Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 393

Thread: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

  1. #311
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,885
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Easy peasy....Just copy, and paste the url and viola!
    Yes, I know. But too often the link says "page not found."
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #312
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Yes, I know. But too often the link says "page not found."
    Lots of scrubbing going on these days....But that's just my own conspiratorial mind at work I guess.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #313
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,885
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Lots of scrubbing going on these days....But that's just my own conspiratorial mind at work I guess.
    But it even happens with links to The Economist and they never back down.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #314
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    But it even happens with links to The Economist and they never back down.
    Yeah, I know....I don't trust much of the funny business today with the internet....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #315
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Ignorance may be bliss, but it doesn't make for very effective debate. Kristol is absolutely a neoconservative. Thatcher cannot be a neoconservative. The term "neoconservative" describes a strain of conservative thought derived from evolved liberal and radical intellectuals in the U.S. (and/or their children, see David Horowitz). Because many of those intellectuals were/are Jewish, neoconservatism is sometimes mistaken for a Jewish phenomenon, and anti-neoconservatism sometimes seems antisemitic. Regardless, as a Brit Margaret Thatcher could not, by definition, be a neoconservative.
    So your argument is that there cannot be Brit neocons?

    And I'm ignorant!?

    LOL.

    PS...Bill Kristol was not a liberal....ever.

    So sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #316
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So your argument is that there cannot be Brit neocons?

    And I'm ignorant!?

    LOL.

    PS...Bill Kristol was not a liberal....ever.

    So sorry.

    Ok, so I found the link you are using for your laughable assertion that Reagan and Thatcher were "Neo-cons"... At least not in the manner that liberals use the term today....It was from British neoconservatives - Philosophical Investigations

    As left as that organization is, you conveniently left out the contextual opening sentence of the paragraph that you posted..."British Neoconservatism is very different from its US counterpart, but shares a rejection of the social liberalism, moral relativism, and New Left counterculture of the 1960s."

    Now I had to ask myself why you would do that? Then I figured it out. It wasn't because you were on to some intellectual point about Reagan, or Thatcher. It wasn't because of anything other than laziness. You found the first leftist site you agreed with, and cherry picked something that you could twist, and mold, but the only way you can do that is to first eliminate the context of British neoconservatism being vastly different from that of America.

    That's a hack move dude.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #317
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So your argument is that there cannot be Brit neocons?

    And I'm ignorant!?

    LOL.

    PS...Bill Kristol was not a liberal....ever.

    So sorry.

    Ok, so I found the link you are using for your laughable assertion that Reagan and Thatcher were "Neo-cons"... At least not in the manner that liberals use the term today....It was from British neoconservatives - Philosophical Investigations

    As left as that organization is, you conveniently left out the contextual opening sentence of the paragraph that you posted..."British Neoconservatism is very different from its US counterpart, but shares a rejection of the social liberalism, moral relativism, and New Left counterculture of the 1960s."

    Now I had to ask myself why you would do that? Then I figured it out. It wasn't because you were on to some intellectual point about Reagan, or Thatcher. It wasn't because of anything other than laziness. You found the first leftist site you agreed with, and cherry picked something that you could twist, and mold, but the only way you can do that is to first eliminate the context of British neoconservatism being vastly different from that of America.

    That's a hack move dude.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #318
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,885
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So your argument is that there cannot be Brit neocons?

    And I'm ignorant!?

    LOL.

    PS...Bill Kristol was not a liberal....ever.

    So sorry.
    You are correct on both counts: there cannot be Brit neocons and you are (apparently) ignorant.

    Kristol was indeed never a liberal, but his father, Irving Kristol, was once quite the lefty. As I said, neocons are evolved lefties or their children.

    Learn first. Then post.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #319
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    I think that issuing a diplomatic snub to one of our closest allies IS a big deal.
    There was no snub. A delegation was sent.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  10. #320
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,913

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    There was no snub. A delegation was sent.
    Yes, a delegation of former officials rather than the de rigueur ones. Hence the discussion. Was this yet another faux pas, or was it a deliberate snub?

Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •