Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 96

Thread: Nation's Biggest Movie Theater Chain Cuts Workweek, Blaming ObamaCare

  1. #31
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,078

    Re: Nation's Biggest Movie Theater Chain Cuts Workweek, Blaming ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Why is that a good thing? Who is going to pay for those services? Are we to expect medical personnel to give their services away for free or are you expecting the taxpayers to pick up the tab? Why is it that more and more the American people turn to the Government when they want something rather than turning to themselves, their family, and friends in the time of need?
    it's a good thing because we are a first world country that doesn't let people die in the streets. it's a good thing because withholding treatment from those who couldn't pay in some financial Darwinistic fantasy would result in massive social unrest. it's also a good thing because the way things are set up now, we're already paying for uninsured treatment in the most inefficient way imaginable.



    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    You are correct that I will refuse ANY/ALL Government paid for health care, regardless of age. If I can't get it/pay for it for myself, then I don't need it or don't deserve it, This whole idea that the Government has some responsibility to pay for ANY healthcare for non-military or Government employed personnel is ridiculous.
    well, as a fellow human being, i hope that you change your mind. that's on you, though.

    and yes, i already know that you won't change your mind and that your next reply will contain your plan to kill yourself when the time comes. i'd also discourage that. you're getting married. it's not just about you and your inflexible opinions anymore.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Nation's Biggest Movie Theater Chain Cuts Workweek, Blaming ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    it's a good thing because we are a first world country that doesn't let people die in the streets. it's a good thing because withholding treatment from those who couldn't pay in some financial Darwinistic fantasy would result in massive social unrest. it's also a good thing because the way things are set up now, we're already paying for uninsured treatment in the most inefficient way imaginable.
    In terms of dying in the streets.... that's what these people are supposed to have family and friends for. I'm not so sure that I'd be all that concerned about social unrest from people who can't even take care of their own medical needs. The answer to the fiscal component of the problem is very simple.... rescind President Reagan's ridiculous requirement that hospitals must waste their own resources on those who cannot pay. Social Welfare should be a private issue, not a governmental one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    well, as a fellow human being, i hope that you change your mind. that's on you, though.
    It's not likely to change Helix, and you know that. I believe that quality of life is more important than quantity of it and that my Principles override everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    and yes, i already know that you won't change your mind and that your next reply will contain your plan to kill yourself when the time comes. i'd also discourage that.
    It's not a matter of wanting to kill myself so much as a means to deal with the eventuality that is pretty much assured at this point. Death is not something to be feared. It's simply a new beginning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    you're getting married. it's not just about you and your inflexible opinions anymore.
    You're right. It's about US and OUR inflexible opinions now.

  3. #33
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Nation's Biggest Movie Theater Chain Cuts Workweek, Blaming ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Obama should have forseen that companies would use Obama care as an excuse to screw over their workers. Historically businesses trample anyone and anything they can in order to make a dollar. I am not too surprised, politicians saying they are doing something to help the workers classes and instead it benefits businesses. Nothing new here at all.
    It doesn't BENEFIT business..

    Now they have to go through the process of hiring more people in order to work them at lower hours..... not to mention hiring the extra legal help to ensure they are doing everything within laws and regulations... and all those other "consultants" they will require to implement these changes efficiently.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #34
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Nation's Biggest Movie Theater Chain Cuts Workweek, Blaming ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    Nation's biggest movie theater chain cuts workweek, blaming ObamaCare | Fox News

    consequences unintended, it may be

    but certainly not unforeseen
    why are the conservatives all of a sudden worried about the "little working man" and not jumping for joy that the movie chain will now be making more of a bigger profit.?
    bizarro world? indeed

  5. #35
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,152

    Re: Nation's Biggest Movie Theater Chain Cuts Workweek, Blaming ObamaCare

    I have a feeling a lot of businesses are going to start using the Obamacare excuse whether it's warranted or not. Unless they have a Union to blame all their problems on.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Nation's Biggest Movie Theater Chain Cuts Workweek, Blaming ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Business owners acting in a logical, rational, predictable way that best furthers the businesses goals and needs in an effort to deal with regulations placed upon them by the government.
    Exactly.

    Everyone claims businesses can afford to lose profits in order to provide for their employees because its the right thing to do.


    Yet, when they lose profits, and then they lose investors because they lose profits, and then they end up having to lay people off because they don't have enough operating funds to continue..........well... same ****ing result.... the little man is still screwed.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,064

    Re: Nation's Biggest Movie Theater Chain Cuts Workweek, Blaming ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I have a feeling a lot of businesses are going to start using the Obamacare excuse whether it's warranted or not. Unless they have a Union to blame all their problems on.
    It's called operating within a margin. You see, the private sector has to actually make a profit unlike your beloved federal government.

    We made the same decision at our company. We cut 8 percent of our workforce, from 377 to 347, just to cover the initial projected estimated cost of Obamacare. It looks like we might have to cut more as things are becoming clearer.

  8. #38
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,064

    Re: Nation's Biggest Movie Theater Chain Cuts Workweek, Blaming ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Obama should have forseen that companies would use Obama care as an excuse to screw over their workers. Historically businesses trample anyone and anything they can in order to make a dollar. I am not too surprised, politicians saying they are doing something to help the workers classes and instead it benefits businesses. Nothing new here at all.
    What a juvenile understanding of business. LOL

    So, why would businesses hire people in the first place? Why bother if the whole reason is just to "screw them over" and fire them?

    Sounds like someone who's been fired from a few jobs for underperforming and won't take responsibility to me.

  9. #39
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,152

    Re: Nation's Biggest Movie Theater Chain Cuts Workweek, Blaming ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    It's called operating within a margin. You see, the private sector has to actually make a profit unlike your beloved federal government.
    See besides the fact that you are incapable of seeing anything outside of "Conservative v. Communist" there's a lot of people with a lot of different opinions. Keep the BS to yourself.

    We made the same decision at our company. We cut 8 percent of our workforce, from 377 to 347, just to cover the initial projected estimated cost of Obamacare. It looks like we might have to cut more as things are becoming clearer.
    Some of it is legitimate. It'll still be used as a BS excuse no matter what because the right will eat it up.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #40
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,152

    Re: Nation's Biggest Movie Theater Chain Cuts Workweek, Blaming ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    What a juvenile understanding of business. LOL

    So, why would businesses hire people in the first place? Why bother if the whole reason is just to "screw them over" and fire them?

    Sounds like someone who's been fired from a few jobs for underperforming and won't take responsibility to me.
    Yeah, workers have never ever been mistreated.

    Sounds like someone who just buys whatever as long as it comes with red Kool-Aid.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •