Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 443

Thread: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

  1. #151
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    I should have regard for mob mentality why exactly? Bigots are bigots, doesn't matter how many there are.
    Because in France that's how they express their democracy - through protest and riot. Been that way the last 60+ years I've been alive and it continues on. And unless you are a French citizen no one is asking you to have regard for anyone in this situation.

  2. #152
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Gay Marriage is not a Civil Right

    Gay Marriage is not real marriage

    It never will be



    Not even remotely close to the rest of humanity. Gay Marriage is not real marriage. It serves no social or economic purpose to humanity.

    But thank you for sharing
    Just because you say so,doesn't make it so.

    Maybe you got married to serve some "social or economic purpose" to humanity,but I got married to my wife because that was the woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.
    Me and Selena just doesn't give a crap what the rest of humanity thinks about our marriage.We don't need your approval,Bronson.We have each other,and that's all that matters to us.

    I don't know what goes on in your marriage,but in my marriage to Selena,we've endured good times,we endured bad times,we nursed each other through sickness, we raised three children (from my first marriage,Selena can't have children due to cancer)we argue with one another,we've had epic fights, doors have been slammed,couches slept on,we have passionate make up sex,we've laughed with each other,shed tears for one another,we've been faithful to one another,sometimes we are angry with one another,but at all time we love each other.
    Most of all,through thick and thin, we have each others back.
    That is what a REAL MARRIAGE is all about.
    Not some piece of paper or a word in a dictionary.
    Are you saying that Gay people are incapable of going through the things I described above?


    Are you aware of the many times I have stated on this forum that I own a catering and banquet hall business,and gay weddings put thousands and thousands of dollars into my own pocket.
    Money that is thus taxed by our government.

  3. #153
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    The civil unions ship sailed when 20 states passed Constitutional bans on them. Can you name one state that has repealed such a ban in a good faith attempt to "compromise"? You are right about one thing...you cannot legislate social acceptance. But social acceptance does come as more people see it is safe to come out to their family and friends because of legislation that protects gays.
    That's a good question and the answer has already been provided. What happened to civil union legislation, both state and federal, is an intense reaction to the push for homosexual marriage and nothing else will satisfy. You managed to rile up the opposition and pissed off many of those who would go for equal rights civil unions (calling them bigot and homophobes definitely doesn't help your cause).

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    At what point in the article did it say they were 'brainwashed?"
    Effectively heteronormative children came out of homosexual households as homosexual. You do the math.

    Secondly, we don't really know the cause of homosexuality, so neither of us can make a claim on how it might influence them versus genetics
    We know that homosexuals parents are more likely to raise homosexual children. Frankly, this is more than enough justification for the practice to be banned in my book.

    Why on earth would we ever need more homosexuals? What possible good could that do for society?

    I am not ignoring anything.
    You are denying that men are naturally evolved to be fathers and that women are naturally evolved to be mothers by implying that the sex of the parents in question does not matter.

    You would have to "ignore" quite a few objective facts to seriously believe any argument so certifibly false.

    What do you mean, no? That there aren't piss poor mothers/fathers, or that it doesn't depend on the individual?
    On average, a heterosexual male is going to make a much better father than a lesbian female. There might a few exceptions here and there, but that hardly changes the general rule.

    It also cuts both ways.

    A piss poor lesbian "father" is going to be far worse than the normal variety.

    It is neither unnecessary nor problematic. You're inventing problems.
    If a given thing has never existed before and society has gotten on just fine without it, it is by very definition "unnecessary."

    I have already given you several reasons why it is problematic. A same sex couple are never going to be as efficient a parenting team as a heterosexual couple.

    Tell that to all the kids who are raised by a healthy and loving gay couple.

    Tell it to this guy: Two Lesbians Raised a Baby and This Is What They Got - YouTube
    One example sets a trend?

    It's perfectly possible for a couple of drug addicts or satanic cultists to raise a more or less normal child. Should they be allowed to adopt as well?

    Finally, you draw out the traditional values card. I almost didn't think you would.
    It's a perfectly valid point. The Left's major goal in all of this is to destroy the traditional family unit. It always has been.

  5. #155
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Because in France that's how they express their democracy - through protest and riot. Been that way the last 60+ years I've been alive and it continues on. And unless you are a French citizen no one is asking you to have regard for anyone in this situation.
    Thread was made with the assumption that we do have regard for the mob mentality. The French do this over everything, so it's neither surprising nor a reflection on how the majority views gay marriage. It's not democracy at work, since those in favor aren't out there behaving this way. It only proves how pissed the losing side is.
    Last edited by chromium; 04-27-13 at 05:19 PM.

  6. #156
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Homosexuals lose all credibility when they refer to someone who disagrees with them as a "Bigot." Because someone believes that homosexuality and particularly homosexual marriage and adoption are improper and a negative for society, that person is a "Bigot?"

    Absolute nonsense.

    This sort of labeling is all part of the "Piling on" and "Shouting down" that comprises 99.9% of homosexual responses in open debate.

  7. #157
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Homosexuals lose all credibility when they refer to someone who disagrees with them as a "Bigot." Because someone believes that homosexuality and particularly homosexual marriage and adoption are improper and a negative for society, that person is a "Bigot?"

    Absolute nonsense.

    This sort of labeling is all part of the "Piling on" and "Shouting down" that comprises 99.9% of homosexual responses in open debate.
    So in other words,you are allowed to think and say what other people do is "bad", but no one is allowed to do the same to you?
    Why is that?

  8. #158
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,874
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Effectively heteronormative children came out of homosexual households as homosexual. You do the math.
    Schumm (The guy who made the study) used a meta-analysis of existing data from 10 books on gay parenting. That's an 11th grade reading assignment. Not to mention he skewed his data so that only self-identified gay and lesbian children would be labeled as such.


    We know that homosexuals parents are more likely to raise homosexual children.
    See above.

    Frankly, this is more than enough justification for the practice to be banned in my book.
    Wow.

    Why on earth would we ever need more homosexuals? What possible good could that do for society?
    What harm would it do?



    What?
    Mea cupla, it was a typo. I mean't to write 'data', not date.



    You are denying that men are naturally evolved to be fathers and that women are naturally evolved to be mothers. You would have to "ignore" quite a few objective facts to seriously believe any argument so certifibly false.
    I am not denying anything. I am pointing out that humans are an adaptable species, and as such are capable of taking on roles that are outside there biological 'norms'.




    On average, a heterosexual male is going to make a much better father than a lesbian female. There might a few exceptions here and there, but that hardly changes the general rule.

    It also cuts both ways.

    A piss poor lesbian "father" is going to be far worse than the normal variety.
    You seem so certain. Mind posting a link that proves your point?



    If a given thing has never existed before and society has gotten on just fin without it, it is be very definition "unnecessary."
    Just fine? What the ****? We didn't abolish slavery until the 1860's, and it took another hundred years to end segregation. Women didn't get the right to vote until less than a century ago. How the hell is that "just fin"?

    I have already given you several reasons why it is problematic. A same sex couple are never going to be as efficient a parenting team as a heterosexual couple.
    You have not. What you have given me is vague talking points and no real rationale for your view.

    And I have posted data that disproves your second point. Do you want me to re-link it?

    One example sets a trend?
    He is not the only one.


    It's perfectly possible for a couple of drug addicts or satanic cultists to raise a more or less normal child. Should they be allowed to adopt as well?
    Are you honestly comparing drug addicts and cultists to a gay couple? seriously?



    It's a perfectly valid point. The Left's major goal in all of this is to destroy the traditional family unit. It always has been.
    Oh please, get off your high horse. "Traditional family' is just a buzz word social conservatives throw around to try to add emotional appeal to their arguments. It hasn't worked before, and It won't work now.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  9. #159
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    So in other words,you are allowed to think and say what other people do is "bad", but no one is allowed to do the same to you?
    Why is that?
    Huh? Labelling folks you don't know as bigots is not the same as saying their arguments against your bias are bad.

  10. #160
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    So in other words,you are allowed to think and say what other people do is "bad", but no one is allowed to do the same to you?
    Why is that?
    Post your example from this thread where someone on the other side of the issue stated the equivalent of calling you a bigot or any other name.
    Last edited by Ray410; 04-27-13 at 05:39 PM.

Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •