Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Officials found guilty in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Officials found guilty in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    If the GOP has their way with their redrawing of district lines and other gerrymandering efforts coupled with making it harder for democrat type people to vote, it may not matter if there is a democrat on the ticket or not.
    Gerrymandering isn't just a GOP thing.

    Illinois's 4th district takes two separate Hispanic neighborhoods and lumps them together via a stretch of road, the district boundary is literally no wider than the road itself



    And Republicans



    By dividing the city of Austin between three separate districts they can ensure that the democratic voters of Austin can't elect a democratic congressman in any of them.

  2. #12
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Officials found guilty in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    It seems like this kind of stuff is becoming common place with a certain political party, but does the main stream news media give a damn?




    Officials found guilty in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud | Fox News
    Since this is a local story and what these officials didnt affect anything (they would have gotten the required signatures), I don't see why the national press would get involved.


  3. #13
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,125
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Officials found guilty in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Since this is a local story and what these officials didnt affect anything (they would have gotten the required signatures), I don't see why the national press would get involved.
    Of course not Pete... Their actions put both Obama and Clinton on the state ballot for the 2008 presidential election... Nothing "national" about that.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Officials found guilty in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    It wouldn't have affected the outcome, Clinton won Indiana
    A political scandal happening during the election and involving the Democratic Party wouldn't have affected the outcome?

    How can you be so sure?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #15
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Officials found guilty in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Of course not Pete... Their actions put both Obama and Clinton on the state ballot for the 2008 presidential election... Nothing "national" about that.
    Are you really saying that 100-200 signatures between them is what put them over the top? REALLY?


  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Officials found guilty in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    A political scandal happening during the election and involving the Democratic Party wouldn't have affected the outcome?

    How can you be so sure?
    I'm not even sure it would have been a scandal, it was during a primary so its not like any Republican interests were involved, plus if neither qualified for the ballot it probably would have been more scandalous to offer voters a ballot with just a write-in slot and no names, Illinois has an open primary so its not just democrats voting. Plus this was a forgery to get people on a ballot it wasn't cheating on the actual votes. And lastly considering all the normal "voter fraud" stories and "scandals" that appear during an election and are used by both sides, I don't think this one would have been used because its not as scandalous as the other stories.

    Not to say what they did wasnt wrong but I dont see it being a game changer

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Of course not Pete... Their actions put both Obama and Clinton on the state ballot for the 2008 presidential election... Nothing "national" about that.
    No it was the primary not the actual presidential election

  7. #17
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,437

    Re: Officials found guilty in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud

    The point is that for every one they know about there are far more that have gotten away with it.

    I had Heard all through the 2012 election that election fraud didn't exist so there was no reason to do anything about it.

    It looks like it does exist.

  8. #18
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,125
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Officials found guilty in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Are you really saying that 100-200 signatures between them is what put them over the top? REALLY?
    I said nothing of the kind... You claimed this was nothing but a local story, and I refuted that.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Officials found guilty in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I'm not even sure it would have been a scandal, it was during a primary so its not like any Republican interests were involved, plus if neither qualified for the ballot it probably would have been more scandalous to offer voters a ballot with just a write-in slot and no names, Illinois has an open primary so its not just democrats voting. Plus this was a forgery to get people on a ballot it wasn't cheating on the actual votes. And lastly considering all the normal "voter fraud" stories and "scandals" that appear during an election and are used by both sides, I don't think this one would have been used because its not as scandalous as the other stories.

    Not to say what they did wasnt wrong but I dont see it being a game changer



    No it was the primary not the actual presidential election
    There's no way to know now, of course, but I still see this being blown up into something much bigger than it was, incriminating by association the Democratic Party and its presidential nominee, perhaps with a slick ad campaign calling into question whether Obama was even legitimately on the ballot at all. None of that has to be real, you understand, just ammunition to use in the mud slinging campaigns that presidential elections have come to be.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •