Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 393

Thread: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

  1. #191
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Only in your delusions of what you wish I had said.

    But hey, feel free to dig up that post, which you have "little doubt" I made. Make sure you let me know when you find it and re-post it. Until you do, there's nothing else to say. Time to put up. I'm not interested whatsoever in any excuses as to why you won't. If you don't have the spine, you're not worth another nanosecond of my time.
    said in the very beginning it is most convenient for you to use the ancient past as the ONE, count 'em ONE time you claim to have approved of President Obama's actions... not Osama but pirates...

    You can tuck your attention span, as short as it is, back in... your recent history of constant Obama whine sets the pace for me.

    Not worth a nanosecond and yet here you are, very telling. Proof works both ways, you have no proof you ever praised Obama for anything, and if you mean your memory, that is a bit suspect because like i have mentioned, you couldn't think of the killing of the mastermind of 9-11, the leader of al-Queera, the man BushII thought would be turned in by his own followers if the money was good enough...

    no, ya couldn't remember that one but you remember pirates....

    spin it anyway you want, but you have ZERO track record of giving the President his due.

  2. #192
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I disagree.

    As an American citizen, I would rather the President deal with American concerns rather than go to a funeral on foreign soil.
    Does it work the other way for you? The rest of the world should mind its own business and ignore the funeral of a U.S. President or former president?
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  3. #193
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    The decision for who not to attend? If you mean Obama, or even GW Bush, why would they attend??? It would make no sense, unless they personally knew her.
    What a cop-out reply! You claimed that O couldn't go because of the Boston massacre, as if that had the slightest thing to do with his decision.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  4. #194
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Don't forget that he's trying to pass a budget deal with the GOP-controlled House and the Democrat-controlled Senate. Chances are he didn't arrange to go because of that reason. There's just too many domestic issues for him to deal with right now.
    You can't be serious!
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  5. #195
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    1) Whose disagereing with that? Most people who are bothered by his choice on this thread seem to suggest they feel the first lady or the VP should go and have clearly sttated they understand that the President would attend to Boston. I've seen just a tiny few, even on this thread, who are suggesting Obama should go instead of going to Boston.

    2) The initial plans were made and announced PRIOR to the bombing taking place so attempting to put that out there as a means of cowing those who have an issue with it is basically throwing out an after the fact excuse. There would be a difference with him choosing to change plans after the bombing occured.
    It's not even a good faith excuse.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  6. #196
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Sorry, but your pure hatred for the man doesn't negate the fact that he is president and is currently needed here. He doesn't need to be an investigator. He needs to be here for more than just standing around. Just because you don't understand what the president does doesn't mean he does nothing.
    You're right! It would have been tacky of him to attack Second Amendment supporters from foreign soil.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  7. #197
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    He is needed because he is president and the final decisions on many matters are his. That's the only reason that's really relevant. All of your other talking points about shovel ready jobs etc. are only serving the purpose of changing the topic.
    If he can make decisions while he's golfing in Hawaii, why not in London?
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  8. #198
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    They should have sent somebody actually in the administration to represent the United States. This was not a good idea and reflects poorly on the Obama Administration, regardless of how he or anybody else feels about Thatcher. She was an incredibly important political figure at the end of the 20th century and there should be some person of note in the official U.S. delegation.

    And I am not a Thatcher admirer.
    Precisely!
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  9. #199
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    According to the news reports I read following Thatcher's death, Argentina was not invited.
    I think the Argentinian ambassador in London was invited.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  10. #200
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    Does it work the other way for you? The rest of the world should mind its own business and ignore the funeral of a U.S. President or former president?
    Sure.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •