Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 205

Thread: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

  1. #101
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Of course not, nor did I make that claim. Please do not use stupid arguments.
    Wow, what's with you today? It was YOUR argument and you're calling it stupid? I even quoted where you made it.

    ZERO expectation of privacy, as in none. That's what the sentence, "you have NO expectation of privacy" means. But what we're talking about here is photography and the courts have ruled over and again that if you're in public, you can be photographed and there's not squat you can do about it.

    If you don't like that, move to the UK. Oh wait...

  2. #102
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Wow, what's with you today? It was YOUR argument and you're calling it stupid? I even quoted where you made it.
    No, I never made claim to what you are saying.

    If I had zero expectation to privacy in public, that means my person, property, effects, etc. may be search and seized at any moment; that includes my personal data which makes up my "identity". If there is ZERO expectation to privacy I could do nothing about people stealing my identity in public. If the cops wanted to come up and search me, take my property with no rhyme or reason, they could. That's what ZERO EXPECTATION to privacy is. Now of course, in private none of that is allowed, because we both agree that in private you have FULL expectation to privacy. So you bringing that up really was a stupid argument. So at least understand what you are saying

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    ZERO expectation of privacy, as in none. That's what the sentence, "you have NO expectation of privacy" means. But what we're talking about here is photography and the courts have ruled over and again that if you're in public, you can be photographed and there's not squat you can do about it.
    No expectation to privacy means the 4th does not hold in public. But that's stupid, and any rational individual would understand this. I have REDUCED expectation, and that's how the courts rule it. Reduced, not zero.

    You people need to start understanding the arguments you're making.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #103
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Good afternoon, apdst.

    If we have the wrong guy(s), whoever did this is not going to relax, IMO. He was trying to make some point known only to him, and while he never intended to get caught, he still hasn't had a chance to tell the world why. For that reason, I hope they have the right criminals in custody!
    We don't know the bomber's motives, either. He might have just wanted to blow some people up and isn't trying to make some kind of statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #104
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    where? i havent heard.
    Filming a crime

    Should Videotaping the Police Really Be a Crime? - TIME
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  5. #105
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,373

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Actually, I agree with Erod. If the trail hadn't gone cold, they would be carefully following it; I think they'd want to keep them under surveillance for just a bit (carefully watched) to see if they contacted any fellow conspirators. That'd mean keeping their "in-the-know" on the down low. Since they aren't doing that, I think they're looking for additional help from the public.

    People will now again review their own images looking for these guys. That and the chance that people know them will, hopefully, provide a new set of leads.
    What trail was that? They have to have a trail before it goes "cold". All they have are these faces now. Matching them with people takes help. I get the feeling some here don't want the perps caught as they are scared of who's side they might be from. They sure don't look middle eastern to me.

  6. #106
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    The thing is, I think they have a better chance of successfully fleeing if the pictures are not released right away. It's better to have millions of people see the pictures and be on the lookout. You just never know who might see it and be able to identify them right away.
    Yeah, so some out-of-control clown can pop a cap in their asses, when he sees them on the street. Then, after the "suspects" are dead, they figure out that they fingered the wrong dudes, because IMO, their evidence is purdy weak. Two dudes walking down the sidewalk, totin' knapsacks?

    So much for due process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #107
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, I never made claim to what you are saying.
    You did indeed. I quoted it and responded to it, Maggie quoted it and responded to it. You may want to walk it back now as it was sort of a silly argument, but you did make the claim. Here it is again, direct quote:

    Originally Posted by Ikari
    I have every expectation that my rights and liberties shall be observed and revered in public. I have way above zero expectation to privacy in public. You don't get to steal my identity, for example, because I am in public.

  8. #108
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    What trail was that? They have to have a trail before it goes "cold". All they have are these faces now. Matching them with people takes help. I get the feeling some here don't want the perps caught as they are scared of who's side they might be from. They sure don't look middle eastern to me.
    Yeah! That's it! You got us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #109
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You did indeed. I quoted it and responded to it, Maggie quoted it and responded to it. You may want to walk it back now as it was sort of a silly argument, but you did make the claim. Here it is again, direct quote:
    That's a true statement and has nothing to do with your deflection that identity theft is illegal in private.

    Do you have a point? Or is this random "throw **** at the wall and see what sticks" time?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #110
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    What trail was that? They have to have a trail before it goes "cold". All they have are these faces now. Matching them with people takes help. I get the feeling some here don't want the perps caught as they are scared of who's side they might be from. They sure don't look middle eastern to me.
    The trail begins with the available video, physical evidence, and eyewitness testimony. When that reaches a dead end as to identification, the public is asked for help. I'm not aware of any poster here that is afraid of any "side" in this instance...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •