Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 443

Thread: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

  1. #61
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    I wonder when equal gay rights becomes a reality here in the US if we will have bigots and morons actually doing violent protesting?

    I dont think theres enough people to be that stupid. Not saying we dont have our share of stupid people but i dont think they would be that stupid to "riot" against equal rights
    Different environment here in the US. Once you riot here, unlike France, your cause actually starts losing support.

  2. #62
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    My understanding was that the blacks were opposed to the homosexuals comparing their equal rights and homosexual marriage agenda to the black's historical struggle for civil rights. Yet the homosexual posts on this thread would seem to indicate that homosexuals believe that they are one and the same. Or they don't care what blacks say. Or something.

    Hopefully someone will shed some light on this troubling inconsistency.
    Last edited by Ray410; 04-26-13 at 05:01 PM.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    My understanding was that the blacks were opposed to the homosexuals comparing their equal rights and homosexual marriage agenda to the black's historical struggle for civil rights. Yet the homosexual posts on this thread would seem to indicate that homosexuals believe that they are one and the same. Or they don't care what blacks say. Or something.

    Hopefully someone will shed some light on this troubling inconsistency.
    The majority of Black people, the Religious Left, are against same sex marriage.

  4. #64
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The majority of Black people, the Religious Left, are against same sex marriage.
    link please?
    didnt someone just post in on of these threads that 60% of blacks and latinos support SSM, 80% of jewish americans and 51% of white americans?
    cant remember the numbers exactly but i thought it was pretty close to that.

    dont remember seeing any pools on religious left
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    "Some protesters opposed to the measure legalizing same-sex marriage hurled glass bottles, cans and metal bars, and riot police responded with tear gas at the Invalides memorial and museum complex, near the National Assembly." (French protest against gay marriage turns violent)

    So people are really just pissed that they didn't get their way and are now throwing a giant tantrum. Real mature
    Isn't that the reasoning behind every riot?

    I'd wish they would do this in California over prop 8, not because of gay marriage/civil unions but over the circumvention of the Tenth Amendment and the overall slap in the face to democracy.

  6. #66
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    link please?
    didnt someone just post in on of these threads that 60% of blacks and latinos support SSM, 80% of jewish americans and 51% of white americans?
    cant remember the numbers exactly but i thought it was pretty close to that.

    dont remember seeing any pools on religious left
    And while the usual suspects continue to favor gay marriage — young people and non-religious people — exit polls show the most important shifts in support among two key communities: African Americans and Hispanics.
    Black voters, in particular, have been slow to embrace gay marriage, even as the vast majority vote Democratic and the rest of the party has embraced gay marriage. On Tuesday, though, they played a major role in passing Maryland’s new gay marriage law.

    Maryland is heavily Democratic, which made it a likely candidate to be one of the first states to vote for gay marriage. But the state is also heavily African-American (29 percent) and has a significant Latino population (8 percent), which made passage something less than certain.
    When California voted for a gay marriage ban in 2008, 70 percent of African Americans voted for it, and when North Carolina overwhelmingly passed a similar measure earlier this year, many cited the black vote as a big reason. (Shortly after the ban passed in North Carolina, President Obama came out in favor of gay marriage.)
    On Tuesday in Maryland, though, 46 percent of African Americans supported gay marriage. And according to national exit polls, 52 percent of both black and Latino voters who turned out Tuesday said they support gay marriage in their states.
    (The largest shift came from black women, of which 59 percent now support gay marriage, compared to 42 percent of black men — a huge gender gap.)
    That’s a big turnaround from recent years. In 2008 and 2009, a Pew Research Center survey showed just 28 percent of African Americans and 39 percent of Latinos backed gay marriage. And by 2010, support in those communities was rising slower than it was among whites.

    African Americans and Latinos spur gay marriage revolution

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The majority of Black people, the Religious Left, are against same sex marriage.
    The majority of minorities are generally social conservatives, they're just progressive when it comes to free handouts via government.

  8. #68
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    By now, most news organizations and the Twitter world are debating whether President Obama's endorsement of gay marriage will turn off African-Americans — his most loyal supporters.

    It's a legitimate question because blacks, compared with other groups that make up the Democratic political base, have been the most resistant to an expansion of gay rights.

    Citing deeply held religious objections to homosexuality, African-Americans, many of whom are evangelical Christians, have consistently voted for state bans on gay marriage, most recently in North Carolina on Tuesday. Blacks were credited with (or blamed for) providing the winning margin for the California ban passed in 2008 (which the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled unconstitutional).

    Black Voters Likely To Stick With Obama Despite Gay Marriage Stance : It's All Politics : NPR

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    And while the usual suspects continue to favor gay marriage — young people and non-religious people — exit polls show the most important shifts in support among two key communities: African Americans and Hispanics.
    Black voters, in particular, have been slow to embrace gay marriage, even as the vast majority vote Democratic and the rest of the party has embraced gay marriage. On Tuesday, though, they played a major role in passing Maryland’s new gay marriage law.

    Maryland is heavily Democratic, which made it a likely candidate to be one of the first states to vote for gay marriage. But the state is also heavily African-American (29 percent) and has a significant Latino population (8 percent), which made passage something less than certain.
    When California voted for a gay marriage ban in 2008, 70 percent of African Americans voted for it, and when North Carolina overwhelmingly passed a similar measure earlier this year, many cited the black vote as a big reason. (Shortly after the ban passed in North Carolina, President Obama came out in favor of gay marriage.)
    On Tuesday in Maryland, though, 46 percent of African Americans supported gay marriage. And according to national exit polls, 52 percent of both black and Latino voters who turned out Tuesday said they support gay marriage in their states.
    (The largest shift came from black women, of which 59 percent now support gay marriage, compared to 42 percent of black men — a huge gender gap.)
    That’s a big turnaround from recent years. In 2008 and 2009, a Pew Research Center survey showed just 28 percent of African Americans and 39 percent of Latinos backed gay marriage. And by 2010, support in those communities was rising slower than it was among whites.

    African Americans and Latinos spur gay marriage revolution
    That's because young people are being brainwashed to do as they're told, opposed to making decisions based on their morals.

    You only get a shift that big with brainwashing..

  10. #70
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    And while the usual suspects continue to favor gay marriage — young people and non-religious people — exit polls show the most important shifts in support among two key communities: African Americans and Hispanics.
    Black voters, in particular, have been slow to embrace gay marriage, even as the vast majority vote Democratic and the rest of the party has embraced gay marriage. On Tuesday, though, they played a major role in passing Maryland’s new gay marriage law.

    Maryland is heavily Democratic, which made it a likely candidate to be one of the first states to vote for gay marriage. But the state is also heavily African-American (29 percent) and has a significant Latino population (8 percent), which made passage something less than certain.
    When California voted for a gay marriage ban in 2008, 70 percent of African Americans voted for it, and when North Carolina overwhelmingly passed a similar measure earlier this year, many cited the black vote as a big reason. (Shortly after the ban passed in North Carolina, President Obama came out in favor of gay marriage.)
    On Tuesday in Maryland, though, 46 percent of African Americans supported gay marriage. And according to national exit polls, 52 percent of both black and Latino voters who turned out Tuesday said they support gay marriage in their states.
    (The largest shift came from black women, of which 59 percent now support gay marriage, compared to 42 percent of black men — a huge gender gap.)
    That’s a big turnaround from recent years. In 2008 and 2009, a Pew Research Center survey showed just 28 percent of African Americans and 39 percent of Latinos backed gay marriage. And by 2010, support in those communities was rising slower than it was among whites.

    African Americans and Latinos spur gay marriage revolution
    thanks i found what i read earlier too, i was just off by 1%
    Public opinion of same-sex marriage in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Support for same-sex marriage in the U.S. [hide]Ethnicity % of U.S. population
    White Americans[63] 50

    Latino Americans[61] 60

    Jewish Americans[60] 81

    Black Americans[62] 59

    All Adults 58

    By religion
    Support for same-sex marriage in the U.S. [hide]Religion % of U.S. population
    No religion 81

    White non-evangelical Protestant 70

    Roman Catholic 59

    White Catholic 58

    Other Christian 52

    Protestant 49

    White evangelical Protestant 31

    All Adults 58

    so it seem the majority of blacks support SSM so grant was wrong, even if there are other polls at best we could say maybe it split
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •