Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 463

Thread: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks...[W: 349]

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I never said it was a "crime"...more of your hysterics and paranoia on display.
    Laughable

    You're whining about hysterics and paranoia while at the same time claiming anyone who wants a semi automatic weapon with a few cosmetic adjustments is "HIGHLY SUSPECT"

  2. #222
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Laughable

    You're whining about hysterics and paranoia while at the same time claiming anyone who wants a semi automatic weapon with a few cosmetic adjustments is "HIGHLY SUSPECT"
    Sorry...but I'm not the one running around screaming propoganda about "OMG....they're coming to take our guns!!!!!" and hysterics such as "OMG!...they are going to make us all criminals"
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #223
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Absolutely. The mentality of an individual who desires to have military style weapons is highly suspect.
    Wonderful to see what a hypocritically transparent thing your signature line is then. So you actually expect people to buy the faux "I don't support taking guns away from people" claims when it's been clear you've support the notion of removing guns from mentally unstable people and then turn around and proclaim that the very nature of WANTING to own certain guns inherently makes ones mental status "highly suspect"...thus creating a scenario where simply WANTING to own a particular gun makes one inelligable to participate in their civil rights.

    You are no better and no less of a crusader against individual liberty than those who proclaim it's okay to ban two men from being married because they can both still marry women. You even delude yourself into believing that you somehow standand for "liberty and justice for all" like they do. But you're not better...just like them you pick and choose based on your POLITICAL agenda and opinions and don't give two ****s about "liberty".

    The singular act of desiring to own a firearm, ANY firearm, is in no way...shape...or form a reliable, reasonable, or understandable means of determining ones mental faculties. To suggest such is pure bigotry, nothing less. It's just excused bigotry because it's against people who you deem worthy of discriminating and being prejudiced against.

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sorry...but I'm not the one running around screaming propoganda about "OMG....they're coming to take our guns!!!!!" and hysterics such as "OMG!...they are going to make us all criminals"
    Such as?? But no one has ever said that, correct?

    Don't get so hysterical. This too shall pass.

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Which basically comes down to if your personal opinion regarding the constitutionality of a particular limitation on a civil right is that it's okay, then it's fine to look towards the popular opion.
    Keeping and bearing firearms is not just a civil right; it is an inherent right affirmed by the 2nd amendment.
    In this case, the limiting of ones ability to engage in their civil right is one you agree with and feel is constitutional, so you have no issue pushing public opinion to support your case. In other cases, the limiting of ones ability to engage in their civil rights is one you disagree with and so you oppose. In all cases though, it's still a matter of whether or not you subjectively decide whether or not the limitation is one you agree with or not.
    If it is an inherent right, even if I don't like that right, I will enforce it to the hilt.

  6. #226
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    That is the Breaking News banner headline on cnn.com.

    Fox News' banner reads: "SENATE REJECTS PLAN EXPANDING GUN BACKGROUNDCHECKS IN 54-46 VOTE"

    Edit: And now there is a full link to include.

    Background check plan defeated in Senate, Obama rips gun bill opponents | Fox News
    Good. There was no compromise in that bill at all.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #227
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Wonderful to see what a hypocritically transparent thing your signature line is then. So you actually expect people to buy the faux "I don't support taking guns away from people" claims when it's been clear you've support the notion of removing guns from mentally unstable people and then turn around and proclaim that the very nature of WANTING to own certain guns inherently makes ones mental status "highly suspect"...thus creating a scenario where simply WANTING to own a particular gun makes one inelligable to participate in their civil rights.

    You are no better and no less of a crusader against individual liberty than those who proclaim it's okay to ban two men from being married because they can both still marry women. You even delude yourself into believing that you somehow standand for "liberty and justice for all" like they do. But you're not better...just like them you pick and choose based on your POLITICAL agenda and opinions and don't give two ****s about "liberty".

    And just because I question the mentality of the type of person who wants to own military assault weapons...doesn't mean that I don't support their right to own other weapons.

    The bottom line is....the Constitution does not preclude reasonable restrictions of gun ownership. It simply doesn't., no matter how much the gun nuts and the NRA scream about it. The Constitution probably DOES preclude flat out weapon bans. What about military type assault weapons? That is probably questionable.

    The singular act of desiring to own a firearm, ANY firearm, is in no way...shape...or form a reliable, reasonable, or understandable means of determining ones mental faculties. To suggest such is pure bigotry, nothing less. It's just excused bigotry because it's against people who you deem worthy of discriminating and being prejudiced against.
    Sorry Zyph...but you are wrong. I don't support banning handguns. I do, however, believe that there are some weapons such as military assault weapons that justifiably should be banned. That doesn't mean that I am in support of a flat out ban on guns. Your argument is akin to saying that if you don't believe people should have access to missle launchers and hand grenades, then you obviously support bans on all weapons.

    And YES....I do believe that there are people out there who should not be able to own weapons...but because I believe that convicted felons and mentally ill individuals should not be able to possess guns does not mean that I believe in a flat-out weapon ban.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #228
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Such as?? But no one has ever said that, correct?

    Don't get so hysterical. This too shall pass.
    Have you NOT be following along? Herrin and several others have constantly been labeling the legislation regarding (background checks) as Gun-Grabbing and a host of other hysteric terms. So, yes...as a matter of fact....they have. Next.....
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #229
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by dnsmith View Post
    Keeping and bearing firearms is not just a civil right; it is an inherent right affirmed by the 2nd amendment.If it is an inherent right, even if I don't like that right, I will enforce it to the hilt.
    No right is absolute. The Constitution just places stronger limitations of curtailment of any right that is fundamental.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #230
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: The Senate has defeated a compromise proposal to expand background checks on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sorry Zyph...but you are wrong. I don't support banning handguns. I do, however, believe that there are some weapons such as military assault weapons that justifiably should be banned. That doesn't mean that I am in support of a flat out ban on guns. Your argument is akin to saying that if you don't believe people should have access to missle launchers and hand grenades, then you obviously support bans on all weapons.

    And YES....I do believe that there are people out there who should not be able to own weapons...but because I believe that convicted felons and mentally ill individuals should not be able to possess guns does not mean that I believe in a flat-out weapon ban.
    No rifles sold to the general public have the same capabilities as those issued to military personnel. To obtain a select fire or full auto rifle requires an extensive BGC.
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •