Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 70

Thread: Wild Brooklyn Melee Erupts As NYPD Arrests Muslim Teen For Allegedly Taunting Jewish

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Wild Brooklyn Melee Erupts As NYPD Arrests Muslim Teen For Allegedly Taunting Jew

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Could you tie it together for me a little better? Was there "hate speech" legislation on the books at the time? Did people dismiss the attack at that time? Seems not, seeing as the race baiting Sharpton got involved...Hmmm, but never let it be said that he wasted a moment to get in front of the camera...
    Sharpton gets involved in anything "black."

    Remember Tawanna Brawley?

    Sharpton is a mouth.... Jesse Jackson to boot. They both jump the gun at any opportunity.

    From Brawley to the Duke Lacrosse case - they're all full of **** and racist. Jesse Jackson only murdered MLK because he "wasn't down" for blacks only...

  2. #42
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Wild Brooklyn Melee Erupts As NYPD Arrests Muslim Teen For Allegedly Taunting Jew

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Are you referring to the white man mentioned in the 5th paragraph that starts, "Later, in the Fort Green section of Brooklyn..." who was attacked but refused medical treatment?

    Sorry you got caught up in the BS, man. But I'm glad you lived (and apparently are in good health) to tell the tale.
    Yeap, That was me.

  3. #43
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Wild Brooklyn Melee Erupts As NYPD Arrests Muslim Teen For Allegedly Taunting Jew

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Progressives condone this whole mob action savagery..... Collectivism is to blame.
    Oh BS!

    I've been mobbed before, I have 40 stitches in my head as a reminder (thankfully the scar is hardly noticeable now) considering I could see my own white (that was the color) skull clear as day.
    Glad You're okay.

  4. #44
    Professor
    vendur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-05-13 @ 08:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,250

    Re: Wild Brooklyn Melee Erupts As NYPD Arrests Muslim Teen For Allegedly Taunting Jew

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I think "hate crimes" are illogical and a clear First Amendment violation, but since the law is in place good - charge him.
    .
    I don't think they violate the first amendment at all, but they are unconstitutional as they clearly violate due process.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Wild Brooklyn Melee Erupts As NYPD Arrests Muslim Teen For Allegedly Taunting Jew

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Oh BS!




    Glad You're okay.

    BS what?

    OWS is a perfect example, so are every progressive group from environmentalists to anti-war to anti-capitalism - they leave a path of destruction in their wake via violence.

    ****, those stitches didn't faze me a bit, I have been shot, stabbed, had a flower pot broken over my head, been hit in the face with a brick.... ****, the only injuries I have had in my 33 years on this planet (as an adult) are 10 stitches to my foot from stepping on a broken beer bottle and a broken collar bone from playing football and those were before I was 10...

    These days I'm a libertarian that leans conservative, one of the benefits to that is the fact no one is trying to throw a brick at my ****ing face or kick me in the head with steel toe boots because I disagree..
    Last edited by Mr.Nick; 04-22-13 at 01:34 PM.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Wild Brooklyn Melee Erupts As NYPD Arrests Muslim Teen For Allegedly Taunting Jew

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    BS what?

    OWS is a perfect example, so are every progressive group from environmentalists to anti-war to anti-capitalism - they leave a path of destruction in their wake via violence.

    ****, those stitches didn't faze me a bit, I have been shot, stabbed, had a flower pot broken over my head, been hit in the face with a brick.... ****, the only injuries I have had in my 33 years on this planet are 10 stitches to my foot from stepping on a broken beer bottle and a broken collar bone from playing football and those were before I was 10...

    These days I'm a libertarian that leans conservative, one of the benefits to that is the fact no one is trying to throw a brick at my ****ing face or kick me in the head with steel toe boots because I disagree..
    I was in prison too, however through all that **** I managed to get a college degree - of course only after I figured out that the source of my problems were progressive ideas and a progressive beliefs and the overall mindset.

    I didn't and don't come from a bad family either....

    At least I figured it out tho by the time I was 20-21...

  7. #47
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: Wild Brooklyn Melee Erupts As NYPD Arrests Muslim Teen For Allegedly Taunting Jew

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Situations like this, I like to flip on their head and see if the same dismissal in this case holds true....And so, if this were a black guy being taunted by say white skinheads, would the same people in here be dismissing the story if the skinheads were arrested for a hate crime? Or would they be agreeing that it was the right thing to do?
    I would totally dismiss it. No one was hurt, just a stupid kid talkin' smack. No one should go to jail over that.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  8. #48
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: Wild Brooklyn Melee Erupts As NYPD Arrests Muslim Teen For Allegedly Taunting Jew

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    So a 17 year old (black kid) threatened and talked smack to a Jewish person and is arrested for it. Seems a bit excessive to me... which is probably what caused the non-melee you're talking about.
    Thank you for letting us know in a mere two sentences that you did't read the story and don't know the facts in the case. Most internet people would smear their ignorance of the story across several paragraphs.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Wild Brooklyn Melee Erupts As NYPD Arrests Muslim Teen For Allegedly Taunting Jew

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    I would totally dismiss it. No one was hurt, just a stupid kid talkin' smack. No one should go to jail over that.
    I hope you feel the same way about: fag, spic, wetback, nigger, kike et al...

    I don't understand how people can be offended...

    You know what offends me? common curtsey.... Why cant some people hold a door for another? that - /or if someone drops something pick it up for them.... Those little things make/break the character and individual.

  10. #50
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Wild Brooklyn Melee Erupts As NYPD Arrests Muslim Teen For Allegedly Taunting Jew

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    I would totally dismiss it. No one was hurt, just a stupid kid talkin' smack. No one should go to jail over that.
    For your education....

    Generally, the essential elements of assault consist of an act intended to cause an apprehension of harmful or offensive contact that causes apprehension of such contact in the victim.

    The act required for an assault must be overt. Although words alone are insufficient, they might create an assault when coupled with some action that indicates the ability to carry out the threat. A mere threat to harm is not an assault; however, a threat combined with a raised fist might be sufficient if it causes a reasonable apprehension of harm in the victim.

    assault legal definition of assault. assault synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.
    You can absolutely go to jail, if the victim of your abuse feels threatened, and you have the ability to carry out your threats.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •