Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 205

Thread: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

  1. #191
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Im still waiting for the law to be presented, but i wont hold my breath.
    Since I got kicked from another topic today.. I'll simple state.. two-party consent surveillance law.. read it and how it's being abused. Or better yet.. here is YET ANOTHER LINK... Boston PD
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  2. #192
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    no, you claimed a different kind of technology allows for people to do things they otherwise couldn't do, and we can't allow this.

    your critique of cameras works just as well for flashlights. the problem is, when framed that way, you see how nutty your explanation is, and you don't like it.
    No, it's nothing more than dishonest argument on your part. Flash lights are fine, they do not help one see in another spectrum of light. But if you are talking IR floodlights and night vision goggles....then the police need warrant or cause. They shouldn't be allowed access to those to spy on people willy nilly.

    See, my argument doesn't even say they can't have access to the tech at all, merely that they need warrant to use these search devices. Oh so nutty, huh? :roll
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #193
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    The rapid deployment of military personnel, in addition to local, country, state and multiple federal law enforcement agencies - and virtually declaring martial law - is concerning to me.

  4. #194
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,669

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The rapid deployment of military personnel, in addition to local, country, state and multiple federal law enforcement agencies - and virtually declaring martial law - is concerning to me.
    Better to let the known terrorist simply slip away in the normal crowd of the city?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #195
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The rapid deployment of military personnel, in addition to local, country, state and multiple federal law enforcement agencies - and virtually declaring martial law - is concerning to me.

    Telling the citizens of Boston to stay inside for their own safety because there are insane bombers on the loose isn't martial law.

  6. #196
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, it's nothing more than dishonest argument on your part. Flash lights are fine, they do not help one see in another spectrum of light. But if you are talking IR floodlights and night vision goggles....then the police need warrant or cause. They shouldn't be allowed access to those to spy on people willy nilly.

    See, my argument doesn't even say they can't have access to the tech at all, merely that they need warrant to use these search devices. Oh so nutty, huh? :roll
    Cameras are fine too.

    And if I own a private business, I can set up a camera and willingly give LEO access to the camera.

    Your arguments are nutty. Luddite worthy even.

  7. #197
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Cameras are fine too.

    And if I own a private business, I can set up a camera and willingly give LEO access to the camera.

    Your arguments are nutty. Luddite worthy even.
    Private business owners are free to do as they like. They can volunteer evidence e but it shouldn't be forced from them without warrant either.

    And pretty much all you have is "your argument is nutty" and nothing more. When you gain some amount of intellectual honesty and arguments which don't revolve around petty and pathetic insult, come back.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #198
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Cameras are fine too.

    And if I own a private business, I can set up a camera and willingly give LEO access to the camera.

    Your arguments are nutty. Luddite worthy even.
    "Luddite"-worthy? That's inane. If you actually are a "libertarian" or a "real conservative," surely you know the difference between a zealous defense of personal privacy against government intrusion and being anti-technology. Indeed, IF.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #199
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    And pretty much all you have is "your argument is nutty" and nothing more. When you gain some amount of intellectual honesty and arguments which don't revolve around petty and pathetic insult, come back.
    I demolished your explanation of why cameras should not be allowed.

    It ranks as one of the most moronic things ever written on this forum, and your name is attached to it.

  10. #200
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Moderator's Warning:
    FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspectsGuys, it's an intersting conversation but perhaps take it to a different thread where that is the topic.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •