Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 443

Thread: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

  1. #271
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) not when it violate rights, liberties and freedoms sorry
    2.) you are wrong LMAO this is dishonesty and like i said, state supreme court justices disagree. thats how its done
    3.) opinion and my two points that make it fail still stand 100%
    A.) transaltion: its not required or need, thanks
    B.) more of your opinion that doesnt change the point showing how your opinion fails, Please stay on topic, Gays can factually adopt right now in the us. You opinion on that is meaningless
    4.) weird, did i say they didnt, i was just pointing out how dumb it is to try and say rights shouldnt be granted on small population % which you were claiming. Its funny how you try to backpedal.
    Also gay marriage isnt a "special rights" its equal rights as some state supreme courts have already stated
    5.) im sure you think that but facts are on my side and not on yours LMAO you are very entertaining and funny, i like posters like you. I stated fact and you said :nu-huh"
    1. Not an arguable statement with the understanding that all rights are not absolute, each has a limit.
    2. No, that is in conflict with your statement number one. Certain groups should not be afforded special rights created out nothing, do not get to trample on one's religious beliefs and freedoms...
    3. Hardly, but delusions are free...
    3A. So, lets make it simple, do away with legal protection for children... yeah, that is smart...
    3B. Yet you assume I care what your opinion of mine is then, huh? too funny.
    4. You were the one talking minority rights were you not? Then you would not stand up for child abusers, isn't that just a little bigoted, not very progressive of you...
    Just because the SC says it doesn't make it right nor permanent... Plessy v Feguson... did that hold up, was it correct?
    5. Take out the "c" ... you stated fat, overweight ungainly statements having lots of empty calories... you cannot always rely on saying that is your opinion, especially when trumped with logic...or proof, evidence, and yes, "real facts".... and a good debate is always fun...

  2. #272
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    So you are trying to tell us that in order for gays to get marriage rights they should be put through horrible abuses first. Somehow i think that even after they do that it still won't be good enough for you.
    Never said they should, just said that is how the African American Civil Rights Movement gain widespread respect, they earned it, did the hard work, and most saw that they were correct and deserving.

    And no, I do not think marriage for same sexes is good for society short or long term...

  3. #273
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,791

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    1. You may not know this... or are forgetting, 31 states have already adopted same sex ban amendments, so the judges cannot really do much about it if a case did come up, well, except decide against it, I suppose.

    1b. Don't know your CR history either, that is wow worthy.

    1c. I think it beyond only my opinion but well within the realm of plausibility ....right up to probably.

    2. Need to sharpen the blade on your research tool, dig a bit deeper there, all that means something, means not being completely blind going into the future, seeing where the rocks and obstacles coming up, seeing how the ones that are going before us are doing [ not so well ]. Thankfully you only have the majority in the Senate and executive office... we have the House and 30 governorships... we will be able to hold all that off until we get the others back. So you can ignore it, pretend its not happening...

    And you don't have to keep chanting that mantra, "straight marriage is still legal, blah blah blah, straight marriage is....

    2a.)Oh, and if you mention a court ruling, please how about some clue as to what you are talking about, what it said, why it should have some bearing on the conversation.

    4. I am sure if you just make some discreet inquiries about how gay people were treated and why it was wise to stay hidden, they will let you in on all the dark little secrets. Such feebleness regarding defense of it now being legal... if you are intellectually honest, you know.
    straw man--- Nobody is equating, you say that to shift attention away from the real problem, it doesn't matter what you think now, it was different then and it was criminal, but very similar for the gay community and general impressions.

    5. Hardly, what I am saying it that everybody else will want these same special rights. At the moment all is completely equal in the vast majority of states, I cannot marry another man, a woman cannot marry another woman, nobody can marry under a certain age, if I wanted to I cannot marry my sister, a gay cannot marry his sister or brother, nor can I....we have the exact same rights and restrictions right now. I can marry only within certain boundaries, the same as everyone else. The exact same for each in each state, except about 6 states grant special rights to same sex couples.

    6. Yep. Already dismantled the equal stuff, so you would have to dismantle my dismantling to be anywhere near credible at this point.

    7. You see, analogies are not supposed to be the exact same, they are analogies, similar, gets the point across [ to most] and its the principle we are digging at. Either get it or you don't, I am just presenting it for those actually looking for the right answers. Explain exactly which rights are being taken away?

    8. I wasn't incorrect either, you were bandying about the word uneducated, I informed you of my education and then educated you on the topic.

    9. Ill let you make the case if you think you can beat me, have at it....prove how its 100% the case.

    10. I know enough history to know the justices are not always right. Either they were in Plessy v Ferguson or in Brown v Board.... but not both, so they are proven to be wrong... and what was the decision you are talking about anyhow, Again, if you are going to use a court ruling you have to at least say what the ruling is.... can't just say they ruled and....I won..... that't not how it works....

    good tries tho...

    11.)The best I can get, by the way, and always appreciative of whatever it is I got.
    1.) well aware, remind me how many of them were done by that states supreme court?
    1a.) so you have not facts still just you opinion, i knew that already
    1b.) plausible based on your OPINION
    2.) again that long story had zero FACTUAL or LOGICAL impact only your opinion that you think it matters with nothing but your "feelings" to support it, so no sharpening needed, because i dont buy your dull "story"
    2a.) are you saying you are unaware of this, i thought you were chest beating earlier and said you are educated on this topic? lol
    4.) so you are not going to qoute the us laws that make gay culture illegal? thanks thats what i thought, deflection noted LMAO
    my honesty is what makes me laugh at your opinion pushed as facts
    what was criminal you still havent said it, what law are you referring to?
    5.) you fail in the first sentence because they are special, justices already disagree with you and everybody else doesnt matter because like your argument fails so will theirs. Saying its completely equal is simply a lie.
    Like i said justices already disagree with you. But you are welcome to keep you OPINION.
    6.) no it was a complete failure as court rullings support those people and the only support you have is your "feelings" LMAO nothing was dismantled in reality.
    Credibility is solid in the justices rulings and your credibility is based on, nothign but your feelings. Feelings VS supreme court justices = your feelings lose
    7.) who said they have to be exact but they do have to be parallels and you claiming that a minotiy group like child rapists would want "special rights" based on equal rights for gays is asinine. Nobody sane, logical and honest would by that.

    you want to know what rights would be taken away if rape was made legal???/? LMAO you cant be serious, now i know you are just making stuff up since you lost and are just talking circles for fun

    8.) yes you were 100% wrong because this is the start of your dishonest, illogical, straw-man rant "Don't attempt to label me and how educated I am." i never did this, i said you are uneducated about this topic. and you reant was about general knowledge and chest beating that was pointless and impressed nobody

    9.) its already proven, my quote and what i actually said proves it? are you hoping that today my post will be different and has different words in it? LMAO

    I made a statement about "A" you tried to relate my statement or claimed it meant "B" it factually did not and there no logic or facts to even support that false conclusion.

    if you feel differently by all means post my quote here AGAIN and disect it, show me where my words meant minorities that didnt have rights yet or minorities ilke pedophilia. Id LOVE to hear it and if you can, i sir will admit you were right.

    10.) translation, you have nothing, it was a fail and multiples have rules on it, not just one LOL so yes, it was a good try by you

    11.) i thought so, and like i said that wasnt an insult, i could honestly tell you were drinking, a little to much babbling, filler, random sayings/quotes and non related material being typed LOL
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #274
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,791

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I can't recall a time Agent J has ever called himself a libertarian.

    Now, seeing as how you don't care and have zero opinion about the topic in the OP, why are you here?
    I dont think he knows why he was here, he was all over the place, his posts made no sense.
    Not that something like that is unusual for his posts but it was extra nonsensical.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #275
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,791

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Annnnnnnd right back on the ignore list with AgentJ he goes.
    its funny you think this bothers people, it makes me happy when posters like yourself get their feelings hurt by me, it lets me know im a good poster and you running and hiding cause your arguments got destroyed is really does little to make you look any better after your loss
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #276
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,791

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    1. Not an arguable statement with the understanding that all rights are not absolute, each has a limit.
    2. No, that is in conflict with your statement number one. Certain groups should not be afforded special rights created out nothing, do not get to trample on one's religious beliefs and freedoms...
    3. Hardly, but delusions are free...
    3A. So, lets make it simple, do away with legal protection for children... yeah, that is smart...
    3B. Yet you assume I care what your opinion of mine is then, huh? too funny.
    4. You were the one talking minority rights were you not? Then you would not stand up for child abusers, isn't that just a little bigoted, not very progressive of you...
    Just because the SC says it doesn't make it right nor permanent... Plessy v Feguson... did that hold up, was it correct?
    5. Take out the "c" ... you stated fat, overweight ungainly statements having lots of empty calories... you cannot always rely on saying that is your opinion, especially when trumped with logic...or proof, evidence, and yes, "real facts".... and a good debate is always fun...
    1.) i agree its not arguable because its TRUE lol
    2.) its not special thats simply your opinions
    3.) nope its factually your opinion, thats a fact and nothing more LOL
    3a.) nobody said this strawman
    3b.) no that wasnt my point only the fact that these two examples prove your opinion wrong or at the very best am opinion and nothing else
    4.) nope you are wrong again, when i referred to minority rights i was referring to cases that already happened i was specific and didnt use it in blanket form no matter how many times you try to push this lie LOL

    and you will always get laughed at when you compare equal rights for gays with child raping, again analogies have to make sense. Your dishonesty is dually noted
    5.) I agree but you havent provided any factual logic, proof, or evidence, i have LMAO You have only found ways to state strawmen, post things that are factually incorrect and tell me your feelings
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) LMAO this is a bold face lie, you havent ask me anything.
    You haven't addressed anything I've said directly beyond LOL

    if you disagree please by all means prove you didnt lie, link what i dodged, I cant wait so i can laugh again
    You're still dodging

    2.) yes it is comical and embarrassing watching fail and lie, i agree
    Dodge noted

    3.) based on nothing but your opinion
    Gay Marriage has never been real marriage in the history of mankind. The definition of marriage has always been man + woman. It is the oldest and most well known notion in history. That makes it more than my opinion. The union between a man and a woman is probably the oldest tradition within the Human Race. Thanks for playing though.

    4.) state supreme court justices call it an equal right, so again your opinion is meaningless
    State Supreme Court Justices are humans with opinions in black robes. They aren't Gods. Gays aren't asking for an equal right anyways. They are asking for a special right to change the definition of marriage from man + woman to man + ? or woman + ?. Try again

    5.) false SCOTUS disagrees with you and has said so at least 14 different times in CASES
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1061742356
    So SCOTUS will probably vote against Gay Marriage. Good to know. If it passes, other groups who want the same right based upon sexual behavior will argue for that "right". Gays are not a special class of people with special rights in this country. Having special rights is not equality.

    your OPINION is again meaningless
    Yet you keep replying

    6.) gay marriage already exists so nothing will change they will just make it protected by federal law, you are wrong again LOL
    Laws can be overturned. The biological realities will never be changed. You can't dispute the FACT that gays are demanding the special right to change the definition of marriage from man + woman to man + ? or woman + ?. Taking your ball, going home, and screaming LOL doesn't change that fact. If gays get the special right to change the definition of marriage to fit their needs, other groups who want to "marry" are going to demand it too. Gay Marriage is just another step down to nihilism.

    7.) this strawman is always a complete failure. "sexually behavior" we arent discussing just behaviors LMAO
    Homosexuality is a behavior. Not a race. You're only calling it a strawman because you are unable to refute the FACT that marriage has always been an institution with specific social and economic purposes. Gay Marriage serves no purpose beyond the emotional and selfish purposes of homosexuals. They want something and are throwing a temper tantrum until they get it. I would like to join an all female gym but that doesn't mean the gym is going to let me join.

    8.) another lie, history proves you wrong and so does reality today
    Oh hey another dodge. When you have no argument you call it and lie and engage in an ad hominem. I have never seen you do this before. Just kidding

    9.) again, nothing more than your opinion supported by ZERO facts LMAO
    You are incapable of real debate. When you can't counter an argument saying, " That's your opinion LMAO" doesn't cut it. For any future responses feel free to reference this post and any previous posts.

    Gay Marriage is not real Marriage.

    It never will be.

    Have a great day

  8. #278
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Sounds like a pity party where you want to blame everyone else because you won't get off you own ass. If you want "the rights and protections it would afford my family" that IS equality. And I've never been called to the table period, so compromise with what? The folks who want something from the political system generally work for it from the local upward. Heck, CA and many states have the initiative process. The so-called bluest state and not once was there an initiative for civil unions. If you can't even collect enough signatures in the blue state of CA then it's time to hang up your spurs.
    Meh. We aren't getting anywhere. Clearly the whole "compromise" thing is just a ruse now that same sex marriage is gaining steam. If you were real about it and cared, you would be taking your own advice. Nah, I have no problem moving to a state where same sex marriage is legal in time and letting the chips fall where they may. I might even move to Canada. This whole debate is tasteless beyond belief. I'm sick of this contempt and paranoia that your side oozes. If simply stating that I want a better life for my family is a "pity party" then there is no common civil ground we can discuss this issue.

    Oh...and uh...there are states and localities that have civil unions because of gay rights advocates...so uh...inform yourself better before speaking dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  9. #279
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    So you are trying to tell us that in order for gays to get marriage rights they should be put through horrible abuses first. Somehow i think that even after they do that it still won't be good enough for you.
    Gay Marriage is not a "Right" anymore than a father marrying his son is a "Right"

  10. #280
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    The definition of marriage has always been man + woman. It is the oldest and most well known notion in history.
    Two different Roman emperors married men.

    I guess the word "always" has different meanings for me and you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •