Page 28 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 923

Thread: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon [W:162, 896, 911]]

  1. #271
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,310

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    You should've warned us that your pic was so graphic.
    Photo's like that SHOULD be published. Iv'e seen photo's of 9/11, photos of what was left of the jumpers that made the decision to end their lives rather than burn to death, photos of the human remains that were strewn all over the World Trade Center Site before the towers collapsed.

    It's the actual human toll and it shouldn't be hidden.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    The FBI has now taken over the Investigation.....there wont be any other news unless it is for totals on injured and dead. Obama to come on in a few minutes.

    Obama Speaking Now!

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    You should've warned us that your pic was so graphic.
    This thread is about a bombing. What kind of pictures did you expect? Common sense when reading the thread title was all the warning you needed.

  4. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Yeah that is odd. He may have been mistaken tho, or it could have been used as an igniter for a more prosaic explosive mixture.
    Today's smokeless gun powders smell almost like cordite. I still today refer to the smell while shooting as being the smell of cordite but I know it's technically not.

    The smell of the gases of TNT when it's detonated smells different from C-4.

    Most explosive devices do need a "kicker charge", a detonator of some kind usually a small explosive that sets off the main charge.

    Remember the Al Qaeda Underwear Bomber ? He was able to ignite the fuse but the fuse failed to ignite the kicker charge that would have detonated the main charge. That terrorist attack happened in America, he was able to lite the fuse but the kicker charge failed. It wasn't a failed terrorist attack, the attack happened. Like the early American torpedoes during WW ll, the torpedo hit the ship but the torpedo didn't explode. The ship was still attacked and hit by a torpedo.

  5. #275
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Yep. As soon as his teleprompter tells him what to say.
    Yes, this is the ultimate moment to redo the lost presidential election why don't we. At times of crises it is always best to bring partisan politics of lost presidential elections into it
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    CNN now reporting: No one in custody, 2 dead, several critical, 100+ injured. Has been designated terrorism.
    Given that it's April 15 and the attack was in Boston, I can't help but think that a domestic sovereign citizenlike person or group is involved-- but I'm also willing to bet that whatever initial thinking we have about this will probably prove to be totally wrong.

  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The only thing Obama needs to do is resign. He doesn't need to concern himself with anything else.
    Jesus man, can your partisan lunacy for ten minutes please.

  8. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Today's smokeless gun powders smell almost like cordite. I still today refer to the smell while shooting as being the smell of cordite but I know it's technically not.

    The smell of the gases of TNT when it's detonated smells different from C-4.

    Most explosive devices do need a "kicker charge", a detonator of some kind usually a small explosive that sets off the main charge.

    Remember the Al Qaeda Underwear Bomber ? He was able to ignite the fuse but the fuse failed to ignite the kicker charge that would have detonated the main charge. That terrorist attack happened in America, he was able to lite the fuse but the kicker charge failed. It wasn't a failed terrorist attack, the attack happened. Like the early American torpedoes during WW ll, the torpedo hit the ship but the torpedo didn't explode. The ship was still attacked and hit by a torpedo.
    Oh yeah the "pantie bomber" I remember that guy

  9. #279
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Jesus man, can your partisan lunacy for ten minutes please.
    I did.....and hour ago.

  10. #280
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: Explosions reported near finish line at Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    yeah, regardless of what I think of the man, this IS a time to hear from the President.
    No, it's not. Every time a few people (Americans) die because of an attack he'd be on almost everyday. Oh wait..
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

Page 28 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •