Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 463

Thread: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks...[W: 349]

  1. #361
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    politico's lead last nite: boxed in



    Behind the Curtain: Obama, boxed in - POLITICO.com

    and, according to "several of his friends, he knows it"

    he goes guns, gets squat

    grand bargain is bupkus

    which makes immigration his last chance

    and, "as one influential democratic adviser told us, that’s only because the president has largely stayed on the sidelines"

    if indeed anything substantial ever does matriculate on this issue, marco rubio will get as much credit as barack lameduck hussein

    but immigration reform is gonna fall---you are going to see 100 very ugly headlines from mainstream media about this bill, the details it comprises, in the next 100 days...

    and right now, anything with the duck's fingerprints on it is doa

    he's poison

    and he knows it

    tax the rich, anyone?

    what else has he got?

    "the combination of republican resistance and the high number of senate democrats running in red states in 2014 virtually assures little change for at least the next 18 months"

    as in, "virtually assures"

    axelrod is "shell shocked"

    can you blame him?

    obama's learned that "the job of being president is a drag under divided government"

    it's always all about him

    sad

    disney, I don't agree with you often, but when you're right, you are right....This post of yours should be read, re read, then read again. It is spot on as to the position that Obama has placed himself in, and now he gets to reap what he has sown....

    He is a lame duck, and it upsets him tremendously....Just pay attention to his anger at not getting Toomey/Manchin....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #362
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Really? You haven't read many of the posts in this thread then.
    Yes I have and they said what I pointed out...

    That it can lead up to it as I explained and you ignored. Just like the rest of my post you decided to ignore.

    You might want to actually look at what I posted and respond to it in context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #363
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    usnwr this afternoon says the same: "obama's political position seems surprisingly weak today"

    http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/Ken...term-for-Obama

    global warming? good luck

    cuz if you can't get a swiss cheese background checks bill in the wake of that brutal assassination of kindergartners...

    usnwr, however, raises a new worry

    boston has put terrorism back on top, something barry hussein does NOT want to talk about

    the prof (because he always liked and respected you, despite the fact that you talk ten times more than he does and read 100 times less) will clue you in on another---

    dr kermit barron gosnell

    why won't barry hussein, who really does have an aversion to firearms despite millions of us relying on one for self defense, come out against scissors?

    also---see the media turn

  4. #364
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    Yes I have and they said what I pointed out...

    That it can lead up to it as I explained and you ignored. Just like the rest of my post you decided to ignore.

    You might want to actually look at what I posted and respond to it in context.
    You didn't read very carefully then. I could find many in which they referred to this legislation as "gun grabbing".....not what you claim.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #365
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You didn't read very carefully then. I could find many in which they referred to this legislation as "gun grabbing".....not what you claim.
    And yet you still have shown nothing.

    Go figure. This also addresses very little of what I said. That's OK though, I don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #366
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    As I read posts here about people being afraid that their rights to guns will be denied by this legislation I keep trying to understand how anyone can believe that? Nothing in the Mancin - Toomey amendment suggests that and in truth it STRENGTHENS your rights. The slippery slope argument is a ruse IMHO. Nothing that has happened recently in terms of legislation has anything to do with gun confiscation yet that's the argument people employ.

    The liars here are the NRA and the outrageous propaganda they push - they're the liars and they're the ones that are a front for the gun lobby = gun money because at the end of the day they're true agenda is to help sell more guns and ammo...that's the real plot here....
    I have never met a gun control nut who did not wish ultimately that all private ownership of firearms be outlawed. The daily KOS article personifies the typical gun control freak. I will object to even the tiniest change because of incrementalization. It isn't paranoia when you are right about gun control nuts.

    BTW, the anti-gun control lobby is us, we who join the NRA and other groups to stop the destruction of our constitutionally guaranteed inherent rights.

  7. #367
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    "... average gun nut control....."

    you win the prize my friend for whatever the hell that means in your universe.
    It means people who like you want to add just one more little barrier to firearm acquisition or the creation of a data base of gun owners.

  8. #368
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You didn't read very carefully then. I could find many in which they referred to this legislation as "gun grabbing".....not what you claim.
    ANY new gun control is a step to confiscation.

  9. #369
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by dnsmith View Post
    ANY new gun control is a step to confiscation.
    Thats the same argument that people used when they said "Smoking a joint leads to Heroin addiction". Reefer madness!
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #370
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,043

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by dnsmith View Post
    It means people who like you want to add just one more little barrier to firearm acquisition or the creation of a data base of gun owners.
    What barrier to firearms ownership do I want to add for people who can now obtain one legally?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •