Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 172

Thread: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

  1. #81
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Now you're just making stuff up because you're losing and getting desperate. The fact remains that the *only* way to judge if they "won" is to determine what their goal was, and to see f they achieved it.
    That's stupid. If their goal was to gain totalitarian control of the US, the two of them, then we can't lose no matter what happens short of that?

    We cannot justify our actions by the fantasy of others.

  2. #82
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,962

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I felt no need to address the second part of your sentence (it's kinda ridiculous to stipulate that one needs to be killed by terrorists for them to not win). I chose to address the first part. There was no intention to change any meaning.
    Well it did change the meaning and you are fully able to make your point, by quoting the sentence in full, if you can.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  3. #83
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That's a question you should be asking yourself. You have insisted that their goal was merely to terrorize people even though you do not have one shred of evidence to support your absurd claim

    I, on the other hand, have pointed out that every other terrorist had goals that went beyond merely terrorizing people.
    You misunderstand. I claim that at least one of their goals was to create terror.

  4. #84
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Well it did change the meaning and you are fully able to make your point, by quoting the sentence in full, if you can.
    But I don't even really understand the second half of your sentence. You think that we need to die to terrorists to keep them from winning? That doesn't make sense. Thus, I just addressed the first part.

  5. #85
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    That's stupid. If their goal was to gain totalitarian control of the US, the two of them, then we can't lose no matter what happens short of that?

    We cannot justify our actions by the fantasy of others.
    And once again you're just making crap up. This time, you're claiming that they wanted to gain totalitarian control of the US, even though you don't have a shred of evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No it doesn't

    What they want is for the US to stop interfering in the Middle East
    I think that's just a recruiting slogan.

    If you remember, Al Qaeda said they declared war on America because we had American F-15's on Saudi Arabia soil. In 2003 we pulled all of those aircraft and 60,000 American troops out of Saudi Arabia but Al Qaeda continued to attack America.

    And it's just not America who has been attacked by Al Qaeda and other Islamist extremist, the Great Britain, France, Germany, Spain, Italy all have been attacked.

  7. #87
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You misunderstand. I claim that at least one of their goals was to create terror.
    Now your twisting the meaning of "goal". Again, creating terror is just a means to end for terrorists.

    But if you think the goal is merely to create terror, then please name the terrorist whose goal was to create terror.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #88
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I'm trying to be reasonable. A guy and his kid brother, with pressure cookers, guns and no training just crippled a major city for a day. You think that's reasonable? So, they would have to destroy western civilization AND escape to win? Aren't you setting the goals for a couple of untrained dip****s with no real weaponry a bit high?
    How do you know they weren't trained, eco? Do you know something the FBI doesn't? If they didn't have any training then was it just dumb luck that both the bombs went off? First time bomb makers and they didn't practice or test the bombs to see if they even worked? I find that hard to believe.

    Consider this eco, the older brother was trained when he went back to Russia for six months. The FBI is still investigating to find out if he was connected to broader terror cell or just acting on his own, which is probably why they haven't read the younger brother his Miranda rights yet.

    Btw that "kid brother" is old enough to be considered an adult.

  9. #89
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And once again you're just making crap up. This time, you're claiming that they wanted to gain totalitarian control of the US, even though you don't have a shred of evidence.
    You think I was claiming they wanted to gain totalitarian control of the US?

    I was making a point not a claim. It seems you've missed the point. I'll try it again:

    We cannot judge or justify our actions according to the fantasies of others.

  10. #90
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    I think that's just a recruiting slogan.

    If you remember, Al Qaeda said they declared war on America because we had American F-15's on Saudi Arabia soil. In 2003 we pulled all of those aircraft and 60,000 American troops out of Saudi Arabia but Al Qaeda continued to attack America.

    And it's just not America who has been attacked by Al Qaeda and other Islamist extremist, the Great Britain, France, Germany, Spain, Italy all have been attacked.
    Once again, you are wrong.

    Al Queda has listed a number of reasons for fighting us, including our support for Israel.

    And the other nations who have been attacked were attacked because of their "meddling" in the Mid East.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •