Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 333

Thread: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    09-02-13 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,208

    re: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You get what you give.
    Indeed, I assume you were trying to make an argument but my witty retort left you wanting for words. Go ahead, please say whatever it is that you were gonna say, I'm truly interested.

  2. #242
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    re: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I thought this thread was about Syria?
    Well you did make it about the world dont you remember saying this? "What in this world is ever 100%....You may as well say never."



    So you are pro Assad?
    No i am not i am however viewing this as what can and most likely will happen when Assad falls.


    Didn't say that, that's your straw-dog.
    "We'd have to take a look at a case by case analysis of what you are asking here, I would venture some yes, some no...We are human after all. "


  3. #243
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    re: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    Indeed, I assume you were trying to make an argument but my witty retort left you wanting for words. Go ahead, please say whatever it is that you were gonna say, I'm truly interested.
    Don't flatter yourself...There was nothing witty there.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    09-02-13 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,208

    re: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Don't flatter yourself...There was nothing witty there.
    Very well. What would have been an acceptable answer to your question then?

  5. #245
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    re: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Well you did make it about the world dont you remember saying this? "What in this world is ever 100%....You may as well say never."
    So now you are going to start taking figures of speech like "what in the world....." literally? You do realize that is usually the end of rational discussion right?

    No i am not i am however viewing this as what can and most likely will happen when Assad falls.
    How many will have to die to wait and see if we can prove this 100% to your liking? 100K, 200K, 500K or more? And in attempting to prove something 100% for you to get on board, who says Assad will fall? What is your percentage of certainty on that?

    "We'd have to take a look at a case by case analysis of what you are asking here, I would venture some yes, some no...We are human after all. "
    Yep, that's what I said...Ah well, too tired for games, so I'll end it here for now....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #246
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    re: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    Very well. What would have been an acceptable answer to your question then?

    Instead of trying to be snarky with one liners, just try and have a conversation.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #247
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    re: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So now you are going to start taking figures of speech like "what in the world....." literally? You do realize that is usually the end of rational discussion right?

    If you havent noticed many things in the world and in Syria are 100% sure of.


    How many will have to die to wait and see if we can prove this 100% to your liking? 100K, 200K, 500K or more? And in attempting to prove something 100% for you to get on board, who says Assad will fall? What is your percentage of certainty on that?
    See here is the deal its a damn shame that this amount of people are dying. I would love to see Assad fall and see a democratic secular government be put into power via a peaceful process. But this will probably not happen, i dont believe the US is the police man of the world and i dont think the US should get involved in a largely sectarian civil war.



    Yep, that's what I said...Ah well, too tired for games, so I'll end it here for now....
    Alrighty..


  8. #248
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    09-02-13 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,208

    re: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Instead of trying to be snarky with one liners, just try and have a conversation.
    I was, you didn't like my answer so I'm simply asking what kind of answer would be acceptable. The one I gave is obviously not the one you were looking for.

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What would you say of a man that hides behind women and children?
    Well, they did report on the Syrian Rebels using children and school buses to commence attacks? What do you think of those that run around and massacre people just because they are Christian or some other religion? Or that will use children and women to engage into battle with their enemy?

    Course while some think it is cowardly. Others have asked.....are there any rules when it comes to war. Especially when it is their own country.

  10. #250
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    re: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I wondered when this silliness would pop up.

    It didn't work out well with Iraq, so I would avoid this imperialistic notion of invading countries.
    What's the matter, can't you read? He just said he didn't want boots on the ground.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •