Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 699

Thread: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sports

  1. #211
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    yeah, like only conservative dudes fap to lesbian porn
    Was that supposed to show a hypocrisy of liberals?

    FAIL.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #212
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    THAT WHAT I THOUGHT! lol

    now you are just going to resort to lying?
    my quote and your quote factually proves you wrong and no amount of dodging that fact will change anything
    Im the personality type that destroyed your argument and proved you lied

    now you are desperate, post again! its awesome.
    Okay..

    Have a nice day.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  3. #213
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    but that still wouldnt change the impact?????

    if you want to say that maybe he did this in desperation, yes that is definitely possible but that wont change its impact.
    I don't really see an impact. This isn't like Jackie Robinson, and to me all the hoopla over this makes it seem that some want to turn it into such. He's gay, who cares? Does he want a cookie? Maybe there will be some locker room brouhaha, but even that will settle down. If you're good, it's not going to matter gay or straight because teams want the W, and owners want the $. Well they all want the $ too. There wasn't really anything to "break" here other than random people's attitudes that being gay is icky.

    It's great that we live in an era where an athlete can come out and say he's gay without being lynched, but that also is not attributable to Collins. So....what's the impact? What's the ground breaking, earth shattering, we have never before seen an example of civil rights in this magnitude, impact? I'm sorry to say, but in the grand scheme of things, it's negligible.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #214
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Okay..

    Have a nice day.

    Tim-
    i will, exposing people that argue against facts some how always entertains me, thank you. You do the same Tim.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #215
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Was that supposed to show a hypocrisy of liberals?

    FAIL.
    no, it showed the stupidity of your post
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #216
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    08-04-13 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    459

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    That's not my position, my explanation, but came directly from someone from the pro-SSM side of the issue in another thread.

    Ah, then my apologies. That person (even if he or she is homosexual) is flatly mistaken.

    Lesbians certainly consider themselves "gay." If there is one or two exceptions to that, it doesn't matter.

  7. #217
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Really, you are not trying to diminish his action?

    I guess you don't realize what you are doing, I suppose it is all a misunderstanding.
    what's there to diminish? it's not like he took some huge risk by doing this.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #218
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    This should make the next draft more exciting though. Maybe the NBA is sliding him some favors under the table to gin up their ratings.

  9. #219
    Fourum Addmean
    shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the sodomizers
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    He can play, as long as a straight guy gets to star on Ru Paul's Drag Race.
    Either I'm right or you're wrong.

  10. #220
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    what's there to diminish? it's not like he took some huge risk by doing this.
    What I find odd with the people honoring this mans brave announcement is the seemingly total disregard for the character that he must be to date a women for 7 years only to ditch her hopes and dreams for the spotlight of gay-come-outism.

    Collins' ex-fiancee stunned by gay revelation - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN

    Now, although he may be brave for coming out, what about what he did to this unsuspecting woman that loved him? Wouldn't it be more noble to NOT lead women on? Why enter a long-term relationship, show no signs of being gay, only to drop a major bomb on this poor girl.

    Sounds like more of a loser to me than some gay hero.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •