at this point even argue since you were all over the place.

    Is there something specific you want me to say or agree too?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #245
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    "That faggot was a terrible player! We all knew he was a ****in' queer 'cause he spent the last 12 seasons sucking balls!", said all of the homophobes.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #246
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    "That faggot was a terrible player! We all knew he was a ****in' queer 'cause he spent the last 12 seasons sucking balls!", said all of the homophobes.
    Seems rather odd that someone would try to tie criticism of his career to homophobia without actually defending his career. Kind off highlights what Zephlin was saying about not getting re-signed

  7. #247
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    10-24-13 @ 02:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    913

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    This is you not reading what the argument that was countered, the argument was that he had "no career", I said that I would be happy having a "no career" at $5M for 5 years.
    And he had no career, as far as sports careers go.

    You're only arguing this because he's gay and you're liberal. It's foolish.

  8. #248
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) weird i dont remember saying gay marriage will be equal because of this. Seems like you are interested in jumping around and argue things that im not talking about LOL Weird this upsets you so much. So much aggression.

    I believe even the article says altering the landscape of SPORTS which your question was about and NOW you have tried to change it twice lol
    2.) sports landscape could definitely change
    3.) the people in those lockers rooms disagree with you
    4.) who said this would be different and why would it change lol
    5.) again you are welcome to your opinion, the gay community, many gay supporters and many people in the NBA disagree. But its all opinion, besides venting your emotions im not sure what you are trying to accomplish or at this point even argue since you were all over the place.

    Is there something specific you want me to say or agree too?
    The people in the locker rooms are doing exactly as I said they will. Some will make noise, others will accept, others won't care. Those fractions will change in time, regardless of this dude or not, and more and more will likely at least start to not care, others learning to accept, and we'd likely see a decline in time over those making noise. That's it.

    There was no emotion. The specific thing I'm pointing to is that while you may want this to be something ground breaking and you want it to be this monumental event; it's not. It's media hype and overplay. The landscape of sports IS NOT going to change, well not because of this one dude anyway. It will do exactly as I said above as that was the natural progression anyway. You want it to be something it's not. You're the one saying it's going to be different, that we're changing the landscape. But there will be no change in slope of the derivative function, no discontinuity in attitude or acceptance; just the standard normal trend.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #249
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Seems rather odd that someone would try to tie criticism of his career to homophobia without actually defending his career. Kind off highlights what Zephlin was saying about not getting re-signed
    Why else would someone criticize his playing career in this context?

    Who cares if he played great or he played ****ty? What the **** does it matter when the actual subject is that he is a professional athlete (a fact unaffected by the perceptions of the quality of his career) who has come out (also a fact where his statlines are irrelevant).

    The only reason to bring up his stat line in this context is to denigrate him in some way. Why would people do that in this context? Look at who is doing it and the answer becomes clear. Lo and behold, the critics of Collins who have suddenly become basketball experts have almost universally expressed some extremely homophobic comments in the past.
    Last edited by Tucker Case; 04-30-13 at 04:23 PM.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #250
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    "That faggot was a terrible player! We all knew he was a ****in' queer 'cause he spent the last 12 seasons sucking balls!", said all of the homophobes.
    he was a terrible player. the fact that he is gay is irrelevent.

    In other headline-making, earth shattering, landscape of sport altering news... NASCAR pit crew tire changer Christmas Abbott comes out and admits she is female
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •