Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 443

Thread: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

  1. #81
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    1.)You made no points
    2.), not only that but you changed my post
    3.) then went ahead and spelled "you're" wrong.
    4.)I DON'T CARE, I don't care what the **** people do -
    5.)yet you call yourself a libertarian and have a difficult time understanding that idea???
    6.)There is no such thing as EQUALITY.... Your argument here would apply to just about anything..
    7.)Why should the doctor who works 50 hours a week make more than the dummy who works 50 hours a week scrubbing his toilets??? They both work the same hours so why should one get more than the other??

    Civil unions/gay marriage are a TENTH AMENDMENT ISSUE - EVERY LIBERTARIAN KNOWS THIS...
    1.) i didnt have to because you didnt either LMAO i just pointed how how the things you said didnt matter to facts and reality
    2.) no i only numbered it
    3.) oh on what will i ever do
    4.) LMAO easy on the temper tantrum before you break your keyboard
    5.) wow, you are so emotionally out there i don even think you know who you are talking too, you certainly dont know what you are talking about. Can you point out where i said im a libertarian?
    6.) wait wait wait, so i have an argument now? i thought you said i made no points? jeez you are confused. Does gay rights always make you this angry or is that just who you are and angry person?
    7.) LMAO where do you come up with this stuff , can you point out where i said they should? or who even where i mentioned doctors and scrubbing toilets?
    you like to just make stuff up and go on random meaningless rants don't you?
    8.) thanks for this opinion

    let mw know when you figure out what you are actually arguing about and who you are talking to LMAO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #82
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Frankly, I agree with the African Americans on this one.

    The LGBT movement has gone out of its way to make a mountain out of a mole hill with regards to the whole same sex marriage issue from the very beginning. I can understand wanting equal rights, but trying to compare the trivial inconvenience of not being able to technically call an already de facto civil and domestic union "marriage" with the very real horrors of the Segregation, or (God forbid) slavery, is insulting and tasteless in the extreme.

    Homosexuals are not being lynched by the thousands each year. Homosexuals are not being rounded up on trumped up charges and being forced to work like slaves on chain gangs. Homosexuals are not having their opportunity to succeed in everyday life hampered by Jim Crow Laws. Homosexuals were not treated as human property for 400 years and often worked to death in harsh environment of plantation agriculture.

    I'm sorry, but there really simply isn't any valid grounds for comparison here between the plight of the two minority groups in question. African Americans have every right to be offended that so many pundits in the MSM attempt to frame the issue as such.

    Homosexuals make up all of 2-4% of the population in any given nation. A lot of people on the political and cultural Left need to take a step back and try to gain at least some degree of perspective here to say the least.
    Comparing two things does not necessarily equate to putting those two things on equal footing.

    The whole "call it union, but not marriage" argument does seem familiar to "separate, but equal", but, that does not mean the two are necessarily equal.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    Comparing two things does not necessarily equate to putting those two things on equal footing.

    The whole "call it union, but not marriage" argument does seem familiar to "separate, but equal", but, that does not mean the two are necessarily equal.
    The simple fact of the matter is that it is a deliberately dishonest tactic meant to draw false emotional comparisons between two issues which barely have anything to do with one another.

    The overall goal of the LGBT lobby in doing all of this isn't to gain "equal rights." It never has been. The goal is to force the idea that homosexuality is "normal" down society's collective throat.

    I'm sorry, but I simply don't see society as having any such obligation. I'll grant homosexuals equal rights, but that doesn't mean that I'll change my whole belief system for them.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 04-26-13 at 09:29 PM.

  4. #84
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    Comparing two things does not necessarily equate to putting those two things on equal footing.

    The whole "call it union, but not marriage" argument does seem familiar to "separate, but equal", but, that does not mean the two are necessarily equal.
    the civil union argument/domestic partnership is always a failed argument for multiple reasons.

    1.) separate but equal is still discrimination
    2.) both civil unions and domestic partnerships are not equal to marriage legally and rights wise

    so anybody using this failed argument simply inst educated on the issues at hand.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #85
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    1.)The simple fact of the matter is that it is a deliberately dishonest tactic meant to draw false emotional comparisons between two issues which barely have anything to do with one another.

    The overall goal of the LGBT lobby in doing all of this isn't "equal rights." It never has been. The goal is to force the idea that homosexuality is "normal" down society's collective throat.

    I'm sorry, but I simply don't see society as having any such obligation. I'll grant homosexuals equal rights, but that doesn't mean that I'll change my whole belief system for them.
    1.) nope just your opinion, not a FACT
    nothing dishonest about comparing discrimination and equal rights to discrimination and equal rights :shrug

    2.) thanks for that opinion do you have anything to support that? not to mention how can they force it down you throat?
    correct me if im wrong arent there people out there that still think minorities and women arent equal? guess they have throat blockers. That is not what the LGBT lobby is doing sorry you are wrong.

    3.) lol thanks for just contradicting yourself, i thought you were going to be forced? the people that are vocal around here all seem to say they dont care what people think/feel but they just want equality, guess they are just kidding.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #86
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    The simple fact of the matter is that it is a deliberately dishonest tactic meant to draw false emotional comparisons between two issues which barely have anything to do with one another.

    The overall goal of the LGBT lobby in doing all of this isn't to gain "equal rights." It never has been. The goal is to force the idea that homosexuality is "normal" down society's collective throat.

    I'm sorry, but I simply don't see society as having any such obligation. I'll grant homosexuals equal rights, but that doesn't mean that I'll change my whole belief system for them.
    It is about equality. "You can have a civil union, but not marriage" is not equal by the very nature of it.

  7. #87
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    None of it matters. The homosexuals will NEVER be happy. They loathe themselves and each other. That is part of the pathology that no one is allowed to talk about.

  8. #88
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    None of it matters. The homosexuals will NEVER be happy. They loathe themselves and each other. That is part of the pathology that no one is allowed to talk about.
    It would be one thing, if any of that was remotely true.

    Stop making things up.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    It is about equality. "You can have a civil union, but not marriage" is not equal by the very nature of it.
    If civil unions grant the same rights as marriages, what does it matter?

    Seems awfully superficial and petty to me.

  10. #90
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    If civil unions grant the same rights as marriages, what does it matter?

    Seems awfully superficial and petty to me.
    But, civil unions DON'T grant the same rights as marriages.

Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •