Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 125

Thread: AP Source: Arrest Imminent In Marathon Bombings [W:75]

  1. #101
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,619

    Re: Officials: Arrest 'imminent' in Boston bombing case

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    1. Ok, so you are backing off your statement that she said specifically "that right wing extremists are the biggest threat to national security." I'm glad to see that, even though you're not actually admitting that you lied.

    No, I'm not backing off my claim. When setting out to write a report on the threat of radicalization in the US, the ONLY group that Napolitano's DHS found to be a serious threat were right wing radicals, and backed it up with a lot of very poor arguments. I assume that the poor arguments were actually born of irrational fear only because I will give her the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't purposeful fear mongering for political purposes. At some point you have to just hope these people are stupid and not political miscreants.

    2. A single report does not indicate what you are suggesting.

    Sure it does. You don't make something that ignorant of facts and so twisted in it's conclusions without some underlying flaw.


    3. Just because it focused on illegal immigration, or anything else, again, you can't take that as evidence that she thinks it's a number one priority. You seem to be arguing that instead of reporting on trends, we should stick our head in the sand so you won't be offended. I'm sorry, but you don't have the right to now be offended. And in reality, you shouldn't be offended. The same way that a peaceful Muslim shouldn't be offended if the United States government releases a report saying that a certain group of Muslims may be planning attacks.

    SHE ISN'T REPORTING ON TRENDS. None of her sources confirmed the trend she was trying is trying to show. This report is simply fear that it MAY happen based on poorly used reports that don't support the claim.


    4. It's driving evidence was not shootings in Pittsburg. It was based off of other studies previously done showing that radical groups were looking to recruit veterans and are playing off of fears.
    Extremist Report Draws Criticism; Prompts Apology - NYTimes.com
    False. Those assertions were vague and gave no hard numbers so they are completely meaningless to the assertion of the paper that right wing radicalism is on the rise. The only concrete evidence of any of their points put forward was the Pittsburgh shooter days before the report was released.

    Also, You are wrong, that Napolitano report was not commissioned by Bush, it simply mentioned one FBI study from 2008 that doesn't even support the reports claim. "Some" Veterans of the Iraq war returned to the US and joined Catholic Church... would you then assume that Catholic Church attendance is growing? You may find through in depth study that the Catholic Church attendance is on the rise and you could even conclude with an even more detailed study that the growth is predominantly from Iraq War veterans, but you have to actually conduct the study. Napalitano's claims were utterly groundless and not the product of due diligence. It was a hand waving blathering screed.

    You're being offended by factual information. That's your problem.
    No, sorry, that you can't seem to parse the idiocy in that report is not my fault.

    5.It's only obvious to you where her fears lie. I think it's pure speculation on your part to take one report that's purpose was just to inform police on possible signs to look for and to twist that into her starting a war against anybody that is right wing.

    No, it's fairly obvious to a lot of people, not just me. This report draws a lot of unjustifiable conclusions from a bunch of sources that didn't support the conclusion. People join Group X... Does that means Group X is growing? No. The assertion hasn't established if those LEAVING Group X are less than those joining, so the conclusion is not justifiable. Unfortunately, that is the extent of the rationale in the DHS document.

  2. #102
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,040

    Re: Officials: Arrest 'imminent' in Boston bombing case

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    No, I'm not backing off my claim.
    Ok then, thanks for letting me know there is no need to further the discussion or to read the rest of what you wrote. You stated, very clearly:
    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator
    Napolitano took a political hit for comments early in her tenure that right wing extremists are the biggest threat to national security.
    And up to this point you have not provided any evidence that this actually happened, you have merely speculated that she possibly thinks this because her department released a report outlining the possible threats, recruiting tactics and reasoning behind these growing groups.

    If you can't just come out and say that you completely make up any "comments" that you are contributing to her, then I won't waste my time debating the rest with you.

    I hope you have a good day though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  3. #103
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,186
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Officials: Arrest 'imminent' in Boston bombing case

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Oh please...
    I doubt it but it wouldn't surprise me.

    Especially if they find out the attacks were foreign by some organized group and another few incidents happen.
    I think Obama's current agenda wants only the gov to have firearms and freedom.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  4. #104
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: Officials: Arrest 'imminent' in Boston bombing case

    Quote Originally Posted by BretJ View Post
    It was Ricin....but whatever...it fits the conspiricy theory.
    My bad. I was split between this conversation and the long dead useless sarin buried in sand and found in Iraq in 2004. Thanks for getting me back on topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #105
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,257

    Re: Officials: Arrest 'imminent' in Boston bombing case

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    But I assure the percentages are stilted HEAVILY in one direction.
    Bull****.

  6. #106
    Sage
    BretJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,328

    Re: Officials: Arrest 'imminent' in Boston bombing case

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    My bad. I was split between this conversation and the long dead useless sarin buried in sand and found in Iraq in 2004. Thanks for getting me back on topic.
    Funny coincidence that you would say that. I work with a few techs that are on permanent disability due to nerve damage because of that long dead useless sarin. I also personally know guys hit with mustard agent that had been in the ground since WWI and will most likely have to be medically discharge. The stuff may not be as potent but hardly dead.
    The opposite of hero is not villain, it is "bystander"
    " In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty." -Aurelius Augustine
    "But why do they use them to make Brawndo??!!"

  7. #107
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: Officials: Arrest 'imminent' in Boston bombing case

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Oh please...
    When Alex Jones-like conspiracy gossip abounds in the main stream of the GOP, you know they are very lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #108
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: Officials: Arrest 'imminent' in Boston bombing case

    Quote Originally Posted by BretJ View Post
    Funny coincidence that you would say that. I work with a few techs that are on permanent disability due to nerve damage because of that long dead useless sarin. I also personally know guys hit with mustard agent that had been in the ground since WWI and will most likely have to be medically discharge. The stuff may not be as potent but hardly dead.
    I had just read that they (Iraqi's) buried it in the desert in plastic bags that were leaking. I definitely wouldn't eat it with my cheerios but the context of that discussion was WMD's or not. Sorry about your buddies getting mixed up with it. That's rough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #109
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,872
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Officials: Arrest 'imminent' in Boston bombing case

    Great news. Bring the bastard to justice.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  10. #110
    Sage
    BretJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,328

    Re: Officials: Arrest 'imminent' in Boston bombing case

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I had just read that they (Iraqi's) buried it in the desert in plastic bags that were leaking. I definitely wouldn't eat it with my cheerios but the context of that discussion was WMD's or not. Sorry about your buddies getting mixed up with it. That's rough.
    They also buried the filled projectiles and paved over hundreds of them. It was a major highway too.
    The opposite of hero is not villain, it is "bystander"
    " In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty." -Aurelius Augustine
    "But why do they use them to make Brawndo??!!"

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •