Page 85 of 93 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 923

Thread: Gunfire, explosions reported around Dexter Street in Watertown. (Boston)[W: 83,846]

  1. #841
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,876
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gunfire, explosions reported around Dexter Street in Watertown. (Boston)[W: 83]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    And right on cue we have someone ready to point a finger back going "Nuh uh! He's on your side".

    And people wonder why the political climate in this country is so ****ed up. Because of **** like this. Both sides cherry picking information aiming not to get anywhere near to a rational and realistic discussion on something but simply trying to push the best selection of propaganda to rape the bodies of the dead for their political purposes.

    Wonderful to see this sickening mindset goes around to all sides.
    I did not point the finger. I proved him wrong. If I had said, "He was a right-wing/Republican/libretarian terrorist, or committed his actions because at the time he was a catholic, then yeah, I would be just as much of a hack.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  2. #842
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Gunfire, explosions reported around Dexter Street in Watertown. (Boston)[W: 83]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post

    If terrorism is terrorism, then why was mcVeigh the only one executed?
    Who are you complaining about not getting executed? Who got a life sentence or less for a sucessful terrorist attack?

  3. #843
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Gunfire, explosions reported around Dexter Street in Watertown. (Boston)[W: 83]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    And right on cue we have someone ready to point a finger back going "Nuh uh! He's on your side".

    And people wonder why the political climate in this country is so ****ed up. Because of **** like this. Both sides cherry picking information aiming not to get anywhere near to a rational and realistic discussion on something but simply trying to push the best selection of propaganda to rape the bodies of the dead for their political purposes.

    Wonderful to see this sickening mindset goes around to all sides.
    When someone says McVeigh, Obama, and those who committed the atrocities in Boston are somehow buddy buddies IN THE WAKE OF WHEN THOSE ATROCITIES ARE UNFOLDING, you call them out on their BS.

  4. #844
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Gunfire, explosions reported around Dexter Street in Watertown. (Boston)[W: 83]

    Good thing justice is normally blind to political idealogy.

    And the ultamite judges in heaven- or hades depending on the context- are also blind and impossable to corrupt.

  5. #845
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,994

    Re: Gunfire, explosions reported around Dexter Street in Watertown. (Boston)[W: 83]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If terrorism is terrorism, then why was mcVeigh the only one executed?
    Likely because he succeeded in doing the largest terror attack in US history at that time.

    Other than KSM, none of those that we've gotten since then come close to that. They're more closely related, if anything to, Terry Nichols. His accomplice. Who you'll note...DIDN'T get the death penalty. You'll also note, he wasn't a jihadist.

    Or you'll note Ted Kaczynski...not an islamist, not put to death.

    Or Eric Rudolph. Take a guess....yep, not a jihadist. Sentence? Life in prison...not the death penalty.

    But nice job cherry picking a single one and acting like "OMG only jihadist terrorists don't get the death penalty"

  6. #846
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Gunfire, explosions reported around Dexter Street in Watertown. (Boston)[W: 83]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Gunfire, explosions reported around Dexter Street in Watertown. (Boston)[W: 83,846] Remember, we are NOT making political points in this thread. Make a thread elsewhere if you want to do that. Discuss the events, or you will be thread banned.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #847
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,994

    Re: Gunfire, explosions reported around Dexter Street in Watertown. (Boston)[W: 83]

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    When someone says McVeigh, Obama, and those who committed the atrocities in Boston are somehow buddy buddies IN THE WAKE OF WHEN THOSE ATROCITIES ARE UNFOLDING, you call them out on their BS.
    One can call them out on their BS (guess what, I did just that) without attempting to turn the finger around and go "NUH UH! It was the right wing/republicans/libertarians!"

    McVeigh had so many ****ing bat**** insane views and constantly shifting beliefs that to honestly attempt to place him in line with either sides modern leans of ideology is just nothing but pure political posturing. IF he was a politician rather than a terrorist both sides basically would've been treating him like a nutball that neither would claim because he had enough views displeasing to both.

    Don't feed me the bull that people were just trying to "call out" BS. Bull****. They were trying to call out BS and put forward their own BS all at the same time. Not a single one of them was any better, noble, or different than Bronson...they just tried to be less inflammatory about their disgusting political ploys of attempting to blame a mainstream ideology for the work of a madman.

    - - - - - -

    People like McVeigh, people like these guys...they are so far off the reservation in terms of the every day person that attempting to group them with any of them is ridiculous and is nothing but an emotional appeal to attempt to attack. It's the exact same premise that is at the heart of Godwin's law. These people are sick individuals with something messed up with their head..they're not republicans or democrats or anything else typically in the sense that is so often used to attack. They're ****ed up people, that's what they are.

  8. #848
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,352

    Re: Gunfire, explosions reported around Dexter Street in Watertown. (Boston)[W: 83]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    I grew up here. I'm aware that people let "ponderings" interfere with their judgement................................
    We don't know yet how much involvement he had. At the very least, I would think he would be an accessory in commiting an act of terrorism. This will be interesting...Some of those at Gitmo were deported eventually, weren't they?

  9. #849
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Gunfire, explosions reported around Dexter Street in Watertown. (Boston)[W: 83]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    One can call them out on their BS (guess what, I did just that) without attempting to turn the finger around and go "NUH UH! It was the right wing/republicans/libertarians!"

    McVeigh had so many ****ing bat**** insane views and constantly shifting beliefs that to honestly attempt to place him in line with either sides modern leans of ideology is just nothing but pure political posturing. IF he was a politician rather than a terrorist both sides basically would've been treating him like a nutball that neither would claim because he had enough views displeasing to both.

    Don't feed me the bull that people were just trying to "call out" BS. Bull****. They were trying to call out BS and put forward their own BS all at the same time. Not a single one of them was any better, noble, or different than Bronson...they just tried to be less inflammatory about their disgusting political ploys of attempting to blame a mainstream ideology for the work of a madman.

    - - - - - -

    People like McVeigh, people like these guys...they are so far off the reservation in terms of the every day person that attempting to group them with any of them is ridiculous and is nothing but an emotional appeal to attempt to attack. It's the exact same premise that is at the heart of Godwin's law. These people are sick individuals with something messed up with their head..they're not republicans or democrats or anything else typically in the sense that is so often used to attack. They're ****ed up people, that's what they are.
    Fair enough. It was a sensitive, probably somewhat knee-jerk reaction on my part.

  10. #850
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Gunfire, explosions reported around Dexter Street in Watertown. (Boston)[W: 83]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    He was also an Atheist and a Pothead

    Macveigh was a Left Wing Terrorist just like Ayers, the Unibomber, and now the Left Wing Obama supporters that just detonated bombs at the Boston marathon

    Obama started his political career in the living room of a known left wing terrorist
    Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wong.
    Ayers, as far as I know, never killed or inured anyone.

Page 85 of 93 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •