Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
Results 891 to 900 of 923

Thread: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon [W:162, 896, 911]]

  1. #891
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The chicken and the egg argument aside, as a good number of gun owners shoot themselves or friend and family, how can you make a statement that doesn't take this into account?
    Try almost never. The percentages are infintesimally small. More people die straining too hard on the toilet.

  2. #892
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    CNN is reporting one suspect has been identified in the bombing due to department store video

  3. #893
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Is there anyone who contributes more to the 'gun culture' than Hollywood?



    Without a lot of research, my guess is no.

  4. #894
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Try almost never. The percentages are infintesimally small. More people die straining too hard on the toilet.



    How many people have ever been shot by a gun that wasn't there?

    Just curious.

  5. #895
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    How many people have ever been shot by a gun that wasn't there?

    Just curious.
    Hundreds of thousands. Because the invader that broke in had one, or a machete.

    Every country that has ever been ruled by a dictator first had its citizenry disarmed.

  6. #896
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Moderator's Warning:
    Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon [W:162, 896, 911]]Again folks, THIS thread is not a gun control thread. There are DOZENS all around the forum, take the discussion there

  7. #897
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The chicken and the egg argument aside, as a good number of gun owners shoot themselves or friend and family, how can you make a statement that doesn't take this into account?
    comment removed because after posting above warning was seen. I'd like boo to take the above comment to the gun forum so we could discuss it further.

    In news about the bombing, did they or did they not arrest a suspect? Many conflicting reports.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  8. #898
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    How many people have ever been shot by a gun that wasn't there?

    Just curious.
    The same number who have actually flown to school on a unicorn. I see where you are going with this, living in a fantasy world is not going to fix a thing. There are close to 300,000,000 civilian owned guns in this country. The very fact that Chicago has such a high firearms murder rate is why you will never collect them all. In all these years those illegally owned weapons have not been collected, there is no way the rest of illegally owned guns will be found, and unless there is a way law abiding citizens are not going to give theirs up knowing the criminals still have theirs. In the future if you could restrict your comments to reality that would be nice. Otherwise it makes you look like you have no grasp of reality.

  9. #899
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    The same number who have actually flown to school on a unicorn. I see where you are going with this, living in a fantasy world is not going to fix a thing. There are close to 300,000,000 civilian owned guns in this country. The very fact that Chicago has such a high firearms murder rate is why you will never collect them all. In all these years those illegally owned weapons have not been collected, there is no way the rest of illegally owned guns will be found, and unless there is a way law abiding citizens are not going to give theirs up knowing the criminals still have theirs. In the future if you could restrict your comments to reality that would be nice. Otherwise it makes you look like you have no grasp of reality.

    Whatever.



    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

  10. #900
    Professor
    longknife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sin City
    Last Seen
    05-18-15 @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,385

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Whatever.



    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll
    Don't you people bother to read the moderator's warning?
    Father Serra's Legacy - novels about the history of the California missions

Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •