Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 443

Thread: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

  1. #141
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,874
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Agan, lack of depth in the field where this particular area of study is concerned.

    Openly homosexual households with children were virtually unheard of before the 1970s. They are still hardly common today.

    The claim that we can have anywhere near enough data compiled to make any kind of definitive statement on the merits of homosexual parenting after such a short period (using such a limited sample) is completely laughable.
    The 1970's were 40 years ago. From birth to adulthood is 18 years. Add another 10 and we still have an acceptable timeframe to conduct a longitudinal study.

    Trouble fitting in with one's peer group, feelings of alienation and inadequacy, possibly a certain degree of gender confusion, etca, etca...
    The 1980's well established that children and adolescents can adjust just as well in nontraditional settings as in traditional settings, as proven in this PDF: http://www.glad.org/uploads/docs/cas...a-aff-lamb.pdf

    You have shown nothing of the kind.
    On the contrary. The 3 studies I originally linked proved my point.


    I wouldn't let them adopt, if that's what you mean.
    alright.



    Nonsense. There are mountains of data to suggest that input from both genders is essential to parenting.
    Incorrect. At best for your case, there should be a father figure and a mother figure. Not necessarily a mother and father, but figures that represents both



    Furthermore, there are lot of conditions specific to the development of each gender that an opposite gender homosexual parent would have no experience with.
    Nothing that they can't learn about.


    What would a gay man know about periods? What would a lesbian know about wet dreams?
    Nothing that they can't learn about.



    Again, because the last several million years of evolutionary history make no difference what-so-ever, right?
    Tell ya what, why don't you actually give me a specific reason and stop repeating it over and over again, hmm?



    Bull****. If you want to suggest that tradition is wrong, you're going to have to provide some serious evidence to support that conclusion.
    Are you ****ing serious? Holy ****, that's a hilariously stupid argument.

    Did you even think that one out?

    Here's an idea: For hundreds of years, it was "tradition' to read, write, whatever by candle light. Does that mean we should **** Edison and say "No Lightbulbs!"

    Or how about slavery? For a thousand years humanity kept slaves. Should we keep slaves just because we've been doing it for so long?

    Saying that we shouldn't change things just because we're not used to them is ****ing idiotic argument.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    The 1970's were 40 years ago. From birth to adulthood is 18 years. Add another 10 and we still have an acceptable timeframe to conduct a longitudinal study.
    One (again, incredibly tiny) generation does not a convincing case study for a whole society make.

    The 1980's well established that children and adolescents can adjust just as well in nontraditional settings as in traditional settings, as proven in this PDF: http://www.glad.org/uploads/docs/cas...a-aff-lamb.pdf
    And what about the following?

    Children of Homosexuals More Apt to be Homosexuals

    Incorrect. At best for your case, there should be a father figure and a mother figure. Not necessarily a mother and father, but figures that represents both
    And who better to be a mother or father figure than an actual mother or father? Why do boys raised in technically "singleparent" households with a mother and grandmother still tend to suffer from behavioral problems?

    I know the socio-cultural Left is loathe to admit it, but the simple fact of the matter that there are objective differences between the genders. A man or woman might be able to fill a certain role if it is absolutely necessary, but they are never going to be able to do so as effectively as someone of the opposite gender would normally be able to do.

    They would only ever be a rough approximation at best.

    Nothing that they can't learn about.

    Nothing that they can't learn about.
    Why bother? Why "fix" what isn't broken?

    There is absolutely no objective reason why homosexuals should need to raise children; particularly if it's just going to wind up being more trouble than it's worth in the longrun. Why put children at risk?

    Are you ****ing serious? Holy ****, that's a hilariously stupid argument.

    Did you even think that one out?

    Here's an idea: For hundreds of years, it was "tradition' to read, write, whatever by candle light. Does that mean we should **** Edison and say "No Lightbulbs!"

    Or how about slavery? For a thousand years humanity kept slaves. Should we keep slaves just because we've been doing it for so long?

    Saying that we shouldn't change things just because we're not used to them is ****ing idiotic argument.
    The argument you have just put forward has been used to support failed ideologies ranging anywhere from eugenics to red communism.

    The simple fact of the matter is that, if things have been done a certain way for thousands of years, there is likely a very good reason for it. If you want to change things, the burden of proof is going to be on you to demonstrate why your proposal is more workable than the already established system.

  3. #143
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,790

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Adoption is not an equal rights issue. There is very real concern over the question of whether homosexual households provide an emotionally and developmentally healthy environment for growing children.

    There have been a wide variety of studies in recent years suggesting that children who are raised without role models of both genders tend to be predisposed to a wide variety of social and behavioral problems later in life.

    Witherspoon Institute - Men Don't Mother

    You cannot toss the last several million years of human evolution out the window just because it doesn't agree with your ideological views.

    Frankly, how many gay couples actually want to adopt children anyway? I'd assume that they are something of a minority. In a group that only makes up 2-4% of any given population in the first place, that's saying quite a bit.
    the vast majority of studys and majority of child/youth/medical orgs have already said the best model is TWO parents period. All other things being equal two parents (aunt/older sister, uncle/mother, grandma/mother, dad/aunt, mother/mother, dad/dad etc etc)

    two loving parents and thats the best, so sorry your are wrong and you are letting your biased show.
    "several million years of evolution"
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    I actually view this as being the only redeeming aspect of the declining power and influence of Western Civilization.

    We might very well be doomed to be supplanted and eventually overrun by the growing economic, military, and cultural powerhouses of the East. However, with any luck, when we eventually do wind up going the way of the Romans and Byzantines, the, quite frankly, cancerous socio-political views which have so marred our culture for the last century might very well die with us.

    That, at least, is a comforting thought.
    Yes, I can sympathize with the way America has become and it is doubtful that the next generation can turn it around. In fact the next generation will most likely bring their own cultures with them as there are fewer traditional American families raising their 1.2 children.

    Americans, once a proud gathering of people from around the world, now actually look to the most ignorant on the planet as to how they should behave, and describe a terrorist who murdered Americans as a 'hottie'. I sent this to another poster but you may like what is said about American response to terror as well.The Collapsing of the American Skull | National Review Online

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    There is absolutely no objective reason why homosexuals should need to raise children;
    That's an interesting point.

  6. #146
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,790

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    There is absolutely no objective reason why homosexuals should need to raise children; particularly if it's just going to wind up being more trouble than it's worth in the longrun. Why put children at risk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That's an interesting point.
    except the same could be said about heterosexual couples looking to adopt
    and his second point is simply not true, theres nothing that says children will be at any higher risk than children being rasied by heteros

    so after both his points fail its not interesting at all unless of course the point is why should ANYBODY be allowed to adopt lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #147
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,874
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    One (again, incredibly tiny) generation does not a convincing case study for a whole society make.
    When the overall group size is 'incredibly tiny', yes, it does.


    Interesting. But, I fail to see how it supports your original point. How is that a bad thing?



    And who better to be a mother or father figure than an actual mother or father?
    In a perfect world...


    Why do boys raised in technically "singleparent" households with a mother and grandmother still tend to suffer from behavioral problems?
    How is it single parent if there's a mother?

    but the simple fact of the matter that there are objective differences between the genders.
    Holy **** Sherlock, are you serious?

    A man or woman might be able to fill a certain role if it is absolutely necessary, but they are never going to be able to do so as effectively as someone of the opposite gender would normally be able to do.
    That's entirely dependent on the individual. There are such things as a piss poor mother or father.



    Why bother? Why "fix" what isn't broken?
    It's not a fix, it's a helpful addition.

    There is absolutely no objective reason why homosexuals should need to raise children;
    There's a lot of things we don't need that we still do, because it's in our best interest.

    particularly if it's just going to wind up being more trouble than it's worth in the longrun. Why put children at risk?
    Accept it's not trouble, and it's not putting kids at risk.


    The argument you have just put forward has been used to support failed ideologies ranging anywhere from eugenics to red communism.
    And also succesful ideologies like the concept of individual liberty and popular sovereignty. Your point?

    The simple fact of the matter is that, if things have been done a certain way for thousands of years, there is likely a very good reason for it.
    Perhaps conditions prevented there from being another option or the ability to do something different had yet to be discovered.

    If you want to change things, the burden of proof is going to be on you to demonstrate why your proposal is more workable than the already established system.
    That's not what I'm arguing. I support SSM because it is a helpful addition to the situation, not because I'm looking to replace it.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    and you will always be free to have that OPINION, even once equal rights is granted
    Gay Marriage is not a Civil Right

    Gay Marriage is not real marriage

    It never will be

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    That's your opinion.Thank you for sharing,but please understand if the rest of humanity prefers not to let you do our thinking for us.You're just not that important to the Universe that we automatically have to agree with you.
    Not even remotely close to the rest of humanity. Gay Marriage is not real marriage. It serves no social or economic purpose to humanity.

    But thank you for sharing

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    Interesting. But, I fail to see how it supports your original point. How is that a bad thing?
    You don't see how tossing a child into an environment that might possibly result in their being effectively "brainwashed" into a certain sexual orientation that they wouldn't have taken up otherwise is questionable?

    Remember, these are adopted children we are talking about here. They wouldn't necessarily have a genetic predisposition towards homosexuality inherited from the parents in question.

    How is it single parent if there's a mother?
    I was referring to households which included a mother and grandmother.

    Holy **** Sherlock, are you serious?
    You tell me. You're the one who's blatantly ignoring the perfectly obvious here.

    That's entirely dependent on the individual. There are such things as a piss poor mother or father.
    Simply put, no. The simple fact of the matter is that, on a generalized basis, a heterosexual male is always going to make for a better father figure than a lesbian female, and vice versa where gay men are concerned.

    It's not a fix, it's a helpful addition.
    It is an unncecessary and problematic "addition" to an institution which frankly needs no change that is being pursued in the interests of P.C. social vanity rather than any sense of rational concern.

    There's a lot of things we don't need that we still do, because it's in our best interest.
    Homosexuals raising children is in absolutely no one's "best interests." It is a far Left vanity project aimed primarily at subverting traditional values, nothing more.

    Perhaps conditions prevented there from being another option or the ability to do something different had yet to be discovered.
    And the burden of proof would still be on you to prove that the new way of doing things is any better.

  10. #150
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,874
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paris Riots After Gay Marriage Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    You don't see how tossing a child into an environment that might possibly result in their being effectively "brainwashed" into a certain sexual orientation that they wouldn't have taken up otherwise is questionable?

    Remember, these are adopted children we are talking about here. They wouldn't necessarily have a genetic predisposition towards homosexuality inherited from the parents in question.
    At what point in the article did it say they were 'brainwashed?"

    Secondly, we don't really know the cause of homosexuality, so neither of us can make a claim on how it might influence them versus genetics



    I was referring to households which included a mother and grandmother.
    Where's the date for this?


    You tell me. You're the one who's blatantly ignoring the perfectly obvious here.
    I am not ignoring anything.



    Simply put, no. The simple fact of the matter is that, on a generalized basis, a heterosexual male is always going to make for a better father figure than a lesbian female, and vice versa where gay men are concerned.
    What do you mean, no? That there aren't piss poor mothers/fathers, or that it doesn't depend on the individual?




    It is an unncecessary and problematic "addition" to an institution which frankly needs no change pursued in the interests of P.C. social vanity rather than rational concern.
    It is neither unnecessary nor problematic. You're inventing problems.

    No change? you just posted a link to an article that talked all about how kids in single parent households are worse off.

    Homosexuals raising children is absolutely no one's "best interests."
    Tell that to all the kids who are raised by a healthy and loving gay couple.

    Tell it to this guy: Two Lesbians Raised a Baby and This Is What They Got - YouTube

    It is a far Left vanity project aimed primarily at subverting traditional values, nothing more.
    Finally, you draw out the traditional values card. I almost didn't think you would.

    And the burden of proof would still be on you to prove that the new way of doing things is any better.
    I haven't already proven that Gays can raise children quite fine in the first response to you.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •