Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 523

Thread: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors [W:24]

  1. #21
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,572
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd View Post
    Newborns are not independently living 'creatures' either. Without proper care they die. So at what point is it appropriate to stop killing babies that cannot support themselves?
    Oh, the monsters among us!

    My 26 year old cousin isn't an independent living creature, either. He's sponging off of my Aunt. Can I kill him?

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  2. #22
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,174

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors

    Sorry, I'm going to need an actual source.

    The Fox link just goes to LifeNews, which I trust about as much as MediaMatters or InfoWars, which is to say about 80% less than Fox, which I don't trust very much to begin with.

    But talking about whether I trust information from LifeNews is jumping the gun, since the link provides no information anyway. There are no quotes. It doesn't even specify *what* PP supposedly knew. It says the statements were made at a fundraiser, so I clicked the link to THAT article, and guess what? It goes to yet another LifeNews article, and it doesn't mention anything about anyone at PP being aware of Gosnell's actions.

    So as of yet, you haven't provided any facts.

    Even that being the case, PP is not the police department. What exactly was anyone expecting them to do about a facility that isn't theirs with nothing but secondhand information?

    But that's not even worth going into until you provide actual evidence that this even happened. Right now, it looks like some sort of rumor invented from thin air by LifeNews.
    Last edited by SmokeAndMirrors; 04-23-13 at 09:44 AM.

  3. #23
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Fell free to shut up and stay on topic.

    At least learn to spell the words that you use - Lord have mercy.
    ^ Junk message

  4. #24
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors

    Moderator's Warning:
    Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors [W:24]Let's cut the baiting and flaming focus on individuals and stick to the topic.

  5. #25
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Not living creatures of their own, but keep trying that sad emotional argument when you have no rational one.
    Care to put forth your argument rationally for why an unborn child is not human?

    Because it doesn't have human DNA? Nope.

    Because it doesn't meet the biological definition of life? Nope.

    So why is it not a human life?

  6. #26
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    How idiotic. The NRA does not cover up gun crime, it advocates for stopping it and prosecuting it.
    Actually the NRA seems more in favor of shooting those who engage in it.


    Either way, not exactly a stunning endorsement of the failed logic of trying to claim that they ignore it.

  7. #27
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors [W:24]

    The sources for this seem dubious at best, and if I had to put money on it, I'd bet they are taking something completely out of context, but if planned parenthood knew exactly what was going on and didn't report it then they really should fire anyone who knew and didn't report.

    But I highly doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  8. #28
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    How idiotic. The NRA does not cover up gun crime, it advocates for stopping it and prosecuting it.
    They advocate stopping gun crime while at the same time supporting all policies that make it harder for the government to actually prosecute those crimes. Because they are terrified of registries, or of gun sellers having to keep records etc, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  9. #29
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors

    Moderator's Warning:
    Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors [W:24]Perhaps the last warning didn't make it clear enough.

    This thread isn't about guns. A poster attempts to derail it and a bunch are taking the bait. Next person who continues to try to turn this into "Gun Control debate #257209" is going to get booted and points.

    The topic is in the OP. If you disagree with the stories legitimacy, then comment on that. If you disagree with the reported action, comment on that. If you wish to try and comment one way or another on the action, comment on that. If you want to talk about Gun Registries take it to an appropriate thread

  10. #30
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:34 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,888

    Re: Planned Parenthood Knew of Gosnell's Abortion Horrors [W:24]

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    The sources for this seem dubious at best, and if I had to put money on it, I'd bet they are taking something completely out of context, but if planned parenthood knew exactly what was going on and didn't report it then they really should fire anyone who knew and didn't report.

    But I highly doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Sorry, I'm going to need an actual source.

    The Fox link just goes to LifeNews, which I trust about as much as MediaMatters or InfoWars, which is to say about 80% less than Fox, which I don't trust very much to begin with.

    But talking about whether I trust information from LifeNews is jumping the gun, since the link provides no information anyway. There are no quotes. It doesn't even specify *what* PP supposedly knew. It says the statements were made at a fundraiser, so I clicked the link to THAT article, and guess what? It goes to yet another LifeNews article, and it doesn't mention anything about anyone at PP being aware of Gosnell's actions.

    So as of yet, you haven't provided any facts.

    Even that being the case, PP is not the police department. What exactly was anyone expecting them to do about a facility that isn't theirs with nothing but secondhand information?

    But that's not even worth going into until you provide actual evidence that this even happened. Right now, it looks like some sort of rumor invented from thin air by LifeNews.

    Steinem stresses reproductive rights at Planned Parenthood gathering - Philly.com

    Here is actual source, which you can get to by clicking on the link in the OP, then on a link on life news.

    Steinberg said that when Gosnell was in practice, women would sometimes come to Planned Parenthood for services after first visiting Gosnell's West Philadelphia clinic, and would complain to staff about the conditions there.

    "We would always encourage them to report it to the Department of Health," Steinberg said as she sat with Steinem before Tuesday's events.

    Of the Gosnell trial, Steinem added: "It makes more clear why you need Planned Parenthood."
    If the PP President was made aware of complaints about this guy, it doesn't mean he knew about it until Gosnell got busted. However, it does mean that someone that works for PP eventually told him the story about getting complaints re: Gosnell.

    Therefore, you can make the statement: PP knew about the Gosnell problems, but didn't report it themselves.

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •