Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 923

Thread: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon [W:162, 896, 911]]

  1. #901
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Whatever.



    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll
    Holy ****. It's a red letter day at DP. We have finally concluded the long and drawn out argument about the evils of firearms and the practicality of collecting them all. Could we possibly stick this so we don't ever have to beat this particular deceased equine again?


    BTW I'm interpreting "whatever" to mean you have at long last concluded the theoretical impossibility of collecting all existing firearms or the ability to go back in time and prevent their manufacture. Does that sound about right?

  2. #902
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Define 'a good number'. Maybe in that definition you can post stats showing what percentage of legitimate gun owners shoot themselves or anybody else versus the numbers that don't, or would the latter be 'bad numbers'?
    More than a handful, a significant amount. Shooting yourself or a person known to you (friend or family) is who we shoot most often.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #903
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Does that sound about right?



    Nope.

    It looks like they 'may' have a suspect in the bombings.

    Lets hope it's the perp.

  4. #904
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Try almost never. The percentages are infintesimally small. More people die straining too hard on the toilet.
    No, that would be a false comparison. The percentage is much higher with gun owners.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #905
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,067

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, that would be a false comparison. The percentage is much higher with gun owners.
    It is almost zero.

    Just about every single person I've ever known owns guns, and none of us knows anyone who accidentally shot anyone.

    Now in Chicago, they're shooting each other on purpose. And they have strict gun laws.

  6. #906
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    April 15. Tax due date. In Boston, home of the Boston Tea Party.

    The connection is obvious to any American, but it may be a coincidence if the perpetrator is foreign. We'll see.
    Really? Hahahahaah
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #907
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    It is almost zero.

    Just about every single person I've ever known owns guns, and none of us knows anyone who accidentally shot anyone.

    Now in Chicago, they're shooting each other on purpose. And they have strict gun laws.



    What does any of that have to do with the bombs at the Boston Marathon?

  8. #908
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Nope.

    It looks like they 'may' have a suspect in the bombings.

    Lets hope it's the perp.
    Pretty good work on their part I'd say. Just 2 days? That's some serious work there. Kudos to the officers on a great job so far.

  9. #909
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    comment removed because after posting above warning was seen. I'd like boo to take the above comment to the gun forum so we could discuss it further.

    In news about the bombing, did they or did they not arrest a suspect? Many conflicting reports.
    Fair enough. I was just answering what was posted.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #910
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    It is almost zero.

    Just about every single person I've ever known owns guns, and none of us knows anyone who accidentally shot anyone.

    Now in Chicago, they're shooting each other on purpose. And they have strict gun laws.
    Go to other thread.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •