Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 205

Thread: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

  1. #91
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,997

    FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's possible, too. Like I said: a double edged sword.

    I agree that if the FBI is letting the cat out of the bag like this, it means they don't have jack **** else to go on.
    The thing is, I think they have a better chance of successfully fleeing if the pictures are not released right away. It's better to have millions of people see the pictures and be on the lookout. You just never know who might see it and be able to identify them right away.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    55,534

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You have no expectation of privacy in a public place. At least learn the law. It might come in handy for you some time.
    Again, this is untrue. You cannot steal my identity if I'm in public, you cannot take my records if I am in public, you cannot search me for being in public, you may not do a myrid of things to me just because I am in public. The words you are looking for is REDUCED EXPECTATION. Not none, not zero, but "reduced". In that other people can see me and I cannot control photons just yet. So if a cop directly sees me committing a crime, he does not have to go and get a warrant to have it admissible in court. He saw me. But you are not free to do whatever you want to me just because I am in public. My rights still exist.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #93
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I have every expectation that my rights and liberties shall be observed and revered in public. I have way above zero expectation to privacy in public. You don't get to steal my identity, for example, because I am in public.
    Nonsense, I'm not allowed to steal your identity in private either. You're wrong on this one, not only constitutionally, but legally. The court disagrees with you, the law disagrees with you, and most of the folks here disagree with you on this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I have a reduced expectation, not zero. In that if I commit a crime right in front of a cop, that cop has got all reason to exercise force against me. But you are not unfettered, there is always restraint against government force.
    ZZZZZZZ, government use of force wasn't the issue or any part of it.

  4. #94
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,244
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Again, this is untrue. You cannot steal my identity if I'm in public, you cannot take my records if I am in public, you cannot search me for being in public, you may not do a myrid of things to me just because I am in public. The words you are looking for is REDUCED EXPECTATION. Not none, not zero, but "reduced". In that other people can see me and I cannot control photons just yet. So if a cop directly sees me committing a crime, he does not have to go and get a warrant to have it admissible in court. He saw me. But you are not free to do whatever you want to me just because I am in public. My rights still exist.
    I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Photons. Give me a break. That's not what we're talking about here. And you know that. People can photography you and video tape you all they want all day long if you are in public. If you're splitting hairs about some future technology, that's not what's being discussed here.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #95
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    12-30-17 @ 03:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Actually the placement of his hands tell me he was very nervous.
    I thinking more about the way he had the bag on one shoulder like it was nothing, his backwards cap and his casual walk. The guy in front was much more serious at least in those aspects.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    55,534

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Nonsense, I'm not allowed to steal your identity in private either.
    Of course not, nor did I make that claim. Please do not use stupid arguments.

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You're wrong on this one, not only constitutionally, but legally. The court disagrees with you, the law disagrees with you, and most of the folks here disagree with you on this.
    Well your appeal to popularity aside, the court does not disagree with me. They have ruled time and time again on reduced expectations to privacy, but not none. None is a ridiculous claim with no rational or logical base to it what so ever.



    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    ZZZZZZZ, government use of force wasn't the issue or any part of it.
    No, in fact it always comes to it because we are talking about the government using recordings to hunt down criminals and put them through the court system using the video as evidence; which is an exercise of government force. Please try to be honest.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #97
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    55,534

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Photons. Give me a break. That's not what we're talking about here. And you know that. People can photography you and video tape you all they want all day long if you are in public. If you're splitting hairs about some future technology, that's not what's being discussed here.
    How the hell do you think photographs are taken? Is this why the Republic is going to hell in a hand basket? People are just uneducated?

    I never said they couldn't, I said it shouldn't be allowed admissible in court without warrant.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #98
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,997

    FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I thinking more about the way he had the bag on one shoulder like it was nothing, his backwards cap and his casual walk. The guy in front was much more serious at least in those aspects.
    If he was being nonchalant, it could be that he was acting, didn't want to draw attention to himself.

  9. #99
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,988

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Looks like David Sirota should be kicking his cat about now.
    It's not "tolerance" if you already approve of what you purport to "tolerate."

  10. #100
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    86,424

    Re: FBI releases photos of Boston blast suspects

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    ahhh, but you see, it's the same thing. Big Brother is watching you from the corner. A human cop is not a biological function. He is paid government eye.

    You're stretching this now.

    How about this? There's an FBI van outside your home just watching and waiting for you to come out. ohhhhh! the humanity!
    That level of surveillance would require a warrant. Without a warrant, or probable cause, it could be considered harrassment. Ohhhhhhhh! The lawsuit!
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •