Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 699

Thread: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sports

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Uh, already stated, the broader acceptance of homosexuality in society.
    Yeah, I have never seen a civil rights movement that doesn't have a certain amount of coercion that goes along with it.


    I got that the first time you said it, you are in favor of discrimination based on sexual orientation.
    My statement has nothing to do with my personal feelings towards it. It has to do with the rights of the parties involved.

    Indeed, it does and as I said, it explains a lot of other things.
    Anyone that would describe libertarians as socially liberal really don't understand that it calls for. That is all I will say on that.

  2. #102
    Professor
    vendur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-05-13 @ 08:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,250

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So you have not shown how his stats are significant or relevant to his coming out.

    As I said before, you guys have this need to denigrate a person to make their actions insignificant.
    Hint: Lots of people are talking about this on the national level, it all contributes to acceptance and the ending of discrimination.

    Go ahead, keep resisting...."libertarian".

    1. he sucks horribly as a player, even below average for a backups-backup
    2. He's incredibly old for a BBall player t center
    3. Because of 1 and 2, he had pretty much zero chance of continuing his career in the NBA
    4. He is not currently a BBal player for any team.
    5. Due to 3 and 4, the main premise of an NBA player coming out and "changing the lanscape of sports" is complete bull**** cooked up by liars and morons pushing an agenda.
    6. due to 5, his coming out is as relevant as the massive turd I just plopped in the toilet 15 minutes ago-- about as odorrific as well.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yeah, I have never seen a civil rights movement that doesn't have a certain amount of coercion that goes along with it.
    FFS..Collins coming out....is "coercion"




    My statement has nothing to do with my personal feelings towards it. It has to do with the rights of the parties involved.
    I don't think that is true, I believe your personal feeling are directly reflected when you favor sexual orientation discrimination in hiring, an illegal activity.



    Anyone that would describe libertarians as socially liberal really don't understand that it calls for. That is all I will say on that.
    Oh, no, I understand that this is a classic contradiction within libertarian ideology, a conflict between a business and personal rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #104
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,271

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Does this mean whatever team he's on will be afraid to fire him even though he sucks? At B'ball, that is.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by vendur View Post
    1. he sucks horribly as a player, even below average for a backups-backup
    2. He's incredibly old for a BBall player t center
    3. Because of 1 and 2, he had pretty much zero chance of continuing his career in the NBA
    4. He is not currently a BBal player for any team.
    5. Due to 3 and 4, the main premise of an NBA player coming out and "changing the lanscape of sports" is complete bull**** cooked up by liars and morons pushing an agenda.
    6. due to 5, his coming out is as relevant as the massive turd I just plopped in the toilet 15 minutes ago-- about as odorrific as well.
    As opposed to morons using scatology for argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #106
    Professor
    vendur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-05-13 @ 08:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,250

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Does this mean whatever team he's one will be afraid to fire him even though he sucks? At B'ball, that is.
    I've got a funny feeling he either just wanted his 15 minutes of fame he never got as a garbage, bit player in the NBA or he is hoping there is some gy-friendly city with a BBall team he is hoping will pay him the league minimum for a few years for good PR.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    As opposed to morons using scatology for argument.
    Don't judge me with your close minded bigotry!

  7. #107
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    That's exactly what I'm saying. Bigotry = intolerance of those with whom you disagree. Tolerate them, and you are not a bigot.
    Bigotry is NOT intolerance. Bigotry is holding a prejudice against something for reasons that are otherwise factually untrue. Or in context, holding an opinion about someone or something despite evidence to the contrary. You might try looking it up.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  8. #108
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,271

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by vendur View Post
    I've got a funny feeling he either just wanted his 15 minutes of fame he never got as a garbage, bit player in the NBA or he is hoping there is some gy-friendly city with a BBall team he is hoping will pay him the league minimum for a few years for good PR.
    Or sports reporter on the Moaning Joe show.

  9. #109
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,608

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Long career and long "productive" career aren't the same thing, obviously.
    given how many people try to make it to the pros, and given what the average American will earn in a lifetime, I pretty much can say, without any doubt, this man has had a productive career and has earned more than 99% of all people his age so far. whether his self outing will hurt him or help him remains to be seen. There have been other sports stars where it was an open secret that they were gay. The Book BALL FOUR explored that though didn't name names. It was rumored for years that perhaps the greatest catcher in ML history-Johnny Bench-was gay and in Cincinnati, that rumor has been around for almost 40 years and was fueled by people I know swearing it was true including a guy who owned a pizza joint who swore Bench used to hit on one of his waiters.

    who knows, hasn't really hurt Bench's status in this town



  10. #110
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) wrong i just factually point some out that you made in your post
    2.) again no need to be upset cause you got caught making stuff and posting strawman, move on cause these facts wont change.
    3.) no i never said this EVER, not one time
    4.) no you didnt because it was never said LMAO but please make up more stuff
    5.) and there nothing logical to that ASSUMPTION you made up because in the conext i used it NOTHING even hints to that definition LMAO
    6.) why are WHO bigots, i havent called anybody specifically a bigot LMAO
    7.) yes it is because the things you are climing to be said were never said, that is infact a straw man just like your other post

    strawman
    : a weak or imaginary opposition (as an argument or adversary) set up only to be easily confuted
    Strawman - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    strawman
    2. a weak or sham argument set up to be easily refuted
    Strawman | Define Strawman at Dictionary.com

    by definition they were in fact strawman because i never said them and you made them up, YOU set them up
    Hicup said
    But seriously who cares
    To which you replied -
    his teammates, his bosses, his friends, his family, president of his league, former president Clinton and i would say everybody that supports equality and wishes people didnt have to live in fear of bigotry.
    thats just off the top of my head
    So sparky, wanna take a stab at that whole strawman thingy, again?

    So again I ask, what is a bigot, and why would he be living in fear of it?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •