Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 443

Thread: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

  1. #241
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Just because you say Gay Marriage is real marriage, doesn't make it so.
    You are right.I'm not gay.That is for gay people to decide for themselves wheter or not what they have constitutes a REAL MARRIAGE.
    Neither you or I are in any real position to say otherwise,now are we.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Marriage is not a Civil Right. It is an institution with specific social and economic purposes. Gay Marriage is pointless and serves no purpose that benefits society as a whole. Gay Marriage is not real marriage.
    That is what is called YOUR OPINION.

    Why don't you put your massive ego to one side and provide some credible data that backs that up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post


    Again heterosexuals don't marry with the specific purpose of serving humanity, but their unions usually do by their very nature. They create more taxpayers through their unions. Gay couples cannot procreate. Humanity relies on heterosexual unions to exist. It's just biological fact. Has nothing to do with approval.
    And you know all this how?
    Just what gives you the right to speak for all humanity?
    Inquiring minds want to know.

    You do realize that just because a person is gay does not mean that a gay man are incapable of providing the sperm that creates a child,or gay woman are incapable of giving birth to children?
    Or that it is not impossible for gays to raise happy,well adjusted children.
    Hmm,I guess not.
    Maybe you are not as smart as you like to think you are?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Gay marriage is not real marriage.
    It never will be
    I don't know who you are or what you've stated and I could care less. Gay Marriage serves no social or economic purpose. They don't create more taxpayers. Every citizen acts as a consumer, but that has nothing to do with the lifetime of productivity every human being born into this world is capable of realizing. Your arguments are purely emotional. Not logical.
    Wow,Bronson,you've stated all this as if you are someone important.
    As if you are someone with wealth and power,and your opinions actually means something,and has an impact,on those of use who actually live normal everyday lives?

    As a businessman myself ,I'm very interested,if you are THAT important..
    Why don't you PM (you do know how to use the DebatePolitics.com Private Messaging function,don't you?) me explaining what makes what you say so important to everybody and,what makes you so powerful and influential that your words are Reality.
    Show me your credentials,and I'll have no problem showing you mine.
    Then maybe we could do so me business together.Something I'm always interested in doing (especially with people with a lot more wealth,power,influence and prestige than I can ever hope for).

    I'm willing to give you my real name,my address,my phone number,my date of birth, my companies website and Facebook pages,my menus,references from satisfied customers,YOUTUBE links to commercials for my restaunts, my mothers maiden name, and my social security number (if you are really as important as you think you are,you should have no problem verifying who I truly am) as long as you make it worth my while for providing that information.
    And if we can do business together,I'll make it worth your your while
    .I'm a damn good business man myself.
    I'm always on the look out to make lots of money.I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is,if it means I make more money doing so.
    Are you willing to do the same,Bronson?
    Like I said,all you have to do is PM me.



    May I remind you that we are emotional creatures,and logic once stated that the universe revolved around the earth?
    From what I can see from this and other threads you have been in on this subject,your logic really isn't all sound if numerous people (including myself) are constantly pointing out the holes in it.
    My argument may be from the emotional,but at least it's always been honest
    .I always fully admitted here on DP that I have a gay daughter,and gay marriages are very lucrative for me.
    Marriages are a multi-billion dollar industry,and I'm just trying to grab my share,
    I can make a lot of money off gay marriages,and am always looking to make more ( do you find something wrong with good old fashion capitalism?)
    What's your stake in all this.Do you stand to make hundreds of thousands ,or million of dollars,if gays aren't allowed to married?

    You want to talk about logic,Bronson?
    Well,were I come from,if it "don't make dollar's,it don't make sense".
    So why don't you use logic to convince me that joining your side will make me a LOT more money than what I am already making on my own.
    That's the type of logic I appreciate.
    Not someone's (your) else's ego gratification.
    Use yourself as an example.Tell everyone here how being against SSM has made you fabulously wealthy,and dating supermodels.

    So unless your opinions and beliefs can translate to lots of cash in my pocket,I couldn't care less what your opinions or beliefs are myself.

  2. #242
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    NEWS FLASH: Sometimes people express opinions and tell you what they're thinking.
    Wow,you are that important that everyone in this country is telling you there opinions?
    How do you find the time to listen to all 300,000,000+ million of us?

    NEWS FLASH: Sometimes people don't tell you the truth.
    NEWS FLASH: Opinions are o cheap,even you can afford them.
    NEWS FLASH:Sometimes,opinions are ill informed,based on ignorance,are disinformation,or just plain stupid.
    NEWS FLASH:Sometimes people like you just make stuff up just so that they can feel like they are participating in something.

    You made it sound as if YOU know what's on the mind of EVERY American in this country.Me and Sangha (and probably a few others) want to know where and how.
    Sure;y you are capable of providing that,aren't you?

  3. #243
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Funny people on this forum. Funny people indeed.
    Actually,I find quite a number of people here to be quite terrifying.Especially when it comes to my freedoms.Or the freedoms of those I love.

    Apparently, quite a number of the conservatives here are trying to convince people they are just as big of a threat to freedom as the liberals supposedly are (and I am definitely not big fan of liberals).

    Well,if that was the intention,I've become convinced,bravo
    But that's just my opinion.It really doesn't matter,now does it?

  4. #244
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,267

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    I can link you several studies that prove that gays can raise children as effectively as straights, if you are interested.
    Ah, that's the problem. I think I've read them all. On these threads this subject has been endlessly discussed ("discussed" is a polite descriptive), and generally both sides of the argument are dismissive of the other's point of view and the associated studies. Most of the studies appear to contain fatal bias in my view, regardless of which perspective you endorse. The conundrum I see is that it is impossible to reach a sound conclusion without allowing gays to marry and raise children.

  5. #245
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,267

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    Is anyone trying to physically prevent you from having a "traditional family"?
    Too late. That horse left the stall years ago.

  6. #246
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,588

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You made no points, not only that but you changed my post then went ahead and spelled "you're" wrong.

    I DON'T CARE, I don't care what the **** people do - yet you call yourself a libertarian and have a difficult time understanding that idea???

    There is no such thing as EQUALITY.... Your argument here would apply to just about anything.. Why should the doctor who works 50 hours a week make more than the dummy who works 50 hours a week scrubbing his toilets??? They both work the same hours so why should one get more than the other??

    Civil unions/gay marriage are a TENTH AMENDMENT ISSUE - EVERY LIBERTARIAN KNOWS THIS...
    I can't recall a time Agent J has ever called himself a libertarian.

    Now, seeing as how you don't care and have zero opinion about the topic in the OP, why are you here?

  7. #247
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,097

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    just disgusting
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  8. #248
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,061

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    just disgusting
    What the riots or passing the law?
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  9. #249
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,097

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    What the riots or passing the law?



    two faced heteros ,of course
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  10. #250
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,061

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    two faced heteros ,of course
    Again you could be talking for either side, though I'm pretty sure which one you mean
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •