Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 523

Thread: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors [W:24]

  1. #31
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,160

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors [W:24]

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Steinem stresses reproductive rights at Planned Parenthood gathering - Philly.com

    Here is actual source, which you can get to by clicking on the link in the OP, then on a link on life news.

    If the PP President was made aware of complaints about this guy, it doesn't mean he knew about it until Gosnell got busted. However, it does mean that someone that works for PP eventually told him the story about getting complaints re: Gosnell.

    Therefore, you can make the statement: PP knew about the Gosnell problems, but didn't report it themselves.
    Cheers for that.

    Well, then it gets into another thing I mentioned in my post: what do you expect some other company to do with secondhand information? Seriously. And what kind of information were they getting? Was it "I didn't like him," or "the nurse didn't wear gloves," or was it something more serious? These are women who opted not to get services from Gosnell's clinic and went elsewhere. So what did they see?

    But fundamentally, PP told them to do the right thing. Who are they going to call and simply say, "I hear this clinic sucks?"

    Is it possible someone at PP fell done on the job? Maybe. But if they did, it was someone "on the ground," so to speak, and we have no idea what kind of information they had. But from the sounds of things, not much. And they also don't have much ability or responsibility to do anything about it either.

    Inspections and citizens have the job of keeping businesses honest. Both failed here. Some other business is not the problem.

  2. #32
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors [W:24]

    This trial will bring out the facts, but I'm pretty sure such activities as went on in the Gosnell clinic were known outside the clinic, if not widely at least beyond those who worked there. No human being who worked there could possibly keep quiet about what they witnessed and it's likely workers told friends/family and those who were abused while using their services would have likely shared knowledge with others as well.

    I don't see this as a condemnation of Planned Parenthood - they have other problems you could focus on - and a case against this doctor and his practice would have been long in the making. It is doubtful any one call to police or other authorities would have triggered action but the cumulative effect likely would have and did.

  3. #33
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Care to put forth your argument rationally for why an unborn child is not human?

    Because it doesn't have human DNA? Nope.

    Because it doesn't meet the biological definition of life? Nope.

    So why is it not a human life?
    Technically, if you're going by the definition of life, A ZEF is not alive. In order to be alive it must be able to reproduce or have the ability to reproduce. A zygote has no organs that can be deemed for the use of reproducing. Semantics...but true none the less.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #34
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors [W:24]

    still reading thorugh all this but the original post seems like a complete failure for now, but that could change.

    Why would PP report about Gosnell without proof?
    What would the report say? based on who or what facts?

    just curious, im looking for information of what suppossedly PP actually knew.

    This weekend i heard some guy i know, not really friends just know is a wife beater. I have no evidence its just a story i was told. Should i report him, assume its true, etc

    this is what im getting at.

    Now if one of PP's own facilities were in question then yes they should investigate their own facility but not somebody else's .

    ill wait to see if i find more or anybody as has more because currently bringing up PP in this case seems illogical.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #35
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    675

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors [W:24]

    " In order to be alive it must be able to reproduce or have the ability to reproduce."

    Does a six month old human have the ability to reproduce?

  6. #36
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Technically, if you're going by the definition of life, A ZEF is not alive. In order to be alive it must be able to reproduce or have the ability to reproduce. A zygote has no organs that can be deemed for the use of reproducing. Semantics...but true none the less.
    That is a terrible interpretation of the Reproduction criteria. If we assume that the immediate ability to procreate is what that criteria means then by your argument no child is alive until puberty.

    More to the point, at the moment of conception that one fertilized egg has the potential to split into identical twins, essentially meeting the criteria for reproduction from the moment of fertilization.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    El Monte, California
    Last Seen
    07-05-13 @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,471

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    So under this logic we can charge the NRA and gun dealers with negligence also? Oh yeah, the right does not like their hypocricy pointed out.
    lolwut?

  8. #38
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    That is a terrible interpretation of the Reproduction criteria. If we assume that the immediate ability to procreate is what that criteria means then by your argument no child is alive until puberty.

    More to the point, at the moment of conception that one fertilized egg has the potential to split into identical twins, essentially meeting the criteria for reproduction from the moment of fertilization.
    Actually a newborn has the reproductive organs, which is all thats necessary for the definition of life to apply. I never said that they had to immediately be able to reproduce. Hence the reason that I said "have the ability to reproduce".

    And no, splitting into twins does not mean that it is "reproducing". In order to reproduce it has to come from one or more seperate entities creating a second or more entity. Edit: Unless you are contending that an egg is an entity?
    Last edited by Kal'Stang; 04-23-13 at 04:20 PM.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #39
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,560
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors

    All definitions of life that rely on function are doomed to exclude non-functional adults from the living.
    Last edited by LowDown; 04-23-13 at 04:23 PM.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  10. #40
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors [W:24]

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    "...Planned Parenthood Southeast Pennsylvania president and CEO Dayle Steinberg admitted this week at a fundraiser that the abortion business knew of the problems at Gosnell’s Philadelphia abortion facility.

    Apparently Planned Parenthood did not report it to the state health department or other state or local officials who could have done something about it. Instead, it appears the abortion giant left it up to women Gosnell injured or traumatized to make public officials aware of his House of Horrors." Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors | Dr. Kermit Gosnell | Fox Nation

    Here is part of what Steinberg said at Planned Parenthood Pennsylvania's Spring Gathering:

    “The Gosnell trial has shifted the focus off the high-quality services we provide,” said Dayle Steinberg, the organization’s president and chief executive. “These are criminal, horrendous . . . acts and should be appropriately punished. ...We would always encourage them to report it to the Department of Health." Gosnell worker testifies to seeing baby make swimming motion in toilet « Hot Air

    PP was not required to report Gosnell...but why didn't they anyway when they knew what he was doing? Why did they leave it to individual women who had been patients to contact the Dept. of Health?

    Suggests collusion to me.
    And here's another example of how the moral fascists who want to ban abortion demonstrate the moral "superiority" of their position by lying about Planned Parenthood, which never said it knew what Gosnell was doing.

    The moral fascists have no morals or their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •