Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: U.S. Opens Spigot After Farmers Claim Discrimination

  1. #11
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: U.S. Opens Spigot After Farmers Claim Discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    I guess the sequester doesn't apply to pet projects. Assholes.
    No, of course not. It only applies to whatever is most highly visible and to the cuts that cause the most inconvenience for the public at large. If they just cut Congressman K. Rupt's favorite pork project, most of us would cheer them on. They have to make sure everyone knows just how essential all the spending really is, even if most of us know that it really isn't.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: U.S. Opens Spigot After Farmers Claim Discrimination


  3. #13
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,572
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: U.S. Opens Spigot After Farmers Claim Discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    I frequently see accusations here that "The MSM" are lap-dogs of the White House.

    So, how did this happen? Not that anybody will care or do anything about it but still....are the MSM changing sides?
    They are losing readers and advertizing dollars at least in part because of their loss of credibility. They'd like to get their credibility back, but it will take a lot more than one or two stories critical of racial spoils programs.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. Opens Spigot After Farmers Claim Discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    I've been as quick to defend Obama as to attack him. After all, he was my choice in 2008. But he's been a disappointment in many areas and this is just insulting.

    Dammit. If the Republicans would only choose a decent candidate(s), and get off the abortion and SSM horse (both about as appealing as gun control - not very) even I will vote for one.

    I can't wait to see the defenders rise up to tell us it's all a lie. This will tell us exactly who the hopelessly partisan are.

    At best, this is either dishonest or incompetence. Even the Democrats are going to hide in the sand on this one. Well, most of them anyway.

    I guess the sequester doesn't apply to pet projects. Assholes.
    I admire people who can admit they were wrong. Many anti Americans who supported Communism fell silent after the Wall fell but there was also those who said they were seriously mistaken about Communism.

    It takes some guts to publicly say we were fooled, as well as an adult attitude.

  5. #15
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: U.S. Opens Spigot After Farmers Claim Discrimination

    This is my chief complain with the current administration. Too many programs. Too many competing agencies. Thus, agencies run amok(ish) such as BATFE causing embarrassment. They ned to spend more time "administrating" and less time self-publicizing.

    Yes, this happens under every Administration. Look what the FBI did to us under Clinton and Bush. For those who have forgotten, the FBI knew that some very strange flying lessons were being paid for but they did not much about it.

    I've always hear both sides insist that the SSM is supporting th opposition. Obviously, that's impossible. So, I don't take their musings as being absolute fact but I don't find them all that committed to anything but trying to sell the "news" they spend all that money gathering and delivering.



    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    It's usually the same suspects on both sides of the isle, as well. attempting to argue about things like the definition of "farmer", accusations of just hating black people, and obvious misreadings about your support for letting children starve. It wouldn't be so bad if those assholes didn't ruin most of the interesting discussions here
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    No, of course not. It only applies to whatever is most highly visible and to the cuts that cause the most inconvenience for the public at large. If they just cut Congressman K. Rupt's favorite pork project, most of us would cheer them on. They have to make sure everyone knows just how essential all the spending really is, even if most of us know that it really isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    They are losing readers and advertizing dollars at least in part because of their loss of credibility. They'd like to get their credibility back, but it will take a lot more than one or two stories critical of racial spoils programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I admire people who can admit they were wrong. Many anti Americans who supported Communism fell silent after the Wall fell but there was also those who said they were seriously mistaken about Communism.

    It takes some guts to publicly say we were fooled, as well as an adult attitude.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. Opens Spigot After Farmers Claim Discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    This is my chief complain with the current administration. Too many programs. Too many competing agencies. Thus, agencies run amok(ish) such as BATFE causing embarrassment. They ned to spend more time "administrating" and less time self-publicizing.

    Yes, this happens under every Administration. Look what the FBI did to us under Clinton and Bush. For those who have forgotten, the FBI knew that some very strange flying lessons were being paid for but they did not much about it.

    I've always hear both sides insist that the SSM is supporting th opposition. Obviously, that's impossible. So, I don't take their musings as being absolute fact but I don't find them all that committed to anything but trying to sell the "news" they spend all that money gathering and delivering.
    Here's another crony capitalism story that can be linked to this threads example of waste and corruption, perhaps, but is also not receiving much publicity.

    Strassel: Nearly Sideswiped by Another Green Car - WSJ.com

  7. #17
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: U.S. Opens Spigot After Farmers Claim Discrimination

    Just the tip of the iceberg really. It seems that our politicians are really dedicated to creating indirect personal gains for themselves and their chose ones. My friend calls this "collusive-capitalism) and that sums it up pretty well.

    This isn't new although I think© that the rise in corruption really exploded under the Bush II admninistration and we entered an era where corruption became blatant. Obama, to my disappoinrment, has done little if anything to turn this around. It may be so far out of control that nothing will ever be done.

    Reading my previous post, I see I put SSM instead of MSM. Alphabet soup.



    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Here's another crony capitalism story that can be linked to this threads example of waste and corruption, perhaps, but is also not receiving much publicity.

    Strassel: Nearly Sideswiped by Another Green Car - WSJ.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •