Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 443

Thread: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    nor·mal /ˈnôrməl/

    Adjective

    Conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.

    Noun

    The usual, average, or typical state or condition.

    Synonyms

    adjective.

    regular - standard - ordinary - common - usual

    noun.

    normality - normalcy - perpendicular
    In no way, shape, or form does an anomalous condition afflicting only 2-4% of a given population match this definition, nor is there any way in which it ever conceivably could.

    Are those who suffer from schizophrenia "normal" too?

  2. #222
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    He used literally the only data that was available. That's what researchers do.
    Wrong. Only deviant researchers use data that is not representative or random.

    Frankly, regardless of whether the sample was large enough or not, the fact of the matter remains that there is strong circumstantial evidence to support the conclusion that children raised in homosexual households have a greater chance of turning out to be homosexual themselves.
    It has nothing to do with the size of the sample. It has to do with the sample being neither representative nor random.

    IOW, there is no circumstantial evidence to support your deviant conclusion.

    And I have done similar research. I read books about heterosexual couples, and books about homosexual couples. According to my meta-analysis, the homosexual couples had no homosexual children, while some of the heterosexual couples did. Therefore, hetero couples are more likely to have homosexual children.

    Also, most homosexuals have heterosexual parents, which confirms my conclusion that hetero couples are more likely to produce homosexual children

    We need to ban straight marriages, and stop the scourge of divorce and the production of deviant children.


    P.S. Flagrantly misusing words won't help your argument. My definition of the term "deviant" is literally the exact definition used by most dictionaries.

    Merriam-Webster: Deviant
    Yes, and performing meta-analyses on data that is neither representative nor random is "contrary to established norms". His work is deviant

    It is also "contrary to established norms" to form conclusions on the basis of deviant studies, therefore your conclusion and your beliefs are also deviant.

    See how that works?

    I'm sorry that people like you apparently like to forget facts like these when it is inconvenient to your ideology.
    I accept your apology

    But it wouldn't be needed if you stopped believing in deviant studies
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    In no way, shape, or form does an anomalous condition afflicting only 2-4% of a given population match this definition, nor is there any way in which it ever conceivably could.

    Are those who suffer from schizophrenia "normal" too?


    Gee, maybe targeting that 2-4% anomaly like it was the very center of everything "wrong" with the entire universe wasn't exactly the right tactic ? You think ?.....................

  4. #224
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Nicely done, I would not have expected anything less.

    That being said…we have differing views, yet…

    1. Noticed the “some”. Some state supreme courts.

    Very little some… almost lonesome. Almost none, comparatively.

    1b.)Should, sorry to have to say, stay that way. What gave credibility in the eyes of everyone, EVERYONE, African Americans fought Civil Rights pretty much straight up, proud and righteous, honestly righteous. Those who had never had to take a side, just comfortable, living, lettin be, gettin along, suddenly chanced to see it starkly, for what it was,,, rebelled against that … that thick stinky fertilizer, surface deep but rich soiled there in the South.

    In contrast, the same sex marriage movement....

    1c.)Battles in courts, sometimes a legislature, removed from the people, just like France [tangentially] … where there are not the votes for it, it de facto won’t happen. If you try to force, de jure, you often slow it down. People have to accept willingly, people in this country have come miles and miles on the whole Gay issue. But when pushed hard, like by a salesman at a car dealership, we tend to shy in the other direction.
    We’ve been really tolerant, despite conflicting with most’s faith. Should be appreciated, acknowledged, honored.

    There are times to draw lines.

    Enough already

    2. Don’t really keep either eye pealed on Europe I am guessing? Can’t envision the coming Cassandra, cannot see that old locomotive puffing for the wooden bridge, bridge over the deep gash of a mountain pass. Look closer, wooden spars falling away as we watch, bridge collapsing as the train approaches... Europe these days.

    This isn’t about Europe. We can sort of do a real time autopsy before the fact. Your opinion about European society, think its strong? Strong enough? Wasn’t just this current crisis though, unhappily for liberals, its more just plain liberal, too liberal, policy in general. Yes, my opinion, with points, solid. This post is already too long, however.

    Also apropos, the old adage, watch what you ask for, you might just get it. Europe got it, and it is contagious.

    What y’all don’t seem to get is that gay movement has not been a, no pun intended either time, straight on assault as stated previously. Lots of short term termiting, lacing the entire structure upon which we have built a strong nation… done with many hardly even realizing it…just like Europe, starting much earlier, hit much harder.

    2a. A Court case ruling huh? One? What about, what was the rulling…?? see what you did, now I’m on the edge of my seat. Soooo not convincing tho, besides, you had already made some head feints that direction, straw man called.

    3. Yes, I did clarify, you understand the subtlety. Rarely used violence, on occasion, ends the job. Not a big advocate, but when used…hard and fast. Make it hurt so bad others won’t try, unless just stupid suicidal. Dance back Ali like, untouched if possible.

    4. Nearly all the gay culture WAS criminal. See, all those other minority groups you hesitate to support, currently illegal, too. Easily changed, assisted by this, those and many leagues of others. Then unhindered, a now unstoppable force no longer meeting an immovable object…

    Society crumbles, a tide slicing though sand castles.

    5. Stripping away/adding special rights, whichever way necessary for certain groups wanting... whatever. Basis upon which to deny them? After? None. Hey, you gave that to same sex folks, cries of discrimination ring from all sides [and they would be right]… so how legally to stop much of anything after? You won’t be able.

    Society crumble crumble crumbling.

    Interesting thought experiment. If rape were made legal, how long would it be before people stopped struggling against? Let’s say, with just the right backing, or packing, a court or two, or the courts in general, started ruling in their favor, maybe a legislature somewhere or three joined… The national legislature bonded with them, passed the law… but the people were against it… then what?

    Anybody see France in this frame?

    All is uncomfortable even to think about, suffice to say, could come to pass, doubting it ostensibly, sure, seems too repugnant. See, even a similar past. Surely cannot be certain, not at all certain it wouldn’t.


    8.). Give ya slack on this one too, cause you are not really incorrect, you were just slinging so parameters were in order.
    8. Sorry, just not the case… but again, its hardly enough to quibble over.
    10.). Already dealt with this continued fail…
    1.) yes some, the ones that have looked at it in a case
    cant decide before a case :shrug

    1b only if we rewrite history LMOA
    1c.) you are welcome to this opinion

    2.) uhm i dont care about any of that nor does any of it along with your opinions change anything?
    straight marriage is still legal and nobody is tryign to stop it lol

    im not sure what any of it even meant in correlation, are you drinking? and NO im not trying to insult you or be a smart ass, i was being serious in a funny way because i ahev no clue what this rant was about

    2a. no not just one a couple thats how gay marriage as already been established in some states
    no straw man facts

    3.) i understand and i would support some violence in some case, not against equality though

    4.) gay culture now? what are you referring to, please qoute these laws in the US that made gay culture illegal LOL
    and like i said it is not illegal now not does it involve a victim

    trying to equate gay marriage with child rapist is silly

    5.) but again gay marriage doesnt strip away rights it grants them, your examples would strip them away so they are illogical anologies.

    6.) society crumbling is your opinion, many feel equal rights strengthens it

    7.) again that takes rights away, its doesnt just grant them so again the example is a failure as they are not the same lol

    8.) i know im not incorrect you were lol
    9.) its 100% the case as my post proves would you like to read it again
    10.) weird you call it a fail when its true, justices disagree with you LMAO you lost


    anyway, what are you drinking? anything good or unique?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Wrong. Only deviant researchers use data that is not representative or random.
    Nonsense. As your own source admitted, he used "meta-analysis." This is a perfectly valid technique for gathering data regardless of what the critics might happen to say.

    It's hardly his fault that literature concerning the effects of homosexual parenting happens to be so sparse.

    It has nothing to do with the size of the sample. It has to do with the sample being neither representative nor random.
    Now you're just spitting out random combinations of words without the slightest understanding of what they mean.

    You have absolutely no idea how "representative" or "random" the examples given in any of those books happened to be. Again, these books were the ONLY research available on the subject.

    If they can be used to come to false conclusions concerning homosexual parenting, that is the fault of academia for categorically choosing to ignore this field of study.

    IOW, there is no circumstantial evidence to support your deviant conclusion.
    Again, not so good with this whole "definitions of words" thing, are you?

    circumstantial evidence
    n
    indirect evidence that tends to establish a conclusion by inference
    Google is your friend Sang.

    Yes, and performing meta-analyses on data that is neither representative nor random is "contrary to established norms". His work is deviant

    It is also "contrary to established norms" to form conclusions on the basis of deviant studies, therefore your conclusion and your beliefs are also deviant.
    Which would be a great argument... If there were any other evidence to go off of.

    There is not.

    You can blame academia's pro LGBT agenda for that.

    I accept your apology

    But it wouldn't be needed if you stopped believing in deviant studies
    I momentarily unblocked you because you actually manged to raise a valid point for once.

    For some strange reason, I suspect that I will be blocking you again here shortly.

  6. #226
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,882
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Prove it. All I see here are a bunch of wild unsupported accusations aimed against a peer reviewed study that came to conclusion you simply happen to dislike.
    I belive some others have already answered this, so I won't restate it.





    Walter Shuum is not in any way that I know of directly affiliated with the FRC.
    I said Paul Cameron, not the FRC.





    They make up to 2-4% of the population. They are a statistical anomaly.
    So are people with genius level IQ's. Does that make them bad? Even so, using "Not in line with the majority" as your definition of normal (Or some variation) is not a very good line to hold.



    The same principles apply.
    I'm not the one making the claim (In this particular part of our debate.) you are. You made the claim, you back it up. It's not my job to do your homework for you.



    Feel free to list those differences then.
    Well for one, there's the innate difference between how a grandmother views her grandchild and how a mother views her child.

    Then there's the possible variations in the mother-to-mother relationship which needs to be taken into account. And of course each one's persona view of how the child should be raised.

    If you really want to know, ask Your Star.


    Platation slavery was the only kind of slavery to survive in the West into the modern era, and it was a relatively new development.
    Okay.

    As such, it can not be "traditional."
    But I did not make my original point using plantation slavery. I used the blanket term 'slavery'.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    Or how about slavery? For a thousand years humanity kept slaves. Should we keep slaves just because we've been doing it for so long?



    Explain to me why it would count as one?
    tra·di·tion·al

    /trəˈdiSHənl/
    Adjective

    1. Existing in or as part of a tradition; long-established.



    Slavery was unarguably long-established.


    (Notice how I never in this debate said slavery was a 'value.')



    Contrary to established norms.
    Uh huh. And who establishes the norms?
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    In no way, shape, or form does an anomalous condition afflicting only 2-4% of a given population match this definition, nor is there any way in which it ever conceivably could.

    Are those who suffer from schizophrenia "normal" too?


    I've tried "converting" a few people. It's a "failure to launch" endeavor..................

  8. #228
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Nonsense. As your own source admitted, he used "meta-analysis." This is a perfectly valid technique for gathering data regardless of what the critics might happen to say.

    It's hardly his fault that literature concerning the effects of homosexual parenting happens to be so sparse.
    Wrong, using non-representative and non-random samples is not a perfectly valid technique. It's deviant.

    And of course, it's not his fault that he used bad data. He was forced to use bad data instead of collecting good data.




    Now you're just spitting out random combinations of words without the slightest understanding of what they mean.

    You have absolutely no idea how "representative" or "random" the examples given in any of those books happened to be. Again, these books were the ONLY research available on the subject.
    Since the stories in the book were "chosen" by their authors, we know they weren't "random". You do realize what the word "random" means, right?

    And since half the stories were about same sex couples, and because we know that half of all couples are not same sex couples, we know that the samples were not "representative". You do know what the word "representative" means, right?

    If they can be used to come to false conclusions concerning homosexual parenting, that is the fault of academia for categorically choosing to ignore this field of study.
    Yes, whatever Schumm did is completely the fault of someone else. They forced him to use bad data. They did not allow him to collect good data



    Again, not so good with this whole "definitions of words" thing, are you?
    Says the guy who thinks stories that were chosen by authors are "random"




    Google is your friend Sang.
    You're begging the question. Google that



    Which would be a great argument... If there were any other evidence to go off of.

    There is not.

    You can blame academia's pro LGBT agenda for that.
    At least you're now admitting that there's no data to support any conclusion. Yet, you continue to believe that you have data which supports your conclusion
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #229
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    1. Noticed the “some”. Some state supreme courts.

    Very little some… almost lonesome. Almost none, comparatively.

    Should, sorry to have to say, stay that way. What gave credibility in the eyes of everyone, EVERYONE, African Americans fought Civil Rights pretty much straight up, proud and righteous, honestly righteous. Those who had never had to take a side, just comfortable, living, lettin be, gettin along, suddenly chanced to see it starkly, for what it was,,, rebelled against that … that thick stinky fertilizer, surface deep but rich soiled there in the South.

    In contrast, the same sex marriage movement....

    Battles in courts, sometimes a legislature, removed from the people, just like France [tangentially] … where there are not the votes for it, it de facto won’t happen. If you try to force, de jure, you often slow it down. People have to accept willingly, people in this country have come miles and miles on the whole Gay issue. But when pushed hard, like by a salesman at a car dealership, we tend to shy in the other direction.
    We’ve been really tolerant, despite conflicting with most’s faith. Should be appreciated, acknowledged, honored.

    There are times to draw lines.
    Loving vs Virginia was a SCOTUS case.

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    So are people with genius level IQ's. Does that make them bad?
    A high IQ actually serves a purpose. However, I would agree that such individuals are no less anomalous than homosexuals.

    As such, they are not, strictly speaking, "normal" either.

    Even so, using "Not in line with the majority" as your definition of normal (Or some variation) is not a very good line to hold.
    It is literally the text book definition of the word.

    I'm not the one making the claim (In this particular part of our debate.) you are. You made the claim, you back it up. It's not my job to do your homework for you.
    It is simple inference. If children raised in single sex / single parent households tend to suffer for it due to the lack of same and/or opposite sex role models, why on earth would children raised in single sex / homosexual households be any different.

    If anything, you need to provide evidence to support the assertion that the two situations are in any way different.

    Well for one, there's the innate difference between how a grandmother views her grandchild and how a mother views her child.

    Then there's the possible variations in the mother-to-mother relationship which needs to be taken into account. And of course each one's persona view of how the child should be raised.
    Which is all a lot of very vague and insubstantial quibbling which really signifies nothing.

    Besides, I'm just about positive that you have stated repeatedly at this point that the role played by a care giver did not matter so long as the child was rasied in a loving home.

    If you really want to know, ask Your Star.
    Yea.. I'm sure she that she's a real "objective" and "impartial" source on the matter.

    (Notice how I never in this debate said slavery was a 'value.')
    Then why are we discussing it?

    Frankly, so long as we're on the subject, it should be pointed out that the notion of labor without rights has never really gone away in first place. Military service, for instance, bear a string resemblence to slavery in many respects. This was especially the case back before they did away with the draft.

    Uh huh. And who establishes the norms?
    Objective reality. By definition, one cannot be a member of any minority group that only makes up slightly more or less than 1% of a given society's population and still be considered "normal."

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •