Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 115

Thread: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    09-02-13 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,208

    Re: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge=power View Post
    Not usually ain't good'nuff.
    No, not for the "government owes me everything" people. They wouldn't survive no matter what the conditions are.

    Quote Originally Posted by madman
    But once you are outted, you get booted from the club
    Not necessarily.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,349

    Re: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    Yep, immigration should be legal.
    Immigration is legal, but they circumvent the system making them criminals.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    09-02-13 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,208

    Re: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Somalia doesn't have a string government. Why do you want to make the U.S. like Somalia?
    Anarchy in Somalia - Robert P. Murphy - Mises Daily
    BBC News - How does Somalia function at all?

    Was Somalia a bastion of freedom and prosperity prior to the collapse of the central government? Am I missing something here?

  4. #34
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,349

    Re: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    So far, they're just legalizing youth who were brought here as children, at east that's what they say. Once they get on the amnesty bandwagon for good, we'll see a big increase in illegal immigration.

    At least, that's what happened the last time it was tried.
    Yep.

    I don't have a problem with allowing kids brought here by their parents to share the abundance this nation can offer. I however, am a firm believer that you do not even talk about such measures until illegal immigration is under control.

  5. #35
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,886
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    What I was trying to get at is my ancestors came off the boat, were checked for any diseases, and were waived right on in. Pretty much were told "Thanks for coming and good luck". I don't see why it should be any different today.
    You should read up on that time if you think this is all that happened, unless of course they had money. Generally anyone not rich had to go through quite a process to be allowed in the country legally. From medical tests to acceptable social dogma, such as a woman not being allowed to enter the US unless she had a male escort. Many people were turned back for even the hint of some "disease" and many other reasons.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    09-02-13 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,208

    Re: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Immigration is legal, but they circumvent the system making them criminals.
    Only because the system makes them criminals in the first place. That's circular logic.

    Immigration should be legal, you shouldn't have to jump through all these hoops.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    09-02-13 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,208

    Re: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge=power View Post
    There should be a nationwide deportation of all illegal immigrants, however long it takes to round them up, and a huge ****ing wall should be constructed with armed guards on it. No more illegal immigration problem.

    Try sneaking into North Korea for example, see how they treat you. We are too nice about this.
    That would be the big government solution, yes. Optimal? Of course not. Probably the least efficient/intelligent one.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    09-02-13 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,208

    Re: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Yep.

    I don't have a problem with allowing kids brought here by their parents to share the abundance this nation can offer. I however, am a firm believer that you do not even talk about such measures until illegal immigration is under control.
    We could solve the "problem" of illegal immigration by legalizing the process and not making criminals out of innocent people.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,349

    Re: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge=power View Post
    There should be a nationwide deportation of all illegal immigrants, however long it takes to round them up, and a huge ****ing wall should be constructed with armed guards on it. No more illegal immigration problem.

    Try sneaking into North Korea for example, see how they treat you. We are too nice about this.
    Remove the opportunity for them to work, and they will self deport. I say offer them a free ticket to a destination of choice to help them leave. The only law enforcement effort aimed at immigration should be against employers who give them jobs.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,349

    Re: 99.5% Of Illegal Immigrants Get Approval For Legal Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    You should read up on that time if you think this is all that happened, unless of course they had money. Generally anyone not rich had to go through quite a process to be allowed in the country legally. From medical tests to acceptable social dogma, such as a woman not being allowed to enter the US unless she had a male escort. Many people were turned back for even the hint of some "disease" and many other reasons.
    And what's wrong with that? We already have too many people on government assistance Now if you wish to sponsor a poor immigrant, and pay his way, have at it. Put your money where your mouth is. Not tax payer money.

    Keep in mind also. Every job an illegal takes in one less job for a citizen or legal immigrant to take. If employers cannot find people at the wages they offer, they will simply have to raise their wages. We could also mandate that citizens on public assistance who are able bodied workers take these jobs, else lose or get reduced assistance. I prefer the supply and demand approach however.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •