Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 463

Thread: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks...[W: 349]

  1. #351
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You claimed you did not support gun bans. Not "complete gun ban". Not "ban on all guns". But "gun bans", full stop. You then claim you support some gun bans.

    You lied. You decieved. You were dishonest. Which fits with your bogus signature line and hollow hypocritical stance on civil rights.

    Everything else is you backpeddling trying to cover your tail.

    It is people like you that are the individuals behind this legislation and like you they can not be trusted, which is exactly why I'm happy to see it fail before it goes any farther.
    Again Zyph....you are blatantly misconstruing. Don't pull one sentence out and base your argument on it. If you follow the thread, it is very clear that when I say "I don't support gun bans" that I am saying that I don't support bans on all guns. Your attempts to misconstrue and then base your bogus argument on it...doesn't change the facts.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #352
    Student jakiejakester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Soho, NYC
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    263

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by dnsmith View Post
    Disney and Haymarket both exemplify what I mean when I speak of left wing attempts to incrementally eliminate all our rights. There, "just a little gun control" is nothing more than "a little now, a little later and eventually we get the entire piece of gun control pie." I object to any gun control if for no other reason not to be incrementalized to death.
    As I read posts here about people being afraid that their rights to guns will be denied by this legislation I keep trying to understand how anyone can believe that? Nothing in the Mancin - Toomey amendment suggests that and in truth it STRENGTHENS your rights. The slippery slope argument is a ruse IMHO. Nothing that has happened recently in terms of legislation has anything to do with gun confiscation yet that's the argument people employ.

    The liars here are the NRA and the outrageous propaganda they push - they're the liars and they're the ones that are a front for the gun lobby = gun money because at the end of the day they're true agenda is to help sell more guns and ammo...that's the real plot here....
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  3. #353
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,151

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    As I read posts here about people being afraid that their rights to guns will be denied by this legislation I keep trying to understand how anyone can believe that? Nothing in the Mancin - Toomey amendment suggests that and in truth it STRENGTHENS your rights. The slippery slope argument is a ruse IMHO. Nothing that has happened recently in terms of legislation has anything to do with gun confiscation yet that's the argument people employ.

    The liars here are the NRA and the outrageous propaganda they push - they're the liars and they're the ones that are a front for the gun lobby = gun money because at the end of the day they're true agenda is to help sell more guns and ammo...that's the real plot here....
    There are thousands of gun laws ON THE BOOKS that ARE NOT being used.

    Take everything you said about gun owners and the NRA and put Leftists and Obama in their place. Then you'll be accurate.

  4. #354
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,786

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by dnsmith View Post
    Not just those on the right, but also we moderate democrats object to the constant left wing barrage against private ownership of firearms. There is more than one reason to believe the average gun control nut wants to eliminate our second amendment rights totally.Daily Kos: How to Ban Guns: A step by step, long term process
    "... average gun nut control....."

    you win the prize my friend for whatever the hell that means in your universe.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #355
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    As I read posts here about people being afraid that their rights to guns will be denied by this legislation I keep trying to understand how anyone can believe that? Nothing in the Mancin - Toomey amendment suggests that and in truth it STRENGTHENS your rights. The slippery slope argument is a ruse IMHO. Nothing that has happened recently in terms of legislation has anything to do with gun confiscation yet that's the argument people employ.
    This is where people keep getting it wrong. No one has said this in itself is a gun grab. They are saying it is another incremental step Leading up to gun registry's and yes confiscation or outright banning of certain weapons. The laws in Chicago and DC plus the Fienstien bill should be ample evidence as to what is the long term agenda. The shortsightedness of those who want to pass this kind of law is the real problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    The liars here are the NRA and the outrageous propaganda they push - they're the liars and they're the ones that are a front for the gun lobby = gun money because at the end of the day they're true agenda is to help sell more guns and ammo...that's the real plot here....
    What have they lied about? I have not seen anything that they said about this legislation or gun grabbing. If you have it, please post the source of this info?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #356
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    "... average gun nut control....."

    you win the prize my friend for whatever the hell that means in your universe.
    I took it as, kinda like.....squirrels that control their nuts before eating them.

  7. #357
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    As I read posts here about people being afraid that their rights to guns will be denied by this legislation I keep trying to understand how anyone can believe that? Nothing in the Mancin - Toomey amendment suggests that and in truth it STRENGTHENS your rights. The slippery slope argument is a ruse IMHO. Nothing that has happened recently in terms of legislation has anything to do with gun confiscation yet that's the argument people employ.

    The liars here are the NRA and the outrageous propaganda they push - they're the liars and they're the ones that are a front for the gun lobby = gun money because at the end of the day they're true agenda is to help sell more guns and ammo...that's the real plot here....

    Confiscation doesn't mean that 'jack booted' agents of government have to come to your door and physically take the gun. It can just as easily be outlawing the ownership.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #358
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire


  9. #359
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    politico's lead last nite: boxed in

    There are two very different President Obamas.

    There’s the confident, uncompromising Obama who sought to shame and bully Republicans into submitting to his agenda of tax increases and sweeping gun reform. This version of Obama was dominant until one month ago.

    Then there’s the calmer, more compromising Obama — the one who has courted Republicans and taken on his own party with a call for (modest) reductions in entitlement spending. This version of Obama took command last month.

    Both are flailing.
    Behind the Curtain: Obama, boxed in - POLITICO.com

    and, according to "several of his friends, he knows it"

    he goes guns, gets squat

    grand bargain is bupkus

    which makes immigration his last chance

    and, "as one influential democratic adviser told us, that’s only because the president has largely stayed on the sidelines"

    if indeed anything substantial ever does matriculate on this issue, marco rubio will get as much credit as barack lameduck hussein

    but immigration reform is gonna fall---you are going to see 100 very ugly headlines from mainstream media about this bill, the details it comprises, in the next 100 days...

    and right now, anything with the duck's fingerprints on it is doa

    he's poison

    and he knows it

    tax the rich, anyone?

    what else has he got?

    "the combination of republican resistance and the high number of senate democrats running in red states in 2014 virtually assures little change for at least the next 18 months"

    as in, "virtually assures"

    axelrod is "shell shocked"

    are you?

    obama's learned that "the job of being president is a drag under divided government"

    it's always all about him

    sad
    Last edited by The Prof; 04-19-13 at 06:23 PM.

  10. #360
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    No one has said this in itself is a gun grab.
    Really? You haven't read many of the posts in this thread then.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •