Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 75

Thread: Teamsters aim to shield Boston funeral from Westboro picketers

  1. #61
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Teamsters aim to shield Boston funeral from Westboro picketers

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Simple, because conservatives don't treat political philosophy as religion....Progressive/Liberals don't really believe in God, so they treat their ideology as a religion.

    but when someone is critical of your religion, you get all butt hurt.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,958
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Teamsters aim to shield Boston funeral from Westboro picketers

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Alright, sing it with me.....

    "Look for the union label
    When you are kicking an extremist's fat ass"

    Go get 'em, Teamsters and bikers. Rock their friggen' world.

    Article is here.
    Good for the Teamsters and the bikers. Westboro has had a habit in the past of disrupting and picking military funerals for those GI's who have died in Iraq and Afghanistan. Westboro is about as Christian as the devil.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  3. #63
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Teamsters aim to shield Boston funeral from Westboro picketers

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    but when someone is critical of your religion, you get all butt hurt.
    See, this is where you have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about...Personally, although I do believe in God, and have a good working understanding of what I believe, I am not part of any organized religion. I was raised Catholic, but have not attended church in probably 20 years or better, and don't really consider myself a "religious" guy....So, your pathetic attempt to label me as part of some perceived group that you have made up in your own mind is an epic fail.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #64
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Teamsters aim to shield Boston funeral from Westboro picketers

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Good for the Teamsters and the bikers. Westboro has had a habit in the past of disrupting and picking military funerals for those GI's who have died in Iraq and Afghanistan. Westboro is about as Christian as the devil.
    They are hateful for sure...I wouldn't lose a moments sleep should they be eliminated from this existence. I put them in the same category as the KKK, or David Koresh.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #65
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Teamsters aim to shield Boston funeral from Westboro picketers

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Good for the Teamsters and the bikers. Westboro has had a habit in the past of disrupting and picking military funerals for those GI's who have died in Iraq and Afghanistan. Westboro is about as Christian as the devil.
    Good evening, Pero.

    Agreed. My daughter serves with The National Memorial Ladies, a group in Houston that attends every military funeral. Sometimes she is the only representative of the Patriot Guard Riders, along with the military guard with the flag that is given to the family. Westboro Baptist Church is too cowardly to heckle and harrass this group of Texans, and that's good. Grieving families should not have to be subjected to such treatment, especially when their husbands and sons have died defending our country. Disgusting!

  6. #66
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,958
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Teamsters aim to shield Boston funeral from Westboro picketers

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Good evening, Pero.

    Agreed. My daughter serves with The National Memorial Ladies, a group in Houston that attends every military funeral. Sometimes she is the only representative of the Patriot Guard Riders, along with the military guard with the flag that is given to the family. Westboro Baptist Church is too cowardly to heckle and harrass this group of Texans, and that's good. Grieving families should not have to be subjected to such treatment, especially when their husbands and sons have died defending our country. Disgusting!
    Exactly
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  7. #67
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Teamsters aim to shield Boston funeral from Westboro picketers

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    See, this is where you have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about...Personally, although I do believe in God, and have a good working understanding of what I believe, I am not part of any organized religion. I was raised Catholic, but have not attended church in probably 20 years or better, and don't really consider myself a "religious" guy....So, your pathetic attempt to label me as part of some perceived group that you have made up in your own mind is an epic fail.

    I know exactly what im talking about.
    and I know exactly how religion hinders society. It's used as leverage to influence those that do not believe in the fairytales.
    I also put you in that same group with all of the other fundies. Vote with your buybull!

  8. #68
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Teamsters aim to shield Boston funeral from Westboro picketers

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    I know exactly what im talking about.
    and I know exactly how religion hinders society. It's used as leverage to influence those that do not believe in the fairytales.
    I also put you in that same group with all of the other fundies. Vote with your buybull!
    I tried to have a civil conversation with you, but once again you prove that is NOT what you are here for...bye.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #69
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,570

    Re: Teamsters aim to shield Boston funeral from Westboro picketers

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Tax exemption.
    1st Amendment
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #70
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Teamsters aim to shield Boston funeral from Westboro picketers

    No. The question was why they were "Baptists". Not whether they had rights. Tax exemption is how they have rights and don't pay taxes for having them. You also have rights but your tax bill arrives anyway.


    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    1st Amendment

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •