Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 172

Thread: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

  1. #131
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I'd not seen anything about them having training. I've only seen the two articles presented in this thread, and that after I noted they had no training.
    So because you haven't seen any evidence that somehow translates into no evidence, is that it? What was it Carl Sagen said, "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"?

    Evidence: On Tamerlan's youtube page he posted several jiihadist and terrorist videos. Thats a mighty big clue that the older brother was getting pretty ideologically radicalized.

    Evidence: Tamerlan went back to Chechnea Russia for six months. Chechnea is well known for it's radicalization and Islamic jiihadist rebels. Until the FBI has a chance to trace his footsteps and talk to who he knew over there it's extremely premature to say there is no evidence.

    A week before the bombing the older brother Tamerlan went to the boxing studio he used to frequent and started acting very strange. Normally, he was very respectful and polite, but that time he started trying to tear the place up and was kicked out and told never to return. The owner couldn't believe or understand why he was acting that way.

  2. #132
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Wow, it doesn't take a genius to put that one together. hahaha
    I accept your surrender

    But please feel free to post the name of that terrorist whose only goal was to create terror
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #133
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    So because you haven't seen any evidence that somehow translates into no evidence, is that it?
    I haven't seen anything on the news that claims they were crossdressers. Can I claim that they are not? Yes, I can. Your logic is screwed. You're demanding proof to claim a negative.

  4. #134
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    01-21-14 @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    10

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

    The point is two people stopped ALL economic activity in Boston with less than $500. Sure it cost them their lives but as we've seen in the past radical Islam groups encourage martyrdom. This is what might embolden other terrorists. This is what Eco is talking about

  5. #135
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by CDelapena2 View Post
    The point is two people stopped ALL economic activity in Boston with less than $500. Sure it cost them their lives but as we've seen in the past radical Islam groups encourage martyrdom. This is what might embolden other terrorists. This is what Eco is talking about
    No, this is what eco said

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Locking down a city because of 2 people is ludicrous. It's letting the terrorists win.
    He clearly stated that these terrorists "won"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #136
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by CDelapena2 View Post
    The point is two people stopped ALL economic activity in Boston with less than $500. Sure it cost them their lives but as we've seen in the past radical Islam groups encourage martyrdom. This is what might embolden other terrorists. This is what Eco is talking about
    Thanks (you are correct except for the $500), but don't bother further. Let's just leave it at that. I'm not bothering further with misunderstandings, intentional or not, and putting words in people's mouth. There are much better things to do and conversations and debates to have at this website. We must learn to limit our responses to those that are likely fruitful.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I haven't seen anything on the news that claims they were crossdressers. Can I claim that they are not? Yes, I can. Your logic is screwed. You're demanding proof to claim a negative.
    No, you're the one demanding proof and having this all wrapped like it was a CSI episode. You're claiming the lock down was over reacting because they didn't have any evidence. And yet, they knew they had at least two bombers on the loose and no idea for a motive. It's what they didn't know that demanded caution. Who were they, were they connected to a larger terror cell, did they have accomplices, were there more bombs planted throughout the city, how heavily armed were they, etc? You're trying to say that being cautious before the facts come in and protecting the public translates into the bad guys winning. You couldn't be more wrong, eco.

    If the cops weren't doing everything they could to catch those two and they killed more people, who do you think the public would blame? On another thread, the OP is already trying to blame the FBI and HS for not catching them "before" they commited the crime.

  8. #138
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Thanks (you are correct except for the $500), but don't bother further. Let's just leave it at that. I'm not bothering further with misunderstandings, intentional or not, and putting words in people's mouth. There are much better things to do and conversations and debates to have at this website. We must learn to limit our responses to those that are likely fruitful.
    So now we're dropping the whole "over reaction" thingie and going for "embolden other terrorists".
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #139
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,469

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by CDelapena2 View Post
    The point is two people stopped ALL economic activity in Boston with less than $500. Sure it cost them their lives but as we've seen in the past radical Islam groups encourage martyrdom. This is what might embolden other terrorists. This is what Eco is talking about
    But they were stopped with great speed when you compare to the time it took to capture the DC Sniper and the Unabomber. It is unfortunate they got to kill one more being the MIT policeman.

    You are correct that you don't need to invest a lot of money into causing damage to a country. You can have the most sophisticated missile defense system and someone with a $3 box cutter can run circles around you.

    But I disagree this might embolden other terrorists when they realize we will do everything possible to catch you ass even if it means shutting down a town.

  10. #140
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So now we're dropping the whole "over reaction" thingie and going for "embolden other terrorists".
    I think it was both, among other things.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •