Page 60 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 923

Thread: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon [W:162, 896, 911]]

  1. #591
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    It's also Patriot's Day in PA, big state holiday.
    I believe you, but frankly I don't even know what Patriot's day is, and I suspect 90% of Americans don't either. If Patriot's Day is the key, again, it looks domestic. I can't believe al Qaedatypes would find Patriots Day a big symbolic event.

  2. #592
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,148

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're preaching to the choir, my man.
    Your religious tendencies are well advertised.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  3. #593
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon [W:162]

    OK, time for logic.

    Islamic terrorism? Unlikely, or else some jihadist would've claimed responsibility by now. Furthermore, the area struck had no military/strategic significance (Boston marathon finish line? ?)

    Paleo-right wing terrorism? Possibly. The bombing was in Boston, a liberal town, so it would make it a potential target.

    Neo-conservative terrorism? Unlikely. The GOP establishment (or their sponsors) is certainly able and willing to launch domestic terrorist attacks (and has the big $$ to do so) to try to scare the public into voting for more neocon pols. But Boston--a mecca of liberalism--doesn't seem like an ideal target. Disneyland/Disneyworld would've been better.

    CONCLUSION: Most likely paleo-conservative terrorist attack. Probably some right-wingers who decided to blame "librelism" for all their woes and attacked what they thought was the center of it
    Last edited by solletica; 04-15-13 at 10:54 PM.

  4. #594
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Yank View Post
    Thats right, Joaquin and the genius Janet Napolitano tell us that its those right wing gun owning tea partiers to look out fer... :reoll::feroll:
    Touchy!

  5. #595
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Aaargh, now CNN has decided to end it's reporting and put that numbnuts Morgan on.
    He is horrible, isn't he. I'm not a conservative but this Morgan guy is certainly not my cup of tea, or coffee since Morgan is from England.

  6. #596
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,866

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon [W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    OK, time for logic.

    Islamic terrorism? Unlikely, or else some jihadist would've claimed responsibility by now. Furthermore, the area struck had no military/strategic significance (Boston marathon finish line? ?)

    Paleo-right wing terrorism? Possibly. The bombing was in Boston, a liberal town, so it would make it a potential target.

    Neo-conservative terrorism? Unlikely. The GOP establishment (or their sponsors) is certainly able and willing to launch domestic terrorist attacks (and has the big $$ to do so) to try to scare the public into voting for more neocon pols. But Boston--a mecca of liberalism--doesn't seem like an ideal target. Disneyland/Disneyworld would've been better.

    CONCLUSION: Most likely paleo-conservative terrorist attack. Probably some inbred dorks who decided to blame "librelism" for all their woes and attacked what they thought was the center of it
    You're confusing logic with speculation.

  7. #597
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    It's random.. Tax day in Boston.. hitting the Marathon is not making a statement on taxes. There are more bigger and better targets to make a statement..
    Boston Tea Party. April 15. A big public event.

    The connection seems obvious to me, but like I say, the real culprits will probably somebody we don't suspect yet.

  8. #598
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,550

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    WHY don't the hacks stop speculating as to who did this crime until the facts become known. I remember when the Murrow Building was bombed and the rumors were Islamists. Lets not jump to silly conclusions or use this to bash a group since there apparently is no hints yet as to who could have done this?

    the Marathon isn't exactly something that attracts only liberals or conservatives, democrats or Republicans.



  9. #599
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    I'll simply state there is a JFK Federal Building in Boston.. which houses the IRS. IRS or Marathon which makes a bigger statement on Tax day?
    Pretty hard to bomb the IRS building. Indeed, all but impossible. The marathon, however . . .

  10. #600
    Fourum Addmean
    shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the sodomizers
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon [W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Like I said a couple pages ago I'm not commenting much on most of this because the reporting is all over the place. I read earlier not long after it happened 50 killed. It's too crazy to know the facts. Too much speculation... and speculation by what's supposed to be journalists.
    I read it was 10,000 killed, by a North Korean missile.
    Either I'm right or you're wrong.

Page 60 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •