Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 333

Thread: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

  1. #221
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    re: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Not saying its similar im saying invading on those grounds is not a smart move.
    So Obama made a very stupid play....Got it...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #222
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    re: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Then what are you talking about? You guys were talking earlier in the thread about how "Obama won't back up his tough words...that's why nobody takes us seriously."

    So how do you want him to back it up if not with force?
    I already laid this out earlier in the thread....please go back and re read it.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    09-02-13 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,208

    re: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm purdy sure that's NOT what they told their soldiers, in Afghanistan.
    Sure they did. Soviet troops were routinely indoctrinated with political propaganda just as American troops are.

    Much like American troops are often told they are fighting for "freedom," Soviet troops were told that they were fighting for the worldwide communist revolution -- which they associated with freedom as well.

  4. #224
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    re: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So Obama made a very stupid play....Got it...
    We will have to find out.. If chemical weapons were actually used..


  5. #225
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    re: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Let's see... the contention seems to be that Iraq must have had WMD, because we said so. When we invaded, we didn't find any. Therefore, he must have sent them to Syria to get rid of them.

    In other words, faced with an invasion by the biggest military on the planet, he sent his most devastating weapons to a neighboring nation to get rid of them.

    Somehow, I just don't see the logic of all that.
    NO, that wasn't the 'contention'. Nor was it some kook theory..It was a fact that we noted convoy's crossing into Syria days before the invasion. It is a fact that flights departing Iraq, and landing in Damascus...It is a fact that a top General in Saddam's army testifies that NBC tech, and weaponry were moved pre war to Syria.

    There is plenty of logic there Ditto for those not blinded by their hatred of the administration of the time.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    09-02-13 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,208

    re: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Innumeracy and cowardice in one post. Nice work.
    It's easy to be brave with other peoples lives.

    I was always amused hearing people talk about how "cowardly" the enemy was for using IED's. I wonder how many of them would have went up against a 15 deep convoy of uparmored trucks carrying 50 cals, grenade launchers, and other automatic weapons -- armed with nothing but their Soviet era rifles.

    No, we were "bravely" patrolling the streets with the comfort of our total air superiority. Our advantage is/was overwhelming in every way, to the point where it's silly to even try to make a comparison. So excuse me when I laugh at people who talk about how brave soldiers are for going to Iraq or Afghanistan, and how cowardly the enemy is. I see things clearly, free from the chains of bull**** propaganda. I have no vested interest either way, I'm not Muslim and I have no kind of ties to anywhere in that region. I'm just not a total brainwashed tool like some of the people who actually believe that they were "fighting for freedom."

  7. #227
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    re: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    We will have to find out.. If chemical weapons were actually used..
    So essentially then your words are meaningless, because Assad is refusing inspection teams from the UN, and denying the use. So, I guess Assad has his answer from those on the political left in the world like your self DS, and that is, for Assad to kill at will, we will do nothing.

    Do us a favor then, and don't ever tell us how you think one life is worth it, it clearly means nothing.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #228
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    re: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    It's easy to be brave with other peoples lives.

    I was always amused hearing people talk about how "cowardly" the enemy was for using IED's. I wonder how many of them would have went up against a 15 deep convoy of uparmored trucks carrying 50 cals, grenade launchers, and other automatic weapons -- armed with nothing but their Soviet era rifles.

    No, we were "bravely" patrolling the streets with the comfort of our total air superiority. Our advantage is/was overwhelming in every way, to the point where it's silly to even try to make a comparison. So excuse me when I laugh at people who talk about how brave soldiers are for going to Iraq or Afghanistan, and how cowardly the enemy is. I see things clearly, free from the chains of bull**** propaganda. I have no vested interest either way, I'm not Muslim and I have no kind of ties to anywhere in that region. I'm just not a total brainwashed tool like some of the people who actually believe that they were "fighting for freedom."
    What would you say of a man that hides behind women and children?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #229
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    re: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So essentially then your words are meaningless, because Assad is refusing inspection teams from the UN, and denying the use.
    There are still other means to confirm this via intelligence teams. Thats how we found out that he may of used them in the first place.

    So, I guess Assad has his answer from those on the political left in the world like your self DS, and that is, for Assad to kill at will, we will do nothing.
    No my response is its not anyone's job to get involved in a sectarian civil war.

    Do us a favor then, and don't ever tell us how you think one life is worth it, it clearly means nothing.


  10. #230
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    re: US suspects Syria used chemical weapons [W:284]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    There are still other means to confirm this via intelligence teams. Thats how we found out that he may of used them in the first place.
    British, French, and Israel, including our own Jon Kerry are saying that there is about a 95% certainty....

    No my response is its not anyone's job to get involved in a sectarian civil war.
    Well, you should change your response to "America"....Russia, and Iran are already involved. Obama is just standing on the sidelines watching the massacre.

    Ahem....70,000 dead right now, estimated 100,000 dead by August, and some 500K refuge's....Keep rollin' those eyes.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •