Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 699

Thread: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sports

  1. #201
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    08-04-13 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    459

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    But, but, in another thread we're told that gay applies to dudes only and with women it's lesbians. That's why it's LGBT and not GBT.
    Ask any lesbian if she considers herself gay, and whether the word "gay" is appropriate.

    Ask a whole bunch of them.

    And then after every one of them, without exception, answers in the affirmative (even while considering it a stupid question, no doubt), you can come back here and admit you were factually mistaken. And no harm done!

  2. #202
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    never claimed it was otherwise. My only arguement with him is over the timing of his coming out. just seems like a guy at the end of a very lack-luster career trying to get a little noteriety and perhaps keep the paychecks coming for another year or two.
    There you go again, if a guy isn't a superstar and said superstar does not come out at the height of his spectacular career, then his announcement means nothing....and he is just doing it for the money.

    MEME.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #203
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well you might be right there. I refer to gays as homosexuals, but that's just me. Either way I still think its funny that conservatives complain about how acting on homosexuality is such a sin, but they have no problem masterbating to lesbians. Just saying.
    yeah, like only conservative dudes fap to lesbian porn
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #204
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    There you go again, if a guy isn't a superstar and said superstar does not come out at the height of his spectacular career, then his announcement means nothing....and he is just doing it for the money.

    MEME.

    there you go again. I never said it meant nothing.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #205
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    I've already proved you wrong, and your embarrassed, I get it. You're just pontificating, frankly, and it's sad. I wonder what personality type you fit into?


    Tim-
    THAT WHAT I THOUGHT! lol

    now you are just going to resort to lying?
    my quote and your quote factually proves you wrong and no amount of dodging that fact will change anything
    Im the personality type that destroyed your argument and proved you lied

    now you are desperate, post again! its awesome.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #206
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It could also just be publicity by a mediocre player to try to bring attention and bargaining position to the negotiation table.
    but that still wouldnt change the impact?????

    if you want to say that maybe he did this in desperation, yes that is definitely possible (logical doubtful) but possible

    but that wont change its impact, isnt that what we are discussing? .
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #207
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well you might be right there. I refer to gays as homosexuals, but that's just me. Either way I still think its funny that conservatives complain about how acting on homosexuality is such a sin, but they have no problem masterbating to lesbians. Just saying.
    I agree with you but also note that people can do what they know is wrong and still know it's wrong. Just because people sin doesn't negate that it is a sin (in those people's minds).

  8. #208
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    there you go again. I never said it meant nothing.
    Really, you are not trying to diminish his action?

    I guess you don't realize what you are doing, I suppose it is all a misunderstanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #209
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucker View Post
    Ask any lesbian if she considers herself gay, and whether the word "gay" is appropriate.

    Ask a whole bunch of them.

    And then after every one of them, without exception, answers in the affirmative (even while considering it a stupid question, no doubt), you can come back here and admit you were factually mistaken. And no harm done!
    That's not my position, my explanation, but came directly from someone from the pro-SSM side of the issue in another thread.

  10. #210
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,693

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    yeah, like only conservative dudes fap to lesbian porn
    One would look a little less conflicted doing so, than the other.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •