Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 443

Thread: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

  1. #331
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    675

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Are you advocating for making incest legal?
    Why not? After all, the base line is 'consenting adults'. Surely, you would have no problem with it, right? We're looking for the truth here, correct?

  2. #332
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Gay Marriage isn't real marriage

    It's pretend marriage

    Marriage has never meant anything other than man + woman. Not my problem you are unable to deal with facts so you're reduced to beclowning yourself with emotional histrionics
    That is true and the participants in gay marriage will never be mainstreamed, regardless of the endless hate they spew at others and at the religious faith of others.

  3. #333
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    If civil unions with all the same rights and protections of marriage were established for same sex couples nationwide then I would be content. I would not care about the title of "marriage" because I could call it whatever I wanted, and I wouldn't care if the title was reserved for heterosexual couples.
    Cool, two questions then:
    Why are you arguing with me who supports exactly that?
    Why haven't they ever gone for that through the initiative process available in half the states with a couple more allowing direct state constitutional amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    However, I know that will never happen. I have debated with people on "your side" who vehemently argue any form of civil union is just marriage by another name, even those which have limited rights and protections.
    Well, it probably won't happen now that you've driven a whole raft of people who would support such civil unions over to the other "side". I know there's people on my side of this issue who don't want homosexual partners to have any of the benefits, but you're not talking with them, you've been discussing this with me.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I could care less about the ideological arguments of equality. I want a husband and children. I want to know that if anything happens to me, that my children and husband will be taken care of just as if I were married to a wife. I want the opportunity to build a relationship with all the stability of a heterosexually married couple so that my children will all the greatest opportunity to thrive. I can do that with marriage or with civil unions with all the rights of marriage. The title is irrelevant.
    Then we are on the exact same page on this part of the issue. I'm all for good families and stability.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Go to a conservative forum and argue your case, and then see if your "solution" is really realistic. Just try it. I think you are the one with the blinders on.
    I've been a member of more conservative forums and more liberal ones. The results of that question vary accordingly in their reflexive bias - the liberal one's taking the inane equal but separate argument against civil unions and for SSM, the conservative ones taking the position that homosexuals get neither. But the centrists on both are where I'm at = civil unions with same benefits as marriage.
    Last edited by clownboy; 04-28-13 at 08:28 PM.

  4. #334
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,045

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    That is true and the participants in gay marriage will never be mainstreamed, regardless of the endless hate they spew at others and at the religious faith of others.
    gays hate teh others ?
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  5. #335
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    As I said before. Two different Roman emperors have married men. The Romans even passed a law banning the practice of same sex marriage as Christianity became prevalent. Why would they pass a law for a practice unless it was being practiced?

    In fact, same sex marriage between women was not uncommon in parts of Asia and South America before Christianity spread to those parts.

    Hell, you can find that basic kind of stuff out on wikipedia for crying out loud. It isn't hard, you just have no interest in doing so because you don't care about the truth.

    History of same-sex unions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    These unions were never called marriage, even where in the same culture marriage existed. That's a fail.

  6. #336
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Cool, two questions then:
    Why are you arguing with me who supports exactly that?
    Why haven't they ever gone for that through the initiative process available in half the states with a couple more allowing direct state constitutional amendment?



    Well, it probably won't happen now that you've driven a whole raft of people who would support such civil unions over to the other "side". I know there's people on my side of this issue who don't want homosexual partners to have any of the benefits, but you're not talking with them, you've been discussing this with me.



    Then we are on the exact same page on this part of the issue. I'm all for good families and stability.



    I've been a member of more conservative forums and more liberal ones. The results of that question vary accordingly in their reflexive bias - the liberal one's taking the inane equal but separate argument against civil unions and for SSM, the conservative ones taking the position that homosexuals get neither. But the centrists on both are where I'm at = civil unions with same benefits as marriage.
    I'm not a centrist. I'm a libertarian. If I could have my ideal it would be government getting entirely out of marriage. However, before I am a libertarian I am a pragmatist and realist. That is why I have the position I have at this time. If your option ever becomes viable then I will not be opposed to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  7. #337
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    These unions were never called marriage, even where in the same culture marriage existed. That's a fail.
    Sigh...I proved my point and you ignored it. That is a fail on you because you didn't like that you were wrong.

    All this talk about other people's bias, but when confronted with your own, you run and hide. Pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  8. #338
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd View Post
    Why not? After all, the base line is 'consenting adults'. Surely, you would have no problem with it, right? We're looking for the truth here, correct?
    Start a thread on it and I will comment. This is not the appropriate place to debate incest, but if you want to advocate for it I will provide my rational for why I oppose it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  9. #339
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Incest is illegal in every state. Sodomy is not illegal. As such, your argument is ridiculous and makes you look the same.

    Furthermore, why would a father and son even want to marry? That would keep them from being able to marry when they found a partner they loved. It also doesn't make sense because marriage basically establishes "next of kin" status. If you are already kin then why would you need the rights and protections of marriage? Your argument shows you have an extremely poor understanding of what marriage is and what it does.
    A father marrying his son is not incest

    Incest only applies to producing offspring. What if a father wanted to marry his son for the "security of marriage" and benefits? Would you be a bigot and infringe on their "right to marry"?

    What if 2 sisters wanted to marry each other? 2 brothers? Would you deny them their "right" to equality?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Start a thread on it and I will comment. This is not the appropriate place to debate incest, but if you want to advocate for it I will provide my rational for why I oppose it.
    A father marrying his adult son is not incest. They don't product offspring through sex which is the point of incest laws. Try again.

  10. #340
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Never said they should, just said that is how the African American Civil Rights Movement gain widespread respect, they earned it, did the hard work, and most saw that they were correct and deserving.

    And no, I do not think marriage for same sexes is good for society short or long term...
    Yeah, they should not have had to earn it through horrible abuses. It should have been theirs to begin with and you just want the gays to get beaten on for your amusement.

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •