Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 523

Thread: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors [W:24]

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    So under this logic we can charge the NRA and gun dealers with negligence also? Oh yeah, the right does not like their hypocricy pointed out.
    Planned Parenthood needs to have all subsidies it receives from the Government revoked immediately

  2. #42
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Planned Parenthood needs to have all subsidies it receives from the Government revoked immediately
    their millions of patients would probably disagree with that.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #43
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,645

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Actually a newborn has the reproductive organs, which is all thats necessary for the definition of life to apply. I never said that they had to immediately be able to reproduce. Hence the reason that I said "have the ability to reproduce".
    Hah, no. You just made that up. Asexual organisms have no sexual organs... aren't they alive?

    Also, even accepting this ridiculous argument creates problems for you: Human genitals begin to form in week 6. Is it alive then?



    And no, splitting into twins does not mean that it is "reproducing". In order to reproduce it has to come from one or more seperate entities creating a second or more entity. Edit: Unless you are contending that an egg is an entity?
    Yes, I am contending it is an entity since it is easily differentiated from the mother by DNA.

  4. #44
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,872

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors [W:24]

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    The sources for this seem dubious at best, and if I had to put money on it, I'd bet they are taking something completely out of context, but if planned parenthood knew exactly what was going on and didn't report it then they really should fire anyone who knew and didn't report.

    But I highly doubt it.
    Apparently, Pennsylvania law doesn't require reporting, so it's not a question, I guess, of legality. (Re the larger issue which is a systemic failure of the state's/city's health departments to follow up on inspections and etc., this is a matter of real incompetence.) Should PP have been ethically bound as its employees heard from women what was going on in the Gosnell clinic? Yes.

    The primary source of the bit I quoted in the OP from Fox and Hot Air was LifeNews. I can see that for some, this would obviously be suspect. But before I posted the OP, I checked. If you did, then you know that multiple sources have reported on what Steinberg said at the fundraising event. It's quoted. If you think the quotes are made up, offer evidence. Has Steinberg, for example, denied that she said what has been widely quoted? Easy enough to verify, so do it.

    If you can't, then please stop shooting the messengers, which include the Wall Street Journal, a legit source whether you share its POV or not.

  5. #45
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors [W:24]

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Apparently, Pennsylvania law doesn't require reporting, so it's not a question, I guess, of legality. (Re the larger issue which is a systemic failure of the state's/city's health departments to follow up on inspections and etc., this is a matter of real incompetence.) Should PP have been ethically bound as its employees heard from women what was going on in the Gosnell clinic? Yes.

    The primary source of the bit I quoted in the OP from Fox and Hot Air was LifeNews. I can see that for some, this would obviously be suspect. But before I posted the OP, I checked. If you did, then you know that multiple sources have reported on what Steinberg said at the fundraising event. It's quoted. If you think the quotes are made up, offer evidence. Has Steinberg, for example, denied that she said what has been widely quoted? Easy enough to verify, so do it.

    If you can't, then please stop shooting the messengers, which include the Wall Street Journal, a legit source whether you share its POV or not.
    the question still remains what does PP factually have to do with this?
    if they didnt have real evidence they werent obligated to do anything in a case like this especially since it was not their facilities.
    Now if they did have evidence then id be 100% on board but that doesnt seem to be the case yet
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #46
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Hah, no. You just made that up. Asexual organisms have no sexual organs... aren't they alive?

    Also, even accepting this ridiculous argument creates problems for you: Human genitals begin to form in week 6. Is it alive then?





    Yes, I am contending it is an entity since it is easily differentiated from the mother by DNA.
    The constitution does not protect "entities". It protects "persons"

    A fetus is not a person. It is not protected.

    Abortion is legal, and will remain so.

    Get over it
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #47
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors [W:24]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    the question still remains what does PP factually have to do with this?
    if they didnt have real evidence they werent obligated to do anything in a case like this especially since it was not their facilities.
    Now if they did have evidence then id be 100% on board but that doesnt seem to be the case yet
    What were they going to report? "Someone said something bad about Gosnell"???

    That's absurd. PP couldn't reveal the name of its' clients (HIPAA) so all they had was hearsay.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #48
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors [W:24]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    What were they going to report? "Someone said something bad about Gosnell"???

    That's absurd. PP couldn't reveal the name of its' clients (HIPAA) so all they had was hearsay.
    thats what i asked in post 34, i dont get it?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #49
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Technically, if you're going by the definition of life, A ZEF is not alive. In order to be alive it must be able to reproduce or have the ability to reproduce. A zygote has no organs that can be deemed for the use of reproducing. Semantics...but true none the less.
    You really need to think harder about this. You're denying quite a few productive, tax paying individuals the designation of being alive.

  10. #50
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors [W:24]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    What were they going to report?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent J
    thats what i asked in post 34, i dont get it?
    On that front it's really kind of simple...nota already did the research that it isn't law to report in PA, (I don't think that is proper) but be that the case there is an ethical component to this...If a Doctor at PP, was aware that Gosnell was killing live babies in his clinic then as a physician he has an obligation to report it.

    We have laws in this country that if you know of a crime being committed and you don't report it, then you are also guilty of a crime....It's called accessory.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •