Look, I know the fanciful thinkers here really believe the SCOTUS is going to hand them a victory soon. But as I said to another poster - you're counting your chickens way too early and you may be heartbroken by the actual reality.
Funny people on this forum. Funny people indeed.
"Men did not love Rome because she was great. She was great because they had loved her." -- G.K. Chesterton
1b. Don't know your CR history either, that is wow worthy.
1c. I think it beyond only my opinion but well within the realm of plausibility ....right up to probably.
2. Need to sharpen the blade on your research tool, dig a bit deeper there, all that means something, means not being completely blind going into the future, seeing where the rocks and obstacles coming up, seeing how the ones that are going before us are doing [ not so well ]. Thankfully you only have the majority in the Senate and executive office... we have the House and 30 governorships... we will be able to hold all that off until we get the others back. So you can ignore it, pretend its not happening...
And you don't have to keep chanting that mantra, "straight marriage is still legal, blah blah blah, straight marriage is....
Oh, and if you mention a court ruling, please how about some clue as to what you are talking about, what it said, why it should have some bearing on the conversation.
4. I am sure if you just make some discreet inquiries about how gay people were treated and why it was wise to stay hidden, they will let you in on all the dark little secrets. Such feebleness regarding defense of it now being legal... if you are intellectually honest, you know.
straw man--- Nobody is equating, you say that to shift attention away from the real problem, it doesn't matter what you think now, it was different then and it was criminal, but very similar for the gay community and general impressions.
5. Hardly, what I am saying it that everybody else will want these same special rights. At the moment all is completely equal in the vast majority of states, I cannot marry another man, a woman cannot marry another woman, nobody can marry under a certain age, if I wanted to I cannot marry my sister, a gay cannot marry his sister or brother, nor can I....we have the exact same rights and restrictions right now. I can marry only within certain boundaries, the same as everyone else. The exact same for each in each state, except about 6 states grant special rights to same sex couples.
6. Yep. Already dismantled the equal stuff, so you would have to dismantle my dismantling to be anywhere near credible at this point.
7. You see, analogies are not supposed to be the exact same, they are analogies, similar, gets the point across [ to most] and its the principle we are digging at. Either get it or you don't, I am just presenting it for those actually looking for the right answers. Explain exactly which rights are being taken away?
8. I wasn't incorrect either, you were bandying about the word uneducated, I informed you of my education and then educated you on the topic.
9. Ill let you make the case if you think you can beat me, have at it....prove how its 100% the case.
10. I know enough history to know the justices are not always right. Either they were in Plessy v Ferguson or in Brown v Board.... but not both, so they are proven to be wrong... and what was the decision you are talking about anyhow, Again, if you are going to use a court ruling you have to at least say what the ruling is.... can't just say they ruled and....I won..... that't not how it works....
good tries tho...
The best I can get, by the way, and always appreciative of whatever it is I got.
Also, please explain how civil unions, even if DOMA is struck down, will grant the same 1000 rights reserved for married couples. No joint tax return, as in France no adoption in most states, power of attorney needed for hospital visitation, joint benefits in my state are for *married couples only and the civil union couples do NOT get them*...You get the point I hope.
Riots be damned good job France!
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
The rioters are on the wrong side of history.
Were it not for cameras, most of them would be able--in future, when homosexuality is considered a non-issue--to deny they were ever opposed!