Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 92

Thread: Sen. Roger Wicker (R-MS) receives letter testing positive for ricin

  1. #11
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Sen. Roger Wicker (R-MS) receives letter testing positive for ricin

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    If you remember right after 9/11/01 you had the anthrax attacks, letters with anthrax sent to people. If I remember correctly seven people died.

    It's believed that the person who was responsible was an American scientist who committed suicide I think back in 2008.

    The only reason I bring this up, that there are some who like to say these anthrax attacks were terrorist attacks on G.W. Bush's watch. Even though they had nothing to do with Al Qaeda or any other foreign terrorist organization.

    By their definition the bomb that was intercepted that was addressed to Sheriff Joe Arpaio last week would also meet the definition of a attempted terrorist attack. The person or individuals who sent the bomb were very likely pro illegal alien, pro amnesty and pro open borders. Does that mean that all who support amnesty are terrorist ?

    When ricin artillery shells along with mustard gas shells were found in Iraq during the Iraq war, the political left said that ricin didn't count as being a WMD.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,253

    Re: Sen. Roger Wicker (R-MS) receives letter testing positive for ricin

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    ricin originates from castor beans. Regardless
    they allegedly have someone in custody on this
    who is a known nut job letter writer.
    They do???? Haven't seen that.

  3. #13
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,845

    Re: Sen. Roger Wicker (R-MS) receives letter testing positive for ricin

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I ran across this online. Is there a full moon out this week or something?
    I think when one nutjob goes off, many nutjobs on the ledge feel more emboldened.
    Last edited by poweRob; 04-16-13 at 08:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #14
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,845

    Re: Sen. Roger Wicker (R-MS) receives letter testing positive for ricin

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    When ricin artillery shells along with mustard gas shells were found in Iraq during the Iraq war, the political left said that ricin didn't count as being a WMD.
    No. the left didn't say that. The left, and anyone who has a brain said that the shelf life for the gas in the shells they found were well dead because those where the shells Saddam buried after Desert Storm a decade prior. The left said that those trumping these dead shells up as evidence of WMD and a solid reason for going into Iraq were completely FoS. As did GW Bush when he admitted they didn't find WMD's in Iraq. That's what the left said. Nice straw man. Have fun playing with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Sen. Roger Wicker (R-MS) receives letter testing positive for ricin

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So it is only terrorism if it's a foreigner doing it?

    Who is this guy, Political Left? Why does what he says mean anything?
    Re: terrorism

    First we'll look at the U.S. military definition since it's considered to be a tactic in warfare.

    The Department of Defense Dictionary of Military Terms defines terrorism as:

    The calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological.Then you have the U.S. DOJ deffinition.

    There is no single, universally accepted, definition of terrorism. Terrorism is defined in the Code of Federal Regulations as “the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives” (28 C.F.R. Section 0.85).

    The FBI further describes terrorism as either domestic or international, depending on the origin, base, and objectives of the terrorist organization. For the purpose of this report, the FBI will use the following definitions:

    ■Domestic terrorism is the unlawful use, or threatened use, of force or violence by a group or individual based and operating entirely within the United States or Puerto Rico without foreign direction committed against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof in furtherance of political or social objectives.
    ■International terrorism involves violent acts or acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or any state, or that would be a criminal violation if committed within the jurisdiction of the United States or any state. These acts appear to be intended to intimidate or coerce a civilian population, influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion, or affect the conduct of a government by assassination or kidnapping. International terrorist acts occur outside the United States or transcend national boundaries in terms of the means by which they are accomplished, the persons they appear intended to coerce or intimidate, or the locale in which their perpetrators operate or seek asylum.
    The FBI Divides Terrorist-Related Activities into Two Categories:

    ■A terrorist incident is a violent act or an act dangerous to human life, in violation of the criminal laws of the United States, or of any state, to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.
    ■A terrorism prevention is a documented instance in which a violent act by a known or suspected terrorist group or individual with the means and a proven propensity for violence is successfully interdicted through investigative activity.
    FBI — Terrorism 2002/2005


    Re: who is the political left

    Well you might be one of those guys. You identify as being the political left.

    Legally I can't verbally attack an individual unless he or she is a public figure but I can verbally attack groups of people or organizations with out fear of legal retaliation except on the DP.
    BTW. Have you read some of the sticky rules on the DP ? What in hell does South Africa have to do with the Middle East ?

  6. #16
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sen. Roger Wicker (R-MS) receives letter testing positive for ricin

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Re: terrorism

    First we'll look at the U.S. military definition since it's considered to be a tactic in warfare.

    The Department of Defense Dictionary of Military Terms defines terrorism as:

    The calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological.Then you have the U.S. DOJ deffinition.

    There is no single, universally accepted, definition of terrorism. Terrorism is defined in the Code of Federal Regulations as “the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives” (28 C.F.R. Section 0.85).

    The FBI further describes terrorism as either domestic or international, depending on the origin, base, and objectives of the terrorist organization. For the purpose of this report, the FBI will use the following definitions:

    ■Domestic terrorism is the unlawful use, or threatened use, of force or violence by a group or individual based and operating entirely within the United States or Puerto Rico without foreign direction committed against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof in furtherance of political or social objectives.
    ■International terrorism involves violent acts or acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or any state, or that would be a criminal violation if committed within the jurisdiction of the United States or any state. These acts appear to be intended to intimidate or coerce a civilian population, influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion, or affect the conduct of a government by assassination or kidnapping. International terrorist acts occur outside the United States or transcend national boundaries in terms of the means by which they are accomplished, the persons they appear intended to coerce or intimidate, or the locale in which their perpetrators operate or seek asylum.
    The FBI Divides Terrorist-Related Activities into Two Categories:

    ■A terrorist incident is a violent act or an act dangerous to human life, in violation of the criminal laws of the United States, or of any state, to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.
    ■A terrorism prevention is a documented instance in which a violent act by a known or suspected terrorist group or individual with the means and a proven propensity for violence is successfully interdicted through investigative activity.
    FBI — Terrorism 2002/2005


    Re: who is the political left

    Well you might be one of those guys. You identify as being the political left.

    Legally I can't verbally attack an individual unless he or she is a public figure but I can verbally attack groups of people or organizations with out fear of legal retaliation except on the DP.
    BTW. Have you read some of the sticky rules on the DP ? What in hell does South Africa have to do with the Middle East ?
    So what we learned is you do not have to be foreign to be a terrorist, so your first claim I questioned turned out to be wrong.

    We also learned that the left is an ideology, which means it does not speak. So you where wrong, wrongful for two.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #17

  8. #18
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,589
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Envelope tests positive for ricin at Washington mail facility

    Well, this is not good. Not good at all.

  9. #19
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,589
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sen. Roger Wicker (R-MS) receives letter testing positive for ricin

    I sincerely hope this is nothing more than an isolated incident by a lone whackjob who will be found and arrested quickly. The potential for harm with this stuff is enormous.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Sen. Roger Wicker (R-MS) receives letter testing positive for ricin

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    No. the left didn't say that. The left, and anyone who has a brain said that the shelf life for the gas in the shells they found were well dead because those where the shells Saddam buried after Desert Storm a decade prior. The left said that those trumping these dead shells up as evidence of WMD and a solid reason for going into Iraq were completely FoS. As did GW Bush when he admitted they didn't find WMD's in Iraq. That's what the left said. Nice straw man. Have fun playing with it.
    They said the shells were corroded. Only the shell casings were corroded. Mustard gas and sarin are not metals and can not corrode. The chemical agents had deteriorated some but the real experts in NBC warfare said the chemical agents were still lethal and were still considered to be WMD's.

    Why do liberals keep changing the definitions to further their political agenda ?

    If it were President Clinton who would have gone in to Iraq and 500 155 MM artillery mustard and sarin shells were have been found, the Democrats would be calling Clinton a hero and that he saved New York City from a mustard attack. And you know it's true.

    BTW: mustard gas has a long shelf life for decades.

    In March 2003 UN report about Iraq Weapons of Mass Destruction there is the following on page 77 (Page 79 of the pdf file), paragraph 1 of the report http://www.un.org/Depts/unmovic/documents/6mar.pdf : The Sulfur Mustard contained in artillery shells that had been stored for over 12 years, had been found by UNMOVIC to be still of high purity.

    Have you ever been to Johnston Atoll ? I doubt it, It's where the U.S. Army took their fifty year old stockpile of mustard gas and other chemical weapons to dispose of them. Why do you think they don't dispose of 50 year old mustard gas in the CONUS but instead out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean ? The U.S. Army Chemical Materials Activity (CMA) - Johnston Island / http://www.adeq.state.ar.us/ftproot/...e_11_PX_84.pdf

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •