Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 443

Thread: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

  1. #281
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Gay Marriage is not real Marriage.
    Good. Hopefully it will be better. I think we have a good shot of beating a 50% divorce rate and all that adultery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  2. #282
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    1.)You haven't addressed anything I've said directly beyond LOL



    2.)You're still dodging



    3.)Dodge noted



    4.)Gay Marriage has never been real marriage in the history of mankind. The definition of marriage has always been man + woman. It is the oldest and most well known notion in history. That makes it more than my opinion. The union between a man and a woman is probably the oldest tradition within the Human Race. Thanks for playing though.



    5.)State Supreme Court Justices are humans with opinions in black robes. They aren't Gods. Gays aren't asking for an equal right anyways. They are asking for a special right to change the definition of marriage from man + woman to man + ? or woman + ?. Try again



    6.)So SCOTUS will probably vote against Gay Marriage. Good to know. If it passes, other groups who want the same right based upon sexual behavior will argue for that "right". Gays are not a special class of people with special rights in this country. Having special rights is not equality.



    7.)Yet you keep replying



    8.)Laws can be overturned. The biological realities will never be changed. You can't dispute the FACT that gays are demanding the special right to change the definition of marriage from man + woman to man + ? or woman + ?. Taking your ball, going home, and screaming LOL doesn't change that fact. If gays get the special right to change the definition of marriage to fit their needs, other groups who want to "marry" are going to demand it too. Gay Marriage is just another step down to nihilism.



    9.)Homosexuality is a behavior. Not a race. You're only calling it a strawman because you are unable to refute the FACT that marriage has always been an institution with specific social and economic purposes. Gay Marriage serves no purpose beyond the emotional and selfish purposes of homosexuals. They want something and are throwing a temper tantrum until they get it. I would like to join an all female gym but that doesn't mean the gym is going to let me join.



    Oh hey another dodge. When you have no argument you call it and lie and engage in an ad hominem. I have never seen you do this before. Just kidding



    You are incapable of real debate. When you can't counter an argument saying, " That's your opinion LMAO" doesn't cut it. For any future responses feel free to reference this post and any previous posts.

    Gay Marriage is not real Marriage.

    It never will be.

    Have a great day
    1.) lie, i have
    2.) lie #2 you dind task me anything i have nothign to dodge AGAIN if you disagree by all means just quote what i dodged, LMAO prove it, you will fail
    3.) at this point you are only proving to us you dont know what that word means LMAO
    4.) Opinion, its legal marriage in some states right now, thats a simply fact. You lose
    5.) your opinion and not a fact, you lose again. lol
    6.) as the linkpproved you are lying its not a special right you fail again lol
    7.) yep to point out that FACTS
    8.) not a fact, just your opinion that has already been proven wrong. Feel free to keep this opinion though but thats all it ever will be and i like that it bothers you and YOU are throwing a temper tantrum wanting people to think your "feelings and opinions are facts LMAO they are not
    9.) it this lie was true and this logic was true then heterosexuality is just a behavior and they currently have "special rights" LMAO
    you fail again sorry you cant have both ways your opinion loses to facts and logic again
    10.) except what i said is a fact thats way you chose to deflect instead of dispute it
    11.) saying its your opinion cuts it fine because those are FACTS

    the debate is easy to win with you because you proclaim something as true or factual when its not

    we all thank you for your OPINION but as you stated it, your opinion is factually 100% wrong, this will always cause me to have a great day
    please lets us know when you have any fact to support your lies, false claims and opinions, i cant wait LOL
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #283
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    08-04-13 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    459

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post


    Gay Marriage has never been real marriage in the history of mankind.
    But it is now, in lots of places. And it's expanding. And it's not going away.

    Those who are frightened about it are going to have to face the facts sooner or later.



    Gays are not a special class of people with special rights in this country.

    That's correct; nor are they asking for "special rights."

    Having special rights is not equality.
    Agreed. Fortunately, it's not at issue in any way.

  4. #284
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Meh. We aren't getting anywhere. Clearly the whole "compromise" thing is just a ruse now that same sex marriage is gaining steam. If you were real about it and cared, you would be taking your own advice. Nah, I have no problem moving to a state where same sex marriage is legal in time and letting the chips fall where they may. I might even move to Canada. This whole debate is tasteless beyond belief. I'm sick of this contempt and paranoia that your side oozes. If simply stating that I want a better life for my family is a "pity party" then there is no common civil ground we can discuss this issue.

    Oh...and uh...there are states and localities that have civil unions because of gay rights advocates...so uh...inform yourself better before speaking dude.
    Of course we aren't getting anywhere, you've retreated to the "your side/my side" arguments. You're talking to someone who has always supported civil unions equal to marriage. And I agree the whole debate is tasteless - I'm personally offended when the express will of the people in their state's constitution is overridden by a few courts. I'm sick of "your side" throwing your sexuality in my children's and grandchildren's faces (and no, I'm not okay with the hetero sexualization of kids either).

    Wanting a better life for your family is not a pity party, sitting on your kiester and complaining about it endlessly IS.

    Inform yourself, what states have established equal to marriage civil unions (something YOU asserted doesn't exist) through initiative?

  5. #285
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Of course we aren't getting anywhere, you've retreated to the "your side/my side" arguments. You're talking to someone who has always supported civil unions equal to marriage. And I agree the whole debate is tasteless - I'm personally offended when the express will of the people in their state's constitution is overridden by a few courts. I'm sick of "your side" throwing your sexuality in my children's and grandchildren's faces (and no, I'm not okay with the hetero sexualization of kids either).

    Wanting a better life for your family is not a pity party, sitting on your kiester and complaining about it endlessly IS.

    Inform yourself, what states have established equal to marriage civil unions (something YOU asserted doesn't exist) through initiative?
    Dude, go back and read your posts. The entire time I have been speaking to you it has been "the gays refuse to compromise and are forcing their way". You really can't take responsibility for anything. It is sad.

    There is no such thing as "equal to marriage civil unions" because the federal government does not recognize civil unions. Washington state was close. The voters affirmed both civil unions and later same sex marriage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  6. #286
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Dude, go back and read your posts. The entire time I have been speaking to you it has been "the gays refuse to compromise and are forcing their way". You really can't take responsibility for anything. It is sad.
    You've obviously been reading what I post through blinders that won't allow you to see anything that gets in the way of what you want and now. I don't believe I've even used the word "compromise" in this thread other than to respond to YOUR use of the word. Equal to marriage civil unions are not a compromise - they're a solution, a solution that "your side" abandoned and thus IMO (I'm entitled to an opinion) has keep them from the real equality they're supposedly seeking. In fact I'll go further to say, if the SCOTUS doesn't back your play this time, "your side" may have just screwed the pooch permanently.

  7. #287
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You've obviously been reading what I post through blinders that won't allow you to see anything that gets in the way of what you want and now. I don't believe I've even used the word "compromise" in this thread other than to respond to YOUR use of the word. Equal to marriage civil unions are not a compromise - they're a solution, a solution that "your side" abandoned and thus IMO (I'm entitled to an opinion) has keep them from the real equality they're supposedly seeking. In fact I'll go further to say, if the SCOTUS doesn't back your play this time, "your side" may have just screwed the pooch permanently.
    You have done an excellent job convincing me I do not want your "solution". If you are serious about it then perhaps you should review your tactics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  8. #288
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You've obviously been reading what I post through blinders that won't allow you to see anything that gets in the way of what you want and now. I don't believe I've even used the word "compromise" in this thread other than to respond to YOUR use of the word. Equal to marriage civil unions are not a compromise - they're a solution, a solution that "your side" abandoned and thus IMO (I'm entitled to an opinion) has keep them from the real equality they're supposedly seeking. In fact I'll go further to say, if the SCOTUS doesn't back your play this time, "your side" may have just screwed the pooch permanently.
    1.) no such thing as equal to marriage civil unions its no possible
    2.) since one is true its not a "solution" because the problem of inequality would still exist.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #289
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Of course we aren't getting anywhere, you've retreated to the "your side/my side" arguments. You're talking to someone who has always supported civil unions equal to marriage. And I agree the whole debate is tasteless - I'm personally offended when the express will of the people in their state's constitution is overridden by a few courts. I'm sick of "your side" throwing your sexuality in my children's and grandchildren's faces (and no, I'm not okay with the hetero sexualization of kids either).

    Wanting a better life for your family is not a pity party, sitting on your kiester and complaining about it endlessly IS.

    Inform yourself, what states have established equal to marriage civil unions (something YOU asserted doesn't exist) through initiative?
    If it is equal why can't it be called marriage?

  10. #290
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You have done an excellent job convincing me I do not want your "solution". If you are serious about it then perhaps you should review your tactics.
    Fine, you aren't after equality, we get it. That last sentence applies to your desires in this far more than mine. I've not got near the investment in this issue you do.

Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •