Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: ObamaCare Taxes Will Increasingly Bite Middle Class

  1. #1
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    ObamaCare Taxes Will Increasingly Bite Middle Class

    ibd, today:

    When President Obama was selling his signature health care reform bill back in early 2010, he described it as the "largest middle-class tax cut for health care in history." The costs would be largely paid by taxing insurance companies "that stand to gain a lot of money and a lot of profits" and by making "sure that the wealthiest Americans pay their fair share on Medicare."


    But a closer examination finds that ObamaCare's three biggest taxes — a Medicare surcharge, the so-called Cadillac tax and an insurance premium fee — will increasingly hit the middle class because of how the law indexes them for inflation and medical costs.

    ObamaCare Taxes Designed To Increasingly Bite Middle Class - Investors.com

    it's called bracket creep

    and if inflation every approaches 5% or so...

    in other words, just another lie

    obamacare's failure to index tax hikes for inflation

    Health-Care Bill Doesn't Index for Inflation; Hits Young and Rising Middle Class Hard - WSJ.com

    he hits (hard) the middle class

    he has to, it's where all the money is

    in other words, just another lie

    no wonder obamacare author baucus today calls it a HUGE train wreck

    fellow conspirator jay rockefeller exactly one week ago said essentially the same thing

    obamacare is hundreds and hundreds of horrible headlines, without nary a pretty word

    you hear that as spin?

    if so, you've let your movement get away with you

    expect more bad news to come, lots of it, and you're responsible

    live it, libs, love it, it's yours

  2. #2
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: ObamaCare Taxes Will Increasingly Bite Middle Class


  3. #3
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,310

    Re: ObamaCare Taxes Will Increasingly Bite Middle Class

    Well, they had to pass it so we could know what was in it.

    Conservatives, from the inception of this disaster warned everyone, called their Congressmen, made a huge stink but it was passed anyway.

    The Liberals lied, Obama lied and now the reality is becoming more amd more apparent, from the higher premiums to the job killing influence of a bill that mandates expenses on Bussinesses and individuals.

    And the response ? Re-elect Captain incompetence.

    The libs are responsible for one great failure after another.

  4. #4
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,764

    Re: ObamaCare Taxes Will Increasingly Bite Middle Class

    One interesting unintended consequence---open shops that dont have unions are employing people under say 14$/hour or so will have no incentive to join the union. Because the benefits from healthcare via AHCA will be better or equal to that offered through tradeoffs in a group plan that they would lose a significant amount of pay in health premiums and union dues.

    Short version: it will be harder to bring a union into an open shop once AHCA is in effect.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: ObamaCare Taxes Will Increasingly Bite Middle Class

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    "He pressed Sebelius to explain how her department will overcome entrenched misunderstandings about what the healthcare law does."


    Oh...the irony!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: ObamaCare Taxes Will Increasingly Bite Middle Class

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    "He pressed Sebelius to explain how her department will overcome entrenched misunderstandings about what the healthcare law does."


    Oh...the irony!
    He's begging her to make something up.

    It will be an unmitigated disaster of the highest order. It's already shooting costs up on middle class people, and it's not even installed yet. It's expected to be an 80 percent increase on premiums in the end.

  7. #7
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: ObamaCare Taxes Will Increasingly Bite Middle Class

    Of course it will bite the middle class. The lower class has no money and the upper class gets to write the rules so they don't have to pay for anything.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: ObamaCare Taxes Will Increasingly Bite Middle Class

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    He's begging her to make something up.
    Countering the misinformation spread by rw knownothings...is "making something up"? See, Baucus was not supporting your point, which is the irony.

    It will be an unmitigated disaster of the highest order. It's already shooting costs up on middle class people, and it's not even installed yet. It's expected to be an 80 percent increase on premiums in the end.
    Thank you for proving my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: ObamaCare Taxes Will Increasingly Bite Middle Class

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Countering the misinformation spread by rw knownothings...is "making something up"? See, Baucus was not supporting your point, which is the irony.

    Thank you for proving my point.
    Have you checked your paystub? The premium has already gone up, and will soon skyrocket. I know. We've already earned our employees, and we've let a few go because our costs are going way up, too.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: ObamaCare Taxes Will Increasingly Bite Middle Class

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Have you checked your paystub?
    Um, the most common increase recently to "paystubs" has been the rollback of the FICA holiday.
    The premium has already gone up, and will soon skyrocket. I know.
    Um, premiums have increased because the ins corps have decided to collect in advance for taxes they will pay on their PROFITS, taxes which have not yet gone into effect on unearned profits. We call that "gouging".

    We've already earned our employees, and we've let a few go because our costs are going way up, too.
    Earned your employees?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •