Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 115

Thread: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

  1. #41
    Professor Knowledge=power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-23-14 @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,398

    Re: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    That would be the big government solution, yes. Optimal? Of course not. Probably the least efficient/intelligent one.
    Not including the billions spent on an endless war, here is $6.5 Billion in needless spending which could go towards a wall.

    $75,000 to promote awareness about the role Michigan plays in producing Christmas trees & poinsettias.

    $15.3 million for one of the infamous Bridges to Nowhere in Alaska.

    $113,227 for video game preservation center in New York.

    $550,000 for a documentary about how rock music contributed to the collapse of the Soviet Union.

    $48,700 for 2nd annual Hawaii Chocolate Festival, to promote Hawaii's chocolate industry.

    $350,000 to support an International Art Exhibition in Venice, Italy.

    $10 million for a remake of "Sesame Street" for Pakistan.

    $35 million allocated for political party conventions in 2012.

    $765,828 to subsidize "pancakes for yuppies" in the nation's capital.

    $764,825 to study how college students use mobile devices for social networking.


    Blog: Coburn releases list of most wasteful government spending

    Least efficient / intelligent?

    A wall which could not be climbed or dug under would be the absolute most efficient way possible to prevent illegal immigration. Obviously, the current system is not working. I challenge you to propose a more efficient solution. Heightened intelligence is not even required for this issue, it's simple.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,237

    Re: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    Only because the system makes them criminals in the first place. That's circular logic.

    Immigration should be legal, you shouldn't have to jump through all these hoops.
    I suppose then, you would be OK with China shipping over a billion of their people to our shores, if we opened the gates.

  3. #43
    Professor Knowledge=power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-23-14 @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,398

    Re: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Remove the opportunity for them to work, and they will self deport. I say offer them a free ticket to a destination of choice to help them leave. The only law enforcement effort aimed at immigration should be against employers who give them jobs.
    Sadly, much of them are day laborers. They gather on the side of the road and wait for people to pick them up to paint a house or do yardwork or build something for an abysmal wage. I've personally seen 100-150 on one street waiting. Law enforcement should be more vigilant.

  4. #44
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

    ...................

  5. #45
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    No, not for the "government owes me everything" people. They wouldn't survive no matter what the conditions are.



    Not necessarily.

    From what we're seeing in the news recently with people losing their jobs in these organizations, yes!

  6. #46
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    What are you talking about?

    I was agreeing with you. Hence the "really"

    the second half of my post was not directed at you.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,237

    Re: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge=power View Post
    Sadly, much of them are day laborers. They gather on the side of the road and wait for people to pick them up to paint a house or do yardwork or build something for an abysmal wage. I've personally seen 100-150 on one street waiting. Law enforcement should be more vigilant.
    Yes, and the people picking them up should be charged.

    We had an individual where I live take photos and publish the construction contractors picking them up. It helped shame the construction companies, but hasn't stopped it.

    We need to make this practice illegal and fine these businesses.

  8. #48
    Professor Knowledge=power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-23-14 @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,398

    Re: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Yes, and the people picking them up should be charged.

    We had an individual where I live take photos and publish the construction contractors picking them up. It helped shame the construction companies, but hasn't stopped it.

    We need to make this practice illegal and fine these businesses.
    Indeed. People only do things repeatedly if they keep getting away with it.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    09-02-13 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,208

    Re: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge=power View Post
    Not including the billions spent on an endless war, here is $6.5 Billion in needless spending which could go towards a wall.

    • $75,000 to promote awareness about the role Michigan plays in producing Christmas trees & poinsettias.

    • $15.3 million for one of the infamous Bridges to Nowhere in Alaska.

    • $113,227 for video game preservation center in New York.

    • $550,000 for a documentary about how rock music contributed to the collapse of the Soviet Union.

    • $48,700 for 2nd annual Hawaii Chocolate Festival, to promote Hawaii's chocolate industry.

    • $350,000 to support an International Art Exhibition in Venice, Italy.

    • $10 million for a remake of "Sesame Street" for Pakistan.

    • $35 million allocated for political party conventions in 2012.

    • $765,828 to subsidize "pancakes for yuppies" in the nation's capital.

    • $764,825 to study how college students use mobile devices for social networking.


    Blog: Coburn releases list of most wasteful government spending

    Least efficient / intelligent?
    "Let's divert other wasteful spending into this wasteful spending." Sorry, all wasteful big government programs are the same to me, I don't make exceptions.

    Quote Originally Posted by knowledge=power
    A wall which could not be climbed or dug under would be the absolute most efficient way possible to prevent illegal immigration. Obviously, the current system is not working. I challenge you to propose a more efficient solution. Heightened intelligence is not even required for this issue, it's simple.
    Wrong, a better way would be to legalize the immigration process and make it easier to get here, as we did when the Irish and Germans came. It's the most efficient solution.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    09-02-13 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,208

    Re: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    From what we're seeing in the news recently with people losing their jobs in these organizations, yes!
    Nope. The actions of one church do not speak for all churches, sorry try again!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •