Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 393

Thread: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

  1. #151
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    What he said was ambiguous, but either way he's wrong.

    I took it to meant, if you are defending Obama, you are a identifying yourself as liberal. Which would be a stupid comment.

    But he very well could have meant that everyone defending Obama is a self-identified liberal, which not all of them are. So he would be wrong.

    I might have pulled the wrong meaning from what he said, it happens, but regardless what he's saying is wrong.
    It wasn't ambiguous. Though he IS wrong by saying "every last one" if you go by their stated lean.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Wow, you have a gift my friend. I haven't seen the twisting of words like that in quite some time.

    My wife just wrecked her car. I told her not to worry, because she was very upset, that I would handle it. I think any reasonable person would understand that all I did by "handling it" was to call the insurance company, get it inspected, and bring it in to get it fixed. Saying I handled it didn't mean that I replaced her bumper all by myself.

    Obama made the calls and he got it right. I can't believe your hatred for him makes you upset at that fact.
    Obama 'made the call'? So he told the US Navy to put a stop to it.

    You think that was a bold move, like you calling the insurance company?

    Again, I don't hate Obama. He's got his moment and he's living it large.

    Why not? I've actually come to find him comical, as though he's forever doing a parody of himself. You take him seriously though, right?

  3. #153
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    WOW! Barrack Obama handled the Somalian pirates as well? I can see him hanging from a rope swing across the bloodied decks, a knife in his teeth, a sword at his side and a determined grin on his face. And wearing a puffy shirt.

    Is there no end to this mans gifts??
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #154
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,357

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Winston Churchill also deservedly won the Nobel Prize for Literature, something quite out of the reach for Barrack Obama. Although BHO did win the Nobel Peace Prize for Good Intentions, Churchill actually won peace the hard way.


    Reagan, Churchill and Thatcher were all honorable people and great leaders, and probably never snorted cocaine in their lives.
    Good morning, Grant!

    Excellent post!

    It makes one wonder why BHO seems to want to concentrate his efforts on people's baser natures, instead of encouraging everyone to strive to be the best they can be! The great leaders throughout history are all remembered for their words and deeds that encouraged people to rise above where they were, not sliding by and always taking the easy road... which gains little in neither self respect nor success.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Good morning, Grant!

    Excellent post!

    It makes one wonder why BHO seems to want to concentrate his efforts on people's baser natures, instead of encouraging everyone to strive to be the best they can be! The great leaders throughout history are all remembered for their words and deeds that encouraged people to rise above where they were, not sliding by and always taking the easy road... which gains little in neither self respect nor success.
    Good Morning, Polgara, and you've nailed it!

    Reagan, Thatcher and Churchill all encouraged their people to rise against the very serious problems they faced and they did it with very memorable speeches and deeds. Meanwhile Barrack Obama says "you didn't build that", rallying the electorate against their fellow Americans. And, sad to say, he has succeeded in that one area.

  6. #156
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Dan Quayle, how quickly we forget...
    Biden is much more of a clown than Quayle ever was. My comment stands.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  7. #157
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,081

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Obama 'made the call'? So he told the US Navy to put a stop to it.

    You think that was a bold move, like you calling the insurance company?

    Again, I don't hate Obama. He's got his moment and he's living it large.

    Why not? I've actually come to find him comical, as though he's forever doing a parody of himself. You take him seriously though, right?
    It was a tough decision that ultimately the outcome, either way, was going to fall on his shoulders. I think it's obvious that the seals that were out there deserve all the credit, it's still fair to point out that he had to make some extremely tough decisions that put people's lives at risk. Maybe you find that comical, but I don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  8. #158
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,081

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    It wasn't ambiguous. Though he IS wrong by saying "every last one" if you go by their stated lean.
    As I go back and re-read it I'm more inclined to agree with you that I took the wrong meaning from it. But as you said, it was still an incorrect statement. Which is one of the reasons I think I thought that he meant what I thought he meant. I assumed he wouldn't say something so obviously wrong and easy to refute, but I guess that was just wishful thinking on my part.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    It was a tough decision that ultimately the outcome, either way, was going to fall on his shoulders. I think it's obvious that the seals that were out there deserve all the credit, it's still fair to point out that he had to make some extremely tough decisions that put people's lives at risk. Maybe you find that comical, but I don't.
    How is that a tough decision?? He was worried about losing the Pirate support in Pittsburgh?

    These pirates were disrupting trade and murdering private citizens, including Americans. Who would have done any differently?

  10. #160
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,081

    Re: Obama sends former officials to Thatcher funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    How is that a tough decision?? He was worried about losing the Pirate support in Pittsburgh?

    These pirates were disrupting trade and murdering private citizens, including Americans. Who would have done any differently?
    They also had hostages. Which makes it a much more different scenario than the one in which you're trying to paint.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •